What weird talents do you have?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like the title says... what weird talents do you have? Or can you do anything that most people can't do?

I can do poi, which is this:
YouTube - ‪Costa Rica Flow: Poi in Paradise‬‎

I'm still learning but it's soooo relaxing and really is a nice way to workout.

I'm getting back into contact juggling, which is:
YouTube - ‪Elements (contact juggling)‬‎

Or as the stupid commercial says "FUSHIGI!" But that ball is horribly made, and it's not fushigi... it's contact juggling

Both are incredibly relaxing, yet exciting at the same time. I <3 it
August 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Poi! I had some friends back in the day who did that. We got to go to Vegas for an opening of a club and they performed. I love it!

August 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poi is awesome indeed I did fire poi for my first time a few weeks ago, and omg it was a literal emotional high after that!
YouTube - &#x202a;pounce fire spinning&#x202c;&lrm;

That is a video of one of my best friends, she is one person that got me interested in poi. She lives in Vegas and I miss her
August 7th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Hooping

still a newbie to it but I'm getting better
Here is some of the stuff I'm working on learning (not me, just random vids)

YouTube - &#x202a;Lollipop Hooping&#x202c;&lrm;
YouTube - &#x202a;Hooping to Rob Zombie&#x202c;&lrm;

Once I get a hold of that, I'm considering getting vain fans as they look so pretty then maybe even poi ;P

August 8th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekinna2402 View Post
Hooping

still a newbie to it but I'm getting better
Here is some of the stuff I'm working on learning (not me, just random vids)

YouTube - &#x202a;Lollipop Hooping&#x202c;&lrm;
YouTube - &#x202a;Hooping to Rob Zombie&#x202c;&lrm;

Once I get a hold of that, I'm considering getting vain fans as they look so pretty then maybe even poi ;P
My buddy is amazing with a hulahoop.... I should see if I can find any videos of her. I have seen some people at our local fire arts gatherings with fire fans, they are interesting. There is a get together every Sunday here at Confluence Park, and sooo many people come with various fire arts and drums and just having a low-key good time. I haven't gone there lately but should before the end of the summer and get some videos of the guys there. They intimidate me with how good some of them are!
August 8th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I'm on hoopcity and another group for hoopers and some of the girls there are amazing just absolutely amazing
you should try to find some videos of her, I'd love to see!

I don't know anyone else around here that dance hoops, the only thing is sports hoops (which is what I have right now, have ordered two new "proper" hoops)

August 8th, 2010, 01:06 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I can dislocate joints at will. Always thought it was a neat party trick - then I learned it was an awful syndrome.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
I can dislocate joints at will. Always thought it was a neat party trick - then I learned it was an awful syndrome.
Oh that gives me the eebie jeebies, lol. Although I have a similar party trick... after I broke my wrist I found out I can essentially pop my thumb bone, it makes a loud popping noise whenever I move it in a circle and it freaks people out when they touch my thumb.

OH I FORGOT! Not really a "talent" per-say, but I can bark and growl like a dog. It is creepy how real it sounds. One time I barked during school in the hall to show a friend and a teacher went out of her classroom asking where the dog was. My friends thought it was the coolest thing back in school and so they would have me bark in random places to confuse people. Now I occasionally do it to mess with my dog
August 8th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekinna2402 View Post
I'm on hoopcity and another group for hoopers and some of the girls there are amazing just absolutely amazing
you should try to find some videos of her, I'd love to see!

I don't know anyone else around here that dance hoops, the only thing is sports hoops (which is what I have right now, have ordered two new "proper" hoops)
I found pictures of her, but no videos. I'll have to ask her if she has any, or go and take some vids of her soon. She's really into the Burning Man scene, and she's getting ready for BM and uberly busy, but I can probably get some videos of her after it. I'm hoping to attend BM with her and Tony next year
August 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Found some video of some local people... here is some of our weekly gatherings... the first person doing poi is a high school friend of mine, he's such a sweetheart, and then in the end is a girl with a fire hoop:
YouTube - &#x202a;Confluence Park 8/02/09&#x202c;&lrm;

Then this one has fire fans, poi, and hooping in it. Quality isn't that great but it's still neat:
YouTube - &#x202a;Fire Acrobatics ~ Confluence Park ~ Denver, Colorado&#x202c;&lrm;

You can see just how many people show up to these weekly gatherings in the second video. Always such a good group and it's fun to unwind from the weekend and get ready for the week with them

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search