Nicknames

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was talking to a friend about our nicknames, and I thought it'd be fun to see the nicknames we are all called, and what nicknames we call our kiddos.

My biggest nickname is Weazie. When I was born I had severe asthma and the doctors and my parents immediately called me Weazie. I rarely ever am called Jennifer by my family. Let's say that if they do call me Jennifer, it's cause they are mad, lol. My niece and nephew call me Aunt Weazie. I have Weazie the penguin from toy story 2 as a tattoo. Funny thing is I went through a phase where I HATED being called Weazie, I thought it was embarrassing. It actually hurt my parents when I told them not to call me it. I got over it quick though, my friends thought it was cute and didn't make fun of me for it, so I allowed them to call me it again

I also have the nickname Meeko, which is the raccoon from Pocahontas. In 9th grade my friend called me it, and it stuck. So many of my friends still call me it, and I do plan on getting a tattoo of Meeko as well.

I used to be called Jenny but totally despised it, my 6th grade teacher called me it despite me telling her to please call me Jenn. My JROTC Sargent called me Jenny, and I just let him. Although at the end of 4 years he said "You really don't like that name, do you?" and I said I always hated it. I let my JROTC leaders call me it, more out of respect for them. Normally, I prefer people to call me Jenn.

As for Lily's nicknames, she has quite a few. As my board name suggests, we call her Froggy. From that I can call her Froggykins, Frogmonster, Froglegs, we have lots, lol. We also call her Lils, Monkey, Booger, Lilykins, Brown Eyes, Monster, Bugger, Bug, oh the list could go on. Mainly we call her Booger, Monkey, or Froggy.

So what names do you have, or do your kids have? Does your SO have any goofy ones? I call Tony, Toner. I also spell his name ToeKnee, which he points to his toe and knee when he says his name to get little kids to remember his name, and it works!
September 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
I was called "Linny" by most of my family. My dad called me "Sweet Pea" and then just shortened it down to Pea, and would twist it around so much. Peaster, The Pea, Peaness, the list goes on. My best friends call me Myth, from a story one of them wrote about our HS life and our character names just stuck. One turned into Chessy (from Francesca) and the one who wrote the story became Stella. We hardly ever use our real names when talking to each other.

I don't really have any nicknames for DH. He's just Jamie. We call Pierce Apple (as in, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree), and Abby won't allow us to call her anything other than Abby, so she doesn't have any nicknames. We call our baby boy Fat Boy, Turkey Neck, Booger Bear, Little Man, Panda, and just whatever else we make up on the spot.

September 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
My gpa used to call me "Button" when I was all cute and stuff. My dad calls me "Niece" sometimes. But technically, I tell people to call me "Denise" because it's easier and I get tired of people butchering "Deniz." So yeah, I guess I am called a nickname all the time.
September 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyaztavsan View Post
My gpa used to call me "Button" when I was all cute and stuff. My dad calls me "Niece" sometimes. But technically, I tell people to call me "Denise" because it's easier and I get tired of people butchering "Deniz." So yeah, I guess I am called a nickname all the time.
A nurse at the hospital called Lily "Button" for her nose. She didn't call her anything but that, I thought it was cute, but the name didn't stick outside of her
September 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Froggy View Post
A nurse at the hospital called Lily "Button" for her nose. She didn't call her anything but that, I thought it was cute, but the name didn't stick outside of her
Aww... lol... you should totally start calling her that!
September 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I have a friend who calls me Rodina. Otherwise it's mostly Court or Courtney. I used to hate when people called me Court, but now so many people do it's futile to get annoyed at it LOL
September 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Aww... lol... you should totally start calling her that!
Every so often some stranger will call her that, and if you look at her baby pictures you can totally tell she had a little button nose. I was going to scan some of her pictures later, I'll totally have to post this one that is so cute with her little nose

I miss her being that little, she really is getting way too big
September 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor

Last edited by KrazE; November 13th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.
September 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
I was called JJ when I was little. It was eventually shortened to J, and that's what my family still calls me.

I call Cooper "booger" and "monkey" but I cringe when people try to shorten Cooper to "Coop" or call him by his initials "CJ."

September 13th, 2010, 08:21 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My family is weird about nicknames. My grandfather was 100% French, and most of the family nicknames came from him. <3 My nickname was pamplemousse, which means... grapefruit. But it was my grandfather's nickname for me, so of course I loved it. Of course my classmates always thought he was saying "poop a moose", so that's not helpful as an elementary school student. I still think his nicknames were the greatest. My mind fails me as to what my mother and aunt's nicknames were... I'm sure I'll think of them at 3am or something.

September 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I've never had a nickname

September 13th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I've never had a nickname
Awww. I have a friend named Jill and I call her Jilly or Jillybean.
September 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Awww. I have a friend named Jill and I call her Jilly or Jillybean.
Is her name Jillian? I've never gone by a shortened version.

September 13th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Is her name Jillian? I've never gone by a shortened version.
No, it's Jill. Her mom thought Jillian would sound funny with her last name, lol.
September 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Veteran
How has noone ever called you Jillybean??

My name growing up with my brothers was Kadder. If put into a song, it was Kadder Dawn, to the tune of Delta Dawn.

We often call Owen "Oboe" or "Beau"

Joshua is Josh and Andrew is either Andrew or AJ. Never ANDY.
September 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadydid View Post
How has noone ever called you Jillybean??

it's happened, but I never liked it.

September 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
I'm calling you tittytots from now on.
September 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Oh really?

September 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM
It sounded a lot like jellybean and that isn't a great nickname for a chubby girl.

September 13th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Veteran
Quote:
It sounded a lot like jellybean and that isn't a great nickname for a chubby girl.
ahhhh lmao Well at least you're not chubby now!

Well ladies, I am off. I probably wont be debating much for the next few months. I am taking a break from debate (on a diff site too) so I can get some house things done (I am going to be restaining my cabinets) and get my fat *** back in shape. I'll still be checking up on fb, so if any of you want to say hi to me, lemme know!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search