Vacuums?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind do you use in your house? I need a new one, mine is a POS and has no suction anymore. I'm dying here with all this cat hair, it's driving me nuts. Any recommendations?

October 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two. I keep my old Dyson upstairs. Its a cheap one from Walmart(around $100) and I don't know the model or product number. Bought it about three years ago when our last one died. Its an upright, bagless, with a hepa filter.

Downstairs is the Kenmoore Progressive cannister that mil gave us a few months ago. We have to buy bags for this one and it also has a hepa filter. My favorite feature on this one is the push button for the automatic cord retractor Have no idea what this one costs new.

We like both.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Tammyjh; October 14th, 2010 at 04:17 AM.
October 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
We recently sprung for a Dyson Ball (Animal) and the ONLY thing not perfect about it is no cord retraction. The thing is a beast (at cleaning) and highly recommended.

October 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiex2 View Post
We have a Dyson as well. We bought it with some of the money we received for our wedding. My husband wouldn't allow me to vacuum with it for the first two weeks because he loved it so much...haha! Ours is this older verson of this model:

Dyson DC33 multi floor Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson.com
That's my dream vacuum! haha. I love new cleaning products. That's how I knew I was getting old...

October 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I have this. I've used all kinds of vacuums and this is light, has amazing HEPA filtration, and it sucks like crazy. lol. I am so over upright vacuum cleaners.

Vacuum Cleaners - Oxygen Canister Vacuum Cleaner for A Breath of Fresh Air - Electrolux

October 13th, 2010, 07:29 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiex2 View Post
We have a Dyson as well. We bought it with some of the money we received for our wedding. My husband wouldn't allow me to vacuum with it for the first two weeks because he loved it so much...haha! Ours is this older verson of this model:

Dyson DC33 multi floor Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson.com
I have this one too, I love it.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a dyson animal. I think it works pretty well. We have two dogs and it seems to suck up their hair. I have to empty it a lot anyways and it's pretty gross to think all that used to be in my carpet.
October 14th, 2010, 04:09 AM
TheMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We thought our cheapie (some sort of Bissle) was going to kick the bucket too. BIL opened it up and took a wire hanger to it. There was SO much dog hair it and now it works like new!

October 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
We have the Dyson animal one. I have no complaints.
October 14th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The one I have right now is a cheapie one. The Dyson animal one looks awesome, I may have to splurge on it. The cheap ones just don't last very long and it's annoying having to replace them every 6 months (I have bad luck =()

October 14th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
If one of the Dysons (or anything, really ) is being sold at Costco and a Costco is near you, get it there. They have (unless it's been changed) a really kick-butt return policy if things break.. we had to do this with a crap vacuum once and they passed us a new one.

October 15th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I like Shark products... the steamer is awesome, too! Target sells the vacuum, but here is a link

The cord is really long, which is nice.

Euro-Pro NV22L Navigator Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
October 15th, 2010, 05:37 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I have a Dyson (got it on sale for half price at Harvey Norman such a score!)
Dyson DC29 | Dyson.com.au
I LOVE it, best vacuum I've ever owned for sure.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
October 15th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
I vote Dyson too - either DC33 (non-animal, non-ball, but the thing is frickin' amazing) or DC28 (animal, ball, a bit less power than the DC33 and with a shorter cord). The bagless canister vacs aren't bad, either - especially if you want/need just one vac for a multi-level house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search