Educational/Employment Backgrounds

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
What is everyone's backgrounds in these areas? Seems we have a group with quite diverse backgrounds, and since I work in vocational rehabilitation, I was curious about everyone's vocational/education background.

I have a degree in psychology, as well as an after degree Diploma in guidance and am a registered rehabilitation professional. For the last 12 years, I have worked for a private psychologist, conducting forensic assessments for the courts relative to personal injury.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

Last edited by Tersh; November 17th, 2010 at 11:03 AM.
November 17th, 2010, 11:02 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a degree in civil & structural engineering, and hold a professional licence in it (which requires more than a degree). I've worked for a small structural engineering firm, provincial government, and the municipal government where I currently work. Because of the area I work in I also hold an operator's licence from the Ministry of the Environment for the type of infrastructure I help run.

November 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I have a certificate in Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy and am currently in school towards my RN.
November 17th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm switching from a Psych major to an Education major.

November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a degree in Graphic Design. My work history is pretty much working with developmentally disabled adults (children on rare occasion). I started working in an institutional setting on a locked behavioral unit. I then went into group some setting opening them and managing a few along with new intakes and stuff.

I'm looking into going back to school for my RN. My MIL offered to cover the school expenses for me and I think I'm going to take her up on it. I really liked working in the field I did, but god forbid anything were to ever happen to my DH I could never support my family on what I would make doing that even at the level of management I was at when I left the field.

November 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I have my Bachelor of Social Work Degree and am a Licensed Social Worker (so, BSW/LSW). I am also a certified health officer for our county, and therefore can do involuntary hospitalizations (ie. pink slips), and other psychiatric and behavioral hospital placements for the kids and adults in our area. I am taking time off from that right now, as I got a new job in July. I'm planning to go back to it, and when I do that I will be on call for my county from 5pm-8am on the days I am scheduled.

November 17th, 2010, 02:15 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
BAs in Technical Journalism and Criminology. NAED-certified Emergency Medical Dispatcher and NCMEC-certified emergency responder.

November 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
BA in Sociology and Theology and I have my Juris Doctorate.
I have been practicing law for 5 and 1/2 years with three of those years being just part-time. I am days away from retiring, for now anyway, when this baby #3 arrives! I am 39 weeks and 3 days - feel free to come anyday baby!!
November 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
BA Psychology, graduate work in web development, work history is mostly cuss-tomer service.

November 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Went to University for Theatre Design for 2 years and switched to a certificate in Audio Engineering.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

November 18th, 2010, 07:56 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
AAS in Paralegal Studies and I'm currently working as a legal assistant. Starting in Jan I will be going back for my BA in Political Science. I hope to attend law school after that.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a degree in Veterinary Technology, which is what I went for originally. But towards the end I realised that I do love animals, but I didn't want to work with sick animals. So I continued my education and during the time I got a degree in psychology and I have a Masters in Science.

I currently work from home for a counseling center. I also have my own birth business. I do childbirth education, breastfeeding counseling, placental encapsulation, teen education (pregnant teens), and I also make pregnancy and breastfeeding teas, lotions and salves. In the near future I'll be doing prenatal care and gynecology when I get my office set up. I do all of this at home, and when I branch out to gynecology care that will be from home too.

I am certified in childbirth education, breastfeeding education and teen education. I am a former certified Doula, but with 2 kids, 1 that is BFing I don't do that work currently but will again in the future.
November 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BA in English Literature and Theology and currently work for a college and coordinate all of their marketing/communications and advancement (fund-raising & special events).
November 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Bachelor of Science in psych/bio, currently in a MA program studying gov't/global security studies, should graduate at some point in 2012.

Previously I worked at a behavioral biology research lab. studying drugs of abuse (mainly Ecstasy), and currently I'm being considered for a communications editor position at NIH. I'm reeeeeally hoping I get the job b/c it sounds fantastic and right up my ally.
November 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I have a BSc in Psychology (Neurobiology) and a BScN. I work as an RN in neurosurgery and trauma unit but am thinking about switching gears and getting into Public Health and possibly obtaining my IBCLC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search