Are you the same in real life as you are on here?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a lot more opinionated in real life, and I have a pretty sarcastic sometimes crude sense of humor. I'm intimidated on here talking about most stuff, but in real life I'm pretty passionate about a lot of things.

What about you guys? Are you more outgoing on here than in real life, or more shy?

September 10th, 2010, 08:47 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the same. Very opiniated, laid back, etc. I am a really nice and respectful person, and I'm not sure if that comes out on here though.
September 10th, 2010, 08:54 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
On here I censor myself more and I'm not sarcastic. But other than that, I'm not that different at all.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 10th, 2010, 08:57 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Exactly the same. I got into the debate about whether welfare recipients should be drug tested yesterday while I was at work.

September 10th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
Exactly the same. I got into the debate about whether welfare recipients should be drug tested yesterday while I was at work.
lol That sounds like something I would do!
September 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pretty much. I'm annoying to many of my high school friends because I'm more liberal and more vocal than I used to be. But yes, I am the same.

September 10th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Mom of 2 boys!
I am quiet and non controversial...I am very easy going and never debate in real life. So I am the opposite.

But I also noticed that most on here a more liberal than the people that I am around in real life..so that is probably why I don't get into debates

September 10th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same other than IRL I suppose I'm way more in your face about things I'm passionate about. I play nice on here because I like it here and don't want to get banned.

September 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Depends on who I'm with. Sometimes I have to censor myself in real life even more than I do here on JM (not from profanity, but just from my general personality). I'm really sarcastic and kind of b*tchy in real life.. people either like me or hate me it seems. I guess I'm the same way here, and the same thing applies, lol.
September 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm a lot more open online then in real life. Online it's easier to open yourself up when it's not another face you are looking at.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'm even cooler IRL.

I'm not the world's greatest writer so I express my feelings MUCH better when I am talking to someone face to face.

September 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the same I think.. I'd say that you'd have to know me outside of debates to really know me though. None of us are made up entirely of our debate stances. You have to read us in the context of other situations as well to even "know if we are the same here"

No I dont walk around debating every single human being on the planet. Mostly because I can't use the "quote" feature in real life, and I have no way to paste STATS.

September 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM
foxfire_ga79
I'm pretty close to the same. It will take me a little bit to get warmed up to new people (amazingly, I don't start off ALL my new-friend relationships by defending the Confederate flags lmao) but once I do get comfy in the crowd I'm in, I'm pretty funny. I'm usually the one that keeps people laughing.
September 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I'm a lot uglier and fatter in person... online I am beautiful with a sexy a ss.

On here, I have to verbally be a bi tch, but IRL... people tend to tell me my eyes and facial expressions do all the talking. I had people in high school tell me they were afraid of me because I looked mean.

I'm actually a really nice and sensitive person... don't know if that shows on here. I am sarcastic and tend to also be a class clown. And surprisingly, I am very charming and can usually get people to do whatever I want .

In all, I am pretty similar. Just slight differences.
September 10th, 2010, 12:46 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I censor myself much more on here, I have a quirky sense of humor that not a lot of people get so I try to keep that down a bit b/c it doesn't usually read well over the internetz. I think I'm sort of an introvert IRL with people I don't know well, but once I get to know you I'm pretty vocal. I like to debate though, so I typically do that IRL daily lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search