I bawled my eyes out watching this. How sweet.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YouTube - 2 agosto 2010 19.49

The little girl towards the beginning really got me. DH cried a little too.

August 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw this a few days ago. I couldn't finish it, I was bawling like a baby. The looks on those kiddos faces was priceless So sad though!

The little one that said "Hi Daddy, I missed you!" Oh yeah, lost it then!
August 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's when I lost it too. It reminded me SO much of Chloe and that's why it hit me hard.

August 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
I can't watch it again (Orders for the next deployment could drop as soon as next month & Im already totally bummed about it ), but I know what you are talking about!
August 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! My friend posted it on FB. I think you are talking about the little blonde girl who was on Santa's lap? That is when I lost it too. And my DH is here. It really helps us that are not part of a military family somewhat understand all the sacrifices you make. I know it is nothing compared to what you really do, but it makes it a bit more real.

August 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Linzie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Linzie Send a message via Skype™ to Linzie
awww, i love watching videos like this. makes me so happy and I cry too

August 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Oh god...now I'm balling. Seriously balling.

Hi Daddy I missed you. Now I'm really balling.
August 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't even make it through - I can't even imagine if my husband had to be away from our boys. I hope that all those soldiers come home quickly, safely and healthy.

August 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Mom of 2 boys!
Wow..I cried throughtout this whole video too..

but I agree, I was fine, until that little girl on Santa's lap said "Daddy, I missed you" I LOST it!

I couldn't imagine what they all go through, I am going now to give my husband and son a huge hug and kiss, they will probably ask why I was crying..lol

August 15th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Yeah, it's sad... but these coming back from overseas reunions have been going on forever and it's sad that they only get recognition now because of the war. Yes, I am bitter--- but it's true.
August 15th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyaztavsan View Post
Yeah, it's sad... but these coming back from overseas reunions have been going on forever and it's sad that they only get recognition now because of the war. Yes, I am bitter--- but it's true.
I'm not being ****** at all, just curious - why are you bitter?
August 15th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dayna~ View Post
I'm not being ****** at all, just curious - why are you bitter?
Because my father was in the military for almost 30 years and not once did I ever hear anyone say thank you to him for everything he did (not that they should have to be thanked for doing a job they chose to do... but, ya know). Not once did people give two sh its that I wouldn't see him for a year or two at a time. But now all of a sudden because there is a war... it's special. It's ALWAYS been a special sacrifice. One that I would never take because I could never leave my family for months and years at a time, but nonetheless, a sacrifice for them. I had teachers not care if I missed a quiz or test because I was meeting my dad at the airport after not seeing him for over a year. Now, I bet, it would be considered a good excuse to make up a quiz or test.

What I am getting at is the military has been around for years and years and years and it only get special recognition when there is a war.
August 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Ahh I understand that. That's sad and I'm sorry you were treated that way. People should absolutely tell your father thanks. I can't imagine having to go through that. I can see why you're bitter.
August 17th, 2010, 04:11 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Because my father was in the military for almost 30 years and not once did I ever hear anyone say thank you to him for everything he did (not that they should have to be thanked for doing a job they chose to do... but, ya know). Not once did people give two sh its that I wouldn't see him for a year or two at a time. But now all of a sudden because there is a war... it's special. It's ALWAYS been a special sacrifice. One that I would never take because I could never leave my family for months and years at a time, but nonetheless, a sacrifice for them. I had teachers not care if I missed a quiz or test because I was meeting my dad at the airport after not seeing him for over a year. Now, I bet, it would be considered a good excuse to make up a quiz or test.

What I am getting at is the military has been around for years and years and years and it only get special recognition when there is a war.
My DH feels the same way. His dad was in the military for a long time too. Even after he came home he often worked long hours. I know I don't fully understand it, but I know I couldn't do it. My ex and I broke up b/c I knew I could never be a military wife. They must have incredible strength. DH always makes a point to at least say thank you if he sees someone in uniform and often buys military men (to be honest we haven't seen a woman in uniform out) a drink or something. He actually just bought some guy his haircut at the barber the other day.

August 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:

So, we shouldn't give these guys any special recognition? My dad didnt get any special treatment when he served (didnt expect to) and came home after long stints away. He is a HUGE supporter of our troops over there. My cousin (Alex) was practically raised as our brother. We lost him in 2005. When my dad was gone (a lot) while I was a child, I knew he would come home. Alex didnt come home. I didnt know that my husband would, either. My husband has been gone much of our marriage.. however, when he was deployed.. 36 hrs without contact put my stomach in KNOTS. I would be SICK. I had no idea if I hadnt heard from him because phones/internet was down.. or because he was dead. They were bombed just about everyday. Sometimes, they were bombed a few times a day. They had ceremonies for the soldiers that had died over there each week. Sometimes, he said they would have 6 a week. Deployments to relatively safe places and deployments to war zones ARE different. Our families do sacrifice a lot ALL the time... but I do see sacrificing your LIFE a little differently. As the daughter of a former Airman who did not serve in war times and, now, an Air Force wife to a hubby who is serving in the midst of war, I agree our military should get more appreciation at ALL times. I just do not understand the bitterness.

If your dad served during Vietnam, I'd understand. They were treated AWFUL.
August 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Also wanted to add.. except at the airport when my husband landed on American soil, he hasnt gotten any huge thanks (except from my family). I can probably count on one hand the amount of times that anyone has said, "Thank you." My husband is a humble person.. those situations make him uncomfortable because he thinks it is unnecessary to thank him for doing his job, but he is appreciative of the support. When he was gone, I sure as hell didnt get any special treatment. I went out to hear a band with a friend one night and asked if there was a military discount at the door. The man smirked &asked if I was military & wanted my ID. I said, "Um YES. My husband is active duty. He is deployed right now." & showed him the ID. The guy scoffed and told me that *I* was not military, my husband my be.. but he wasnt giving any discounts to WIVES regardless of where my husband was at the time. I didnt even care about the discount.. but to suggest that I wasnt part of the military family.. that I didnt make any sacrifice?

So, yeah.. this video made me tear up. and I dont even know about all the extra "thanks" that people get, but it doesnt happen around here! It isnt even about the rest of the country anyway.. its about the FAMILIES supporting their loved ones and being thrilled to pieces when they come home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search