My niece and nephew... man they disappoint me sometimes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I have posted about my niece and nephew before... they don't listen for crap. They have attempted to destroy my $50 headphones, they steal Lily's money, they lie, oh man do they lie!

But today they came over and were so good. It was uncharacteristically good. My nephew went out with my Mom and sister for a bit, and I helped my niece with her homework. I think I only my niece once to listen to me when she was getting off task with her homework, but nothing bad at all.

So they leave, I go to the bathroom and notice something is amiss in my bathroom. I have those Instead menstrual cups, and the box of them at the top of my medicine cabinet is open and the paper is sticking out. I know without a shadow of a doubt of my mind it wasnt like that. I go to close it, but then think "Hmmm, let me see if they are all here or if they were opened." In the middle of the row is one package ripped open, with the cup still inside. I have only used one out of that box, and hadn't opened any other packages inside. Lily can't reach that, and she already knows to not touch the box. So I call my sister, and talk to my niece and nephew and they swear up and down it wasn't them. My niece then says she wasn't even in that bathroom, and my stepdad saw her in there. They both are still swearing none of them touched it.

**sighs** My sister is going to talk to them tomorrow, as they were just about to go to sleep. But man... they were so good! Every single time they come they get in trouble and I understand they might be curious, I said I wasn't mad but they need to understand to not touch my stuff, and if they are curious, ask. I'd be more than happy to open one and show them if they wanted to know. But going into my stuff and doing it themselves and lying just makes me mad.

I really love my niece and nephew but its hard to be around them when every single time we go somewhere or they come here they misbehave. Kids misbehave, but this is on a consistent basis. Way more than I've ever seen any kids do, or they push the buttons of someone way more.

Blah. Just had to vent, it totally disappointed me because they were so good and I was just about to tell my sister how good they were compared to most times. Then I found that. **shakes head**
August 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To add fuel to the fire.... 90% of the snacks we bought Lily for school lunches are gone. My mom got them school stuff too, and it was in two bags. I emptied our bag into our cupboard, and once they left I went to grab the bag of funyuns my Mom picked up for me. Only to find all snacks gone but 2 gushers packets and cracker jacks. Yup, they totally put all of her snacks into their backpacks.

I don't even know how to deal with them when they are here sometimes because of how they act! And they know better... they are 9 and 11, old enough to know what right and wrong is!
August 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to tell you you were over reacting and just be thankful they were good...until I read about the snacks. Honestly I can see them being curious about the cups and who wants to ask their aunt about menstrual cups....But the stealing of the snacks is sad. And yes, you have a right to be upset. What is their home life like?

August 30th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs View Post
I was going to tell you you were over reacting and just be thankful they were good...until I read about the snacks. Honestly I can see them being curious about the cups and who wants to ask their aunt about menstrual cups....But the stealing of the snacks is sad. And yes, you have a right to be upset. What is their home life like?
I told both of them that I wasn't mad about the cups, I just wanted to know who did it... if they are curious that's fine, ask me and I'd be more than happy to show them and explain anything. But going through my stuff is just not okay. They know I have an issue with them around my stuff because of what they do. Once my nephew once ripped the earbuds off to my $50 pair of headphones, and he threw them on the ground and didn't tell anyone. He told me they "fell off" and these are nice headphones, the 50$ were them on sale and the earbuds do not fall off, I have to pull them off with a little force in order to change the size on them, so I know they didn't fall off. They have destroyed Lily's toys... more often than not it's my niece, my nephew is usually pretty good although he back talks me, a lot. I don't know who it was this time.

But yeah I'm pretty ticked about the snacks, I mean it's just food but it is stuff my Mom got for Lily's lunches and some stuff I asked her to get me. I put them in the cabinet and they took them out... even though my Mom got them snacks of their own. It's just food, but its the principle of it.

Their home life isn't bad, it's better than most. But they get away with SO MUCH that would never, ever fly in this house. I don't like their Dad, at all. He isn't a bad father but he is extremely hard on my nephew. My niece gets away with murder because they treat her differently because she has some learning disabilities. I know my sister isn't happy in her marriage but she stays because she thinks that will be best for the kids. My sister works her *** off to juggle school and working, and my brother in law doesn't do **** to help her at all. They live with my brother in laws mother and she doesnt help them out either. Most of the responsibilities falls on my sisters shoulders. It's not a bad home life, but it's not the best either. It's very sad to say, but my Mom and I picture my niece a very young mother because of how immature her mind is yet her preoccupation with boys and other inappropriate topics. My nephew is pushed so hard to be that typical jock like his Dad that I think it is going to push him away and get into trouble when he's older.

To show some of the things they have done which is why I'm so easy to be pushed over the edge with them is that they have stolen money from me, and Lily's piggy bank. One day at Kohl's my Mom was shopping with my niece and she needed to go potty. So my mom was around the corner, and let Kaitlyn go. Kaitlyn comes back and says a man was watching her in the bathroom. My Mom FLIPS and the store goes on lock down to look for this man and security was called. Turns out she lied. I don't think I've ever seen my Mom so mad, which is understandable. My sister has those gelly bras that she wears with shirts she cant use a bra with, and they always go missing because kaitlyn wants to wear them, despite being told not to touch them. She just has an immature mind but she is preoccupied with sex and makeup and skirts and boys that it just makes me fear for her future. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't forsee her being mature in situations she needs to be. My niece is also extremely mean to Lily, she makes fun of how small Lily is and once made fun of her for not having a father. It took all of my maturity to control myself because I nearly snapped. Yet Lily just loves her cousins to bits, she gets upset but she's always nice and doesnt make fun of them back, but it's hard for her when she's so nice and they are so mean to her.

So while they may be curious and be normal kids in some aspects, the fact that every single time they come over they push buttons so much it makes it hard for me to even be around them. When they destroy my property and Lily's, it makes me snap. I really wasn't mad about the menstrual cups, if they were curious so be it. They just need to ask. But the snacks was over the top for me, they can touch my stuff and it bugs me, but so be it. But messing with my childs stuff that was for her school lunches, when my Mom bought them their own snacks just pushed my buttons.

They were soooo good before that though, I was praising them for how good they were being, but right at the end I figured it would be too abnormal for at least one thing to be wrong.

Grrr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search