My brother in law...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My brother in law bugs the crap out of our family sometimes. Picture your typical high school jock... only grown up (physical wise, not mental!) and that would be my brother in law. He teaches gym at a local high school, coaches baseball, softball, football, you name it. He is a ******* but overall isn't a bad guy. We just butt heads with him because we have different ideals. I say he's a good guy because he takes care of my sister and their kids.... but sometimes the things he does really, really grinds our gears.

For example, my sister works her *** off in medical school and works as a night manager at walmart. She has a 12 year old car that is on its' last leg, but my brother in law won't help her get a new car.... yet he has had 3 new cars in the course of their relationship. My sister works insane hours between school and work, but she is the one doing most of the work with their 2 kids. He goes out and gets expensive sports attire and oakley sunglasses, hats, sports memorbillia (don't even get me started on the stupid crap he gets!) yet my sister gets walmart clothes and barely has enough money to treat herself to bath and body works stuff (much less, have enough free time for her to take a bath). So you get the point... he could do a lot better with the kids and their marriage.

As for the kids, he is there for them, but he pushes my nephew SO HARD. My niece has some learning disabilities and vision and hearing problems, and she gets away with murder. Sometimes it really isn't her fault, she does have a very immature mind, but she gets away with things she shouldn't and my nephew gets his *** run into the ground. Like today.

Well we wake up with a phone call saying Jacob was being brought to the ER. Some kid took a cheap shot on him and tackled him by headbutting Jacob in the ribs. They thought he could have broken a rib or bruised his kidneys. He's almost 12, and that's not something he needs at his young age. He has already had a fractured wrist this year from sports. We sit in the ER for half the day doing tests and taking X-rays, and he doesn't have any fractures or lacerations, but he is quite bruised and it's going to get worse before it gets better, ya know? It hurts him to breathe deeply, can't move very well, generally just hurts a lot.

My nephew said he didn't want to play his next game on Saturday, because he wanted to rest. But noooo... my brother in law said he will be fine by then and needs to play. I don't know about you guys but getting banged up hard enough to bruise your entire side and part of your chest probably wouldn't feel that well after only a week, especially in a contact sport. He is insisting my nephew play. He has done this before where he won't let my nephew skip a game to stay with us for the weekend, because he insists my nephew go to every game even if he doesn't want to. He also MUST play sports, if Jacob didn't want to continue a season my BIL wouldn't let him. I just find him too harsh on the kid, and he resents his Dad sometimes for how harsh he is. Especially when his sister isn't forced to do any extracurricular activities (she cant do sports at all, but they don't force her to do any extra stuff like they do Jacob).

I just feel bad for him, he got knocked hard enough to warrant half the day in the pediatric ER and BIL is already talking about the next game. Just sucks My sister doesn't agree with him half the time either, but what my BIL says goes.

Just had to vent. I'm glad my nephew is okay, but it sucks that he can't get a break at all
September 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my nephew wasn't feeling any better and went back to the ER today... took more xrays and a CT scan, and he might have 2 or 3 broken ribs. Holy crap no wonder he was hurting! Thank GOD he went to the ER and got another scan and didn't play this weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search