Seriously

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
More snow..... I'm already deep into the throws of cabin fever, pretty soon I'm going to morph into Jack Nicholson from the Shining.

February 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! I live in Maine so snow is expected but its been years since we've had this much snow and last year we didn't see much at all so we're a bit spoiled. I feel like I'm back in the 1970's!

How much are you supposed to get? We could see anywhere from 10 to 20 inches. Last storm, I was stuck at work for 36hrs. and as I'm in tonight and it will start snowing before dawn, it seems I'm stuck there again for another 36 to 48 Dh will be doing the sahd thing tomorrow, shoveling, plowing, shoveling, plowing. Fun stuff!

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
February 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM
foxfire_ga79
Red rum! Red rum!!
February 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Ok I'll retract my b***ing LOL we're not as bad here. I remember camping up in Limestone, ME one August years ago... it was in the 40's at night there. This years snow is more like what I remember when I was a kid in the late 70's early 80's on the coast of MA.

The last time I looked it was up to 10 inches this storm. We had as much snow in our first storm as we typically get all season here.

February 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
Yay! I'm not stuck at work this time. Swapped shifts around so it became someone elses turn this storm.

The Shining....yes, luckily, I'm not a writer with writer's block or the caretaker of a haunted hotel. But I am housebound with the kids

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
February 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
We definitely didn't get as much as the news folks (and even NOAA) were shouting about. We got snow, but it was just kind of a regular Maine storm. Some of the midwest states got WAY more than we did.
February 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah...I checked the totals and it was somewhere around 11 inches and that might have been counting the 3 or 4 inches from the day before. I can honestly say that I'm ok with that. Definitely didn't want 16 to 20.

February 3rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
We some what lucked out here too. It was mostly ice/freezing rain. Had about an inch or so of ice on everything.

February 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
We got nada. It was 72-75 degrees here while people were fighting blizzards 4 states North. I wouldn't mind if it snowed here a bit though... I just saw snow for the first time EVER a month ago and I had a ton of fun playing it it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search