Debater of the Week: BlondieLox

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
It's your week!

Pepsi or Coke?

Ready for your wedding yet?

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
October 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
If you could take a vacation anywhere, and money was no object, where would you go? What would you do?

October 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Do you ever debate naked?

What color looks best on you?
October 25th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What first attracted you to your fiance?
Have you ever dyed your hair crazy colors?
How did you pick your kids names?

October 25th, 2010, 06:23 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty View Post
It's your week!

Pepsi or Coke?

Ready for your wedding yet?
YAY! Coke, but I prefer it in Diet form if I'm going to drink it

I'm almost ready for my wedding, just a couple loose strings that need to be finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie View Post
If you could take a vacation anywhere, and money was no object, where would you go? What would you do?
Rome, hands down. I'm really into art history so I'd spend the majority of the time looking at the art/sculptures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyaztavsan View Post
Do you ever debate naked?

What color looks best on you?
You know I have debated naked, usually in a towel though, after a shower.

I think blue looks best on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMommy View Post
What first attracted you to your fiance?
Have you ever dyed your hair crazy colors?
How did you pick your kids names?
My fiance's height attracted me first, he's really tall 6'5'' and I'm 5'9'' so it was hard to find a nice tall boy.

Nope, I've never dyed my hair in my life. LOL, I'm chicken. I've highlighted though, and the craziest I've done is reddish. I'm boring.

My daughter's name came to me while I was 8months pregnant in the bathtub reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I had been struggling with a name for her and it just suddenly popped in my head. My son's name was literally the only name that DF and I agreed on, and it came from a baby name book.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I has moar kwestins.

What debate topic really ruffles your feathers?
What do you think think Phoenix and Lincoln will be when they grow up?
What is your dream job?
If there was something about yourself that you could change, what would it be?

October 25th, 2010, 06:46 PM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
What's your favorite activity to do with the kids?
When's the last time you and your fiance had a date night?
If you could choose occupations for your kids, what would they be?

October 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Favorite lamebook status. If you don't have one, find one. We require research for this lofty position of DOTW.
October 26th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who is your girl crush (celeb)?
If you could be any character in a book or movie, who would you be?
If you had to be an animal for a day, which animal would you pick?

October 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
I has moar kwestins.

What debate topic really ruffles your feathers? Breastfeeding usually
What do you think think Phoenix and Lincoln will be when they grow up? I think probably a janitor for Lincoln, he's always cleaning, LOL! Phoenix will be a lawyer, she's always arguing.
What is your dream job? I always wanted to be a Vet
If there was something about yourself that you could change, what would it be?
I can be very loud in person, its not intentional, I'm either half deaf or just get too excited about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
What's your favorite activity to do with the kids? I love taking them to my parent's cottage on the lake. I love that they can go boating, swimming and play outdoors. In the winter they can go skating and snowmobiling, they love it there.
When's the last time you and your fiance had a date night? Last Friday night, we went to the movies and saw Jackass 3D...EW
If you could choose occupations for your kids, what would they be? I think anything that would make them successful financially, so doctor, lawyer, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasscandie View Post
Favorite lamebook status. If you don't have one, find one. We require research for this lofty position of DOTW. I think this one was pretty funny. Lamebook – Funny Facebook Statuses, Fails, LOLs and More – The Original » The Write Stuff
Quote:
Who is your girl crush (celeb)? I love Reese Witherspoon, so classy and gorgeous.
If you could be any character in a book or movie, who would you be? I'd be Bella, because Edward and Jacob rock
If you had to be an animal for a day, which animal would you pick? Probably a horse, they seem to have pretty decent lives.

October 26th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
Rome, hands down. I'm really into art history so I'd spend the majority of the time looking at the art/sculptures.
Hey! I love art history! What's your favorite period? I think my favorite is Early/Middle Renaissance art. I'm big into Hieronymus Bosch. Especially his triptychs. I'm also fond of Caravaggio. The detail in his work is amazing. My favorite portraitist hands down is Hans Holbein the Younger. I feel like the people he painted are right in front of me.

But my favorite painting of all time is This painting of Velasquez painting the royal family. The way he plays with perspective here is awesome. Look at the King and Queen reflected in the mirror in the back, the man in the doorway, the whole thing is just an experiment in perspective. Awesome. The Wiki outlines everything that's going on in the picture nicely.

I wasn't a fan of more modern art until recently, when Picasso's Guernica started to convince me. Now, I'm looking at abstract art with a more appreciative eye.

I also love Toulouse-Lautrec. I want some of his prints for my house. Look at how he plays with color.

Anyway, so who are your favorite artists? What's your favorite art period/movement?

October 27th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I have MANY favourite artists and I have a few favourite periods. I LOVE the Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionism and Expressionism periods. I know they're pretty different but each period really does talk to me.

During the renaissance, Michaelangelo Caravaggio was amazing, but my favourite will always be Da Vinci. Da Vinci to me is a genius, the anatomy he portrayed was well beyond his time. My favourite work of his was Virgin of the Rocks. I was also a huge fan of Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, there are just so many of his that I find breathtaking. Pieta sculpture just shows so much emotion, and looks REAL and I would LOVE to see the Sistine Chapel. There are just so many pieces during the renaissance that were amazing.

I'd say Impressionism is my next favourite. Renoir, Monet, Manet, Morisot, Degas there are just so many. I love the way they use light in their work, the realism and their small brush strokes. Monet and Renoir are my favourites, I have prints of their works in my home.

I LOVE art. I'd KILL to go to Europe JUST for the art. I'm not as much a fan of modern art but I can appreciate it which is why most of North America doesn't do it for me.

October 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
I have MANY favourite artists and I have a few favourite periods. I LOVE the Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionism and Expressionism periods. I know they're pretty different but each period really does talk to me.

During the renaissance, Michaelangelo Caravaggio was amazing, but my favourite will always be Da Vinci. Da Vinci to me is a genius, the anatomy he portrayed was well beyond his time. My favourite work of his was Virgin of the Rocks. I was also a huge fan of Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, there are just so many of his that I find breathtaking. Pieta sculpture just shows so much emotion, and looks REAL and I would LOVE to see the Sistine Chapel. There are just so many pieces during the renaissance that were amazing.
Michelangelo (I'm not super cool, so I'm just going to stick with his common name) is a fascination of mine too. Mainly because his proportions are always completely off, yet we never notice and it's still so realistic. I read somewhere that Mary's left arm in the Pieta is way too short and if she were to stand up her legs would take up 3/4 of her body, which of course is all wrong. And then there's the question of David's penis. But I think they answered that. They got pictures of David's face from a perspective we never see because he's so tall. It surprised me because from the perspective we normally get he looks pretty peaceful. At ease with the fact that he's about to battle a giant with a slingshot. So I figured Michelangelo just thought David was that badass. Then I saw the new pics of David's face, and he looks terrified. Amazing how our impression of an expression can change depending on how we're looking at it, just like in real life.

Considering all the religious art Michelangelo did, wasn't he a homosexual atheist with a contentious relationship with the Pope in his real life? Isn't that weird? I'm thinking of the right artist, right? I'm going to have to read his Wiki again.

October 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Example.

Peaceful. Maybe slightly pensive.

Slightly stressed, but confident in this slingshot's ability to kill some giant ***. Ready for action.

HOLY ******* ****! I'm about to fight a ******* GIANT with NOTHING BUT A SLINGSHOT! What in the mother**** is wrong with me??!???!??

October 28th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
What is your dream job?
Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink? Dessert? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

October 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sweet or Salty snacks?

Can you drive a manual?

October 29th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Those were great, I've actually never noticed that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzie View Post
What is your dream job?
Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink? Dessert? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?
Favourite drink: Ice Tea but we only have sweet tea here in Canada, none of that unsweetened stuff please.
Dessert: Cheese cake of any kind
Breakfast: Waffles with fruit and chocolate sauce yumm
Lunch: I love pitas stuffed with healthy stuff
Dinner: Steak with mashed potatoes YUMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho06 View Post
Sweet or Salty snacks?

Can you drive a manual?
Salty usually, but sometimes my sweet tooth takes over

I can drive a manual, I learned to drive on one, and up until 1.5 ago it was all I ever owned/drove.

November 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
foxfire_ga79
Can I be in your wedding?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search