Do you ever run into people that know you... yet don't? lol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every so often I run into people that I went to high school with or out and about, I sometimes forget their names, or they forget mine, or details about where we met, ya know those "I know you from somewhere, yet don't remember where" kind of things. I recently had someone message me on facebook saying we hung out all the time in high school, yet I don't have the foggiest idea who she is outside of a class we shared. I don't remember ever talking to her much less hang out with her.

This seems to happen to me a lot, except a couple weeks ago something happened that made me laugh and scratch my head, and I was reminded of it tonight when talking to a friend.

Well Tony was a DJ for a local club that night, so before he played we got a beer, was sitting around, and this girl is staring at me. She didn't look familiar, but a bit later she comes up to me and is all "I know you." And stares. I look at her racking my brain trying to put a name to a face. I couldn't think of where I knew her. She said "You're Jenn, aren't you?" I said I was, and she kind of shakes her head and says "Why do you hate me?" Well you can imagine my confusion, not even knowing who she is. So I said "Sorry, I don't remember who you are... where do I know you from?" and she said she was a friend within our group from ages ago. I'm talking about 10 years ago when I was 26. So I finally remembered her, and said "Its been ages since I've seen you, we were just kids then." She's sitting there shaking her head, and insisting I hate her. I really had no idea what she was talking about.

She then starts going off on some tangent saying I had a party at my house but didn't like her so let her friends come inside and made her sit in her car for 4 hours yelling at her to get the F away from my house. You can imagine the look on my face when she said this.... because that never happened. I am VERY weird about bringing people to my house, so I couldn't think of one time I had invited people over that were welcome over. I only tell people my address if I actually want them to come over, and if I didn't want someone over, I wouldnt give them the address. Ya know, what normal people do, lol. So I ask her about that night, and she said it happened about 5 years ago and everyone but her was allowed in and it was some big party. Well, for one, I have not thrown a party at my house since high school, especially since I have a kid. 5 years ago I never went anywhere, because I had a baby, adjusting to college and being a single parent. I certainly wasn't having parties.

So the rest of our conversation went really downhill from there. I am telling this girl that I've never had a party, I rarely have people over at my house, and back then I didn't even see anyone. Her friend walks over that doesn't like Tony or I for no reason at all and likes to call me an ****** ***** whenever he feels like it. Of course Tony doesn't like people harassing me, so they have exchanged words because this guy talks trash to me for no reason at all. It's the weirdest thing because I've never dont anything to him, and actually we used to be friends when Tony had his DJ residency at his club night. Well she asked him something about us, and Tony says "Hes really not an impartial party, he really doesn't speak highly of Jenn" and she rolls her eyes and goes "Oh get the **** over yourself, he doesn't even know you and doesn't think about you so just get the **** over it."

My eyes are all at this point because this girl seems to have a few marbles loose. Tony had to go in to DJ, and so then she says I should add her on facebook and hang out with our old friend together. This girl is so up and down I have no idea what to expect from her. Before we leave I try to tell her "Hun, you must be thinking of someone else, I've never done that to anyone at my house, you have never been to my house, especially back then when Lily was a baby. I brought no one around her." She rolls her eyes again and starts talking about me being a little ***** to her. I really had no words to respond because she's clearly got some screws loose. Then she starts going on a rant about a friend that committed suicide earlier in the year and tells me to watch out for this guy because it wasn't a suicide and he had something to do with the death.

Really, really, really odd. No idea what in the heck she was talking about. She knew me, she remembered our mutual friends, where we met, she remembered old friends I lost touch with, yet that was about all she remembered. Her "details" about me were so off the wall, but she had it in her mind I was wrong, nothing could convince her otherwise.

So tonight my friend and I were talking about running into people every so often that know us, yet we haven't the faintest idea who they are. Talked to some other friends that have had weird encounters happen to them, but I always seem to run into the more crazy people, lol.

Years ago when a gay club here was open I had one girl come up to me and say she had been searching for me for ages and can't believe she found me. She said that the sex was amazing and we should do it again, and my mouth drops open and I had to tell her that I had no idea who she was, I was straight, and only 16. I was very confused... lol. She then was convinced I was lying to her because I didn't like her. She was asking all my friends why I didn't like her, and they couldn't convince her that she was thinking of the wrong person. I got very creeped out by it because she was 20 something and I was just a teenager in high school, but she eventually gave up.

So do I just attract the crazies, or does anyone have any odd stories like that?
August 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I HATE when that happens. I graduated with a lot of kids too and still live near the town so it happens a lot. The other day during a meeting i kept staring at a new teacher and she would stare back at me. I was thinking "Crap, I know her from somewhere! Either she knows me from somewhere too or I'm weirding her out." It turns out she is the sister of an exbf's friend...no wonder.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search