Proud Mommy Moment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today Lily went to testing at her school, basically they do this every year to see where kids are at and where they have grown from previous years.

Well last year we took her and her teacher was shocked that she has never been in preschool because she was very far ahead of where her peers are. I think it's a given with my English major that I take literacy seriously and while I don't push Lily to read anything harder than she can do, I do give her a challenge with reading. She checks out about 10 books a week and at least 3 of them have to be a chapter book because she just flies through the easier books within a day or two.

Well she got done with her testing early today, I go and pick her up and find out they had to get 3 books ahead of the normal level for her grade (1st) because they were too easy for her. I have no idea what these books were, when I dropped her off they had paperback packets with the test materials in it. So I really have no idea what she had to read. I am, however, proud that she is advanced in reading and glad she likes to read, because I know I can push her but I am not pushing her to read to the point that makes it not fun, ya know? She just knows I expect her to pick out books at the library, we go through and pick out the harder ones, and she needs to read before bed or throughout the day at least once a day for most days out of the week. Going a week without reading is not okay, but 2-3 days is okay by me. She mainly skips just one day though.

Anyways, I was just proud of her, and had to share

She starts school Monday though and that makes me sad
August 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
That's awesome, great job mom!!
August 20th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyaztavsan View Post
That's awesome, great job mom!!
Thank ya Miss!
August 20th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
Good job Lily! And great job to you as well. Without you, she wouldn't be as advanced as she is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search