Tell me about the last embarrassing thing that happened to you =)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our downstairs toiled is clogged and it's really freaking gross. DH's poop is in it and it smells. I have to call our maintenance guy to come fix it because our plunger isn't even strong enough to get the clog out. I'm really embarrassed about having to call and be like, "My husband took a massive **** in our toilet and now it won't flush..."

September 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
If you can say that particular word with a straight face when asking for help, you get major bonus points.

Lately, I was embarrassed when I was speaking to someone at my son's school who didn't speak much English. I was trying to translate for her and I fogged it up because I didn't understand who/what was being spoken about. (Not in a foreign language, but I often simplify English for those who don't speak it well; non-English speakers USUALLY flock to me because of this). So she was asking the staff member who someone was and I interrupted with the wrong answer. Boo, me.

September 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM
foxfire_ga79
A couple weeks ago my BFF babysat my terds for me so I could go take the ASSET test at the college, and on my way home I stopped by the grocery store and asked if she needed anything. I made mention that I was going to pay her for watching the brats and she said she wouldn't take the money. We bantered back and forth with me threatening to leave the money in her purse and her saying that she'd put it in my car on her way out then I said "well you'll take it if I just shove it down your pants." Then I looked to my left and some guy was staring at me with his eyes popping out of his head.
I grabbed a shopping cart as fast as I could and ran into the store giggling like a crazy person.
September 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Yesterday in church, andy was off changing a diaper and I was stuck chasing the two bigger kids around the foyer. I have two sprained ankles, and so they run faster than me. Luke went one way, Lauren went the other, and I opted to chase after Luke because he was heading for the door to the outside (which he can open). I grabbed him and turned back around, and Lauren was no where. Then, over the speakers in the foyer I hear "oh, why hello, Lauren!" She'd made her way onto the stage and was saying hi to the speaker, while I was still searching the foyer for her.
September 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
Yesterday in church, andy was off changing a diaper and I was stuck chasing the two bigger kids around the foyer. I have two sprained ankles, and so they run faster than me. Luke went one way, Lauren went the other, and I opted to chase after Luke because he was heading for the door to the outside (which he can open). I grabbed him and turned back around, and Lauren was no where. Then, over the speakers in the foyer I hear "oh, why hello, Lauren!" She'd made her way onto the stage and was saying hi to the speaker, while I was still searching the foyer for her.

Kids in church do the funniest things. Ivy has learned how to press her face against my arm or shoulder and blast out loud fart noises, and she does so in church. She'll do it before I even know she's going to. lol
September 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL. Funny stuff.

I have more embarrassing moments as a mom than I ever did before.

September 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
yesterday Luke said, very loudly, "la baby Heidi la la boob boob?!" Twice. In a row. Did I mention loudly? The people six pews over were desperately trying not to laugh, and 6 pews in front of us weren't even trying not to.
September 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
foxfire_ga79
Oh yea, being a parent opens the embarrassment opportunity doors. Once, me and a guy I was seeing took our sons to see Finding Nemo. BJ was 5 and his son was 3. They didn't sit in their seats long but entertained themselves on the hand rail. They weren't being still, but they were being quiet and nobody was actually disturbed. Until there was a quiet moment in the movie and with perfect timing, BJ cut a loud fart.
September 20th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
LOL I'm loving these!

And you made a perfect timing for this thread...
I took Tanja to a heated swimming pool on saturday with a friend and two of her kids (4 and 11)
There was quite a few people in the locker area and we were about to leave so changing from the bathing suit to normal cloths. I had gotten on my undies and pants but my upper body was nakkiiid and you just know the 11year old HAD to decide THAT was the perfect timing to open the door WIDE open when there was a bunch of guys right outside
I managed to cover my boobs somewhat real quick but I still noticed about 3 people staring right at me with wide open eyes :embarrassed:
my friend had a blast over it and kept laughing about it but mygod it was embarrasing!

Note to self : DON'T change in front of locker doors - ever again.

September 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
They probably just liked the show.
September 20th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I truly doubt that

September 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
On my way out of the parking garage after class last week, the parking garage attendant started talking to me as I was trying to get my ticket into the machine to open the gate, and I popped the clutch and stalled my car LOL I looked like a noob (I've been driving stick for like, almost 9 years). And then, my car doesn't have a regular key, it's one you push in to turn it on instead of turning it, so it took me like 5 minutes to figure out if my car was on or off after it stalled.
September 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I was trying to fix my dresser drawer and I left a *toy* out by accident... Jace found it and then took it to his grandmother to ask what it was. ((facepalm))
September 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
The other day me and DH were eating out at a Chinese buffet. I go up to the counter to pay and get the receipt slip to sign and write in a tip. Our lunch was $14.75 together, I wrote $4.25 in for the tip, and then put $15 in for the total. Dude was like, umm.......this is wrong......

*headdesk*

September 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh (Jack) asked me the other day to go to NAPPA to pick up some parts he needed for his car, he was working a 24 hour shift at the time and the place would be closed the next day.

I told him to call ahead so they would have what he needed ready, and he said he would. I headed over there and was waiting in line. The guy behind the counter got a call, then hung up the phone and proceeded to go on and on about what an a**hole this guy Jack was, how he keeps calling and is a total PITA.

I get all fired up, thinking he was talking about my DH and climbed up one side of this guy and down the other.

Turns out he was not talking about my DH Jack but about a guy from Jacks Auto body. Yeppers, I died a thousand deaths and have instituted a self imposed ban on NAPPA.

September 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
Lauren,
The kids' toilet was TERRIBLY stopped up.. like, on the verge of overflowing. I have no idea if Gracey can really stop a toilet up that well with her. .umm.. poop, or if it was the entire roll of toilet paper that she used, but it was bad! I was about to head out and find one of those snake things to try and unclog it myself, but I came across an article online telling how to use liquid dish detergent to unclog a toilet. I figured since I'd just bought a few bottles when they were on sale, I'd give it a shot. I poured about a quarter of the small bottle of detergent (for washing by hand) in the toilet and went to get ready to leave. I was supposed to get as much of the water out of the bowl as I could, but yeah.. I wasnt about to do all that. Anywho, after about 15min, I went to check & the water level had drastically went down. I grabbed the plunger and (while absolutely TERRIFIED) decided to attempt flushing. The water started rising again, so I started plunging and praying (Lord knows I didnt want to clean that shiz up, really). Suddenly, it made a loud gargling noise and all the water sucked down. It now flushes better than it has in like.. years!
September 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
a couple weeks ago my bff babysat my terds for me so i could go take the asset test at the college, and on my way home i stopped by the grocery store and asked if she needed anything. I made mention that i was going to pay her for watching the brats and she said she wouldn't take the money. We bantered back and forth with me threatening to leave the money in her purse and her saying that she'd put it in my car on her way out then i said "well you'll take it if i just shove it down your pants." then i looked to my left and some guy was staring at me with his eyes popping out of his head.
I grabbed a shopping cart as fast as i could and ran into the store giggling like a crazy person.

omg lmao

Yesterday at the gym I was not fully paying attention to where I was going and walked into a machine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search