For Mommies of Girls

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
While looking for haircut pictures for little girls, I stumbled across this site. It's SO adorable with tons of hairstyles for little girls. They are complicated and require some time, but they are soooo cute! I really like this one:
Hairstyles For Girls - The Story Of A Princess And Her Hair

But the album is here:
Hairstyles from our blog: princesshairstyles.com | Facebook

SO CUTE! I want to try some on Lily tomorrow, I'll have to post pictures when I'm done, see if I can attempt them, lol!
August 11th, 2010, 01:11 AM
summerblue's Avatar Veteran
Post a pic.

My oldest gave my youngest a hair cut last month. It was not good. Now my 3 year old has the entire crown of her head at 2 inches and the rest at about 10 inches.

I craft, check out my blog!
August 11th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue View Post
Post a pic.

My oldest gave my youngest a hair cut last month. It was not good. Now my 3 year old has the entire crown of her head at 2 inches and the rest at about 10 inches.
Oh no! How horrible! I will post pictures when I get it done, hopefully I can get it to look cute
August 11th, 2010, 07:05 AM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
My daughter's hair isn't long enough to do anything with yet!

August 11th, 2010, 07:10 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:

I am just getting dd to let me comb her hair without a meltdown the majority of the time.. I don't think she could hold still for that one. They are beautiful pictures though.
August 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM
KimberlyD0
my girls would never let me do any of those styles to their hair. They're cute though.

I'm lucky if I can get a ponytail or 2 in their hair. DD#1 finally had to have her hair cut that was a PITA... DD#2 has never had her hair cute.
August 11th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
Abby's hair isnt long enough to do most of this stuff. But she's wanting to get it long long long so maybe we will be able to do it sometime soon! the only problem is, she is SO tenderheaded i cant even french braid her hair. She asks me to do it all the time, i get started and try to be as gentle as i can and not pull, but french braids are hard to be extremely gentle with. She'll start crying and run away 3 minutes into it :/

August 11th, 2010, 08:53 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Post a pic.

So, she has a mullet?

August 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO cute! DD's going balled right now though

August 11th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lily's hair isn't quite long enough or thick enough to do what I wanted to do. It still came out cute, but not what it originally was supposed to be. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle a different style or tailor it to fit her hair type. No pictures from today because she's insisting on not wearing a shirt all day, so I'll have to take a pic when she isn't a naked Lily
August 11th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
ohh those are pretty...

*saves page for later use* you know... when she actually get more hair!
she had a itty bitty braid in it today but it looked more like a weird hockey hairdo than pretty braid

August 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekinna2402 View Post
ohh those are pretty...

*saves page for later use* you know... when she actually get more hair!
she had a itty bitty braid in it today but it looked more like a weird hockey hairdo than pretty braid
For the longest time Lily had short hair, only wanted short hair. Now she is finally getting it long and I found that site to do pretty hairstyles, but now she wants it short again, lol. I'll let her get it cut if she wants, but I am going to try doing a hairstyle from there every day and see if she likes them enough to keep it long.

I personally love short hair, my hair is longish now, but still short to most standards. My hair is usually very short and spikey, so I don't mind if Lily wants her hair short too, but kids called her "Billy" last year because of her short hair and don't want her teased
August 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
summerblue's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amegra View Post
So, she has a mullet?
no, just the crown is short. It lays down so you can't tell in pictures.

I craft, check out my blog!
August 12th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Froggy View Post
For the longest time Lily had short hair, only wanted short hair. Now she is finally getting it long and I found that site to do pretty hairstyles, but now she wants it short again, lol. I'll let her get it cut if she wants, but I am going to try doing a hairstyle from there every day and see if she likes them enough to keep it long.

I personally love short hair, my hair is longish now, but still short to most standards. My hair is usually very short and spikey, so I don't mind if Lily wants her hair short too, but kids called her "Billy" last year because of her short hair and don't want her teased
This is about how long her hair is at the moment

She was a baldie for the longest time!

I oprefer mine shortish too but I do hope Tanja has her longish for at least a little bit of time seeing how she bad almost no hair till she was over 2 years!
We still do get the whole.. is it a boy or a girl or just simply..what a pretty boy

August 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekinna2402 View Post
This is about how long her hair is at the moment

She was a baldie for the longest time!

I oprefer mine shortish too but I do hope Tanja has her longish for at least a little bit of time seeing how she bad almost no hair till she was over 2 years!
We still do get the whole.. is it a boy or a girl or just simply..what a pretty boy
Kaley was the same way. I've really noticed the past 6 months her hair has gotten longer, but it's taken FOREVER.

August 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
same, it is just recently it started to get that longish but it is mostly just "under" and way on top of her hair so looks pretty funny

August 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
I am just getting dd to let me comb her hair without a meltdown the majority of the time.. I don't think she could hold still for that one. They are beautiful pictures though.
I'm with you there. She has super curly hair like me, and oh my... it's a mess to comb through. I bought some spray detangler, which has helped a bunch (because she likes things sprayed, either in the air like air freshener or on her head). Still, no way would she sit still for me to "fix" her hair.

August 12th, 2010, 06:20 PM
i actually did one of these styles for Abby for meet the teacher day! I made a net with the top half of her hair, put the excess in a braid, and attemped to put the bottom half in ringlets. That didn't work too well! But it still turned out good!

August 12th, 2010, 10:50 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
^Adorable!
August 13th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Thank you! I showed her the website in the OP and she wants to do all of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search