Surgery w/pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
For those not on my Facebook, I had my surgery Wednesday to remove the rods from my back. At least one of the bottom hooks had completely broken out. It should have been a really simple procedure, but once they got in.. they found that the bone had started to grow around the rods. SO, they had to cut that part of the bone out. According to the surgeon, he broke THREE drill bits trying to cut it all off of the rod. Because of these added complications, my recovery time has been extended a LOT. I am now on strict bed rest at least until the 17th! I have to use a walker to get around... but I cannot even stand except when necessary (to go to the restroom, change rooms, eat). I can only sit up 3 times a day for 30 minutes at a time. Initially, I was told that I would only need 2-3 days to recover without being able to care for the kids. It was later changed to 10 days.. but still would be able to drive after 7 days. Now, well.. my mom is coming to stay for a few weeks because I am really not sure WHEN I'll be able to care for the kids again.

This is my original scar from the first surgery. The incision had opened, tried to spit out the stitches, and ended up infected.. leaving a wide scar at the bottom.

Here is the hardware he removed from my back (I'm going to get another picture, soon.. a better one!):

A few hours out of surgery, actually in severe pain but feeling pretty doped up on the dimerall:

The old scar was completely removed. The new was supposed to be smaller because they were making a thin one instead.. but Im not so sure! It doesnt really look smaller, by any means! I dont think they were expecting to have to do all they did, though! The new incision (drainage tube has since been removed, yellow stuff is iodine on the covering..maybe a bit graphic for some?):
September 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For some reason I was expecting pictures of your boobs, haha. But, in any case, I'm glad you made it out of surgery okay! Hopefully you'll be back up in no time.

September 4th, 2010, 05:57 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Poor Lacey I'm sorry it was so rough. If you need anything at all, let me know.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 4th, 2010, 06:47 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
Glad to see you had a successful surgery. Hope you're up and on the go soon!

September 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you are feeling better soon. At least your tat is in tact.

September 4th, 2010, 09:50 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
On Facebook I was going to make a comment about how you should slip a bullet into that bag of hardware to make it more hardcore, but then I thought maybe that would be in bad taste.

I wish you weren't so far away so I could help out! I'm glad your mom is able to come out for a bit.

September 5th, 2010, 06:10 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I hope you recover quickly!

September 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Hope you recover quickly Lacey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search