Would you be angry too?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, DH told MIL that I'm pregnant again via phone. I was sitting right there and kept telling him not to tell her because I wanted to wait until after my first appointment to tell her. Well, he told her anyways. This leads her to make a huge FB announcement telling the whole freaking world that I'm expecting.

I haven't even mentioned anything on FB about it. Now, I didn't tell her specifically, "hey don't tell anyone", but I just thought that was common knowledge to just keep in on the down low until the expectant MOTHER not MIL wants to share the news.

What if something happens and I lose the baby or something else happens and I have to break the news to ALL THESE PEOPLE THAT WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm so mad.

August 10th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I would be upset if my dh told someone when he knew I didn't want him to say anything. While it would be annoying if mil started telling people, I would fault my dh more than her.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
August 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be LIVID. I'm so sorry.

My husband told my coworkers that I was pregnant before I got a chance to do so. It made me so mad.... I can't even imagine if my MIL were to spill the beans. *shudder*

August 10th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I would be pissed. I would put on my highest, pointiest heel and go kick her in the taco.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; August 10th, 2010 at 07:53 AM.
August 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Stacy, lol. That made me laugh. Plus, I have a sinus infection and I can't breathe and the last thing I needed was for him to tell her and then for her to tell the freaking world of FB. I wasn't ready for it to be FB official yet. It's so early on and there's so many things that could happen.

August 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
I would be mad too! I'm almost nine weeks and I don't plan on making an announcement to the people in real life until I'm out of the first trimester and I've had my cervix stitched...and that will not happen until after 12 weeks and 1 day at the earliest...

August 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Uh yeah. My MIL did the exact freaking thing after DH specifically asked her not to tell anyone.

August 10th, 2010, 08:40 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Sorry Lauren. I would be pissed too.

I vow to NEVER be a big mouth, annoying MIL. DH would be in big trouble too.

August 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Yeah, I'd be royally pissed. More so at DH who you specifically said "don't tell her" to. MIL was just overly excited and made a bad judgment call. For her I would have severe annoyance, but for DH I would have evil thoughts.
August 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
IMO if something happens than she can be the one to put it on her FB and tell people. I would be pissed off too.

August 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I'd be furious but mostly at the DH whenyou told him not to say anything, not THAT hard to zip your mouth or atleast tell her to NOT mention it to anyone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search