Flipping Heck, just a rant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
I have %&*#*#% Pink Eye! As freaking if, I haven't had it for like 20 years since I was little. Woke up and thought I was blind lol. Sucks bum, I can't work cuz my work wants me out of here, it's highly contagious.

Doc couldn't even tell me WHY this would happen. I don't remember how I got it when I was little.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
March 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks. I got it back 2005 before I was married with child. Who knows where I had picked it up. I had worked with some ladies the night before at a parttime job and called each of them to let them know cause they all had kids.
March 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Pink eye is essentially getting fecal matter in your eye, from what I've read/heard. I HATE it. My kids and DH have had it. I haven't had it in years. It SUCKS. I hope it gets better for you quickly.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
March 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Blondie, that's true, but it's not the only way. Apparently it can be bacterial, viral, chemical or even an allergic reaction. My doc told me people get it sometimes after a respiratory infection, cold sore throat/etc. and I just got over bronchitis and a sinus infection.

Uh, it seems better now, thanks ladies, it's just really itchy now.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
March 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM
foxfire_ga79
Yep, I got 2 pink eyes at the same time the first time I was working at the daycare center. I had a sinus infection and was trying to wait it out before running for the antibiotics, and I was so clogged up my eyes got the mess too. So then I ended up with antibiotics for sinusitis AND gooey antibiotics to put into my eyes. And I was pregnant. lmao Ah, fun times.
Moral of the story is, just get the dang antibiotics when ya need them.

Glad you're feeling better though. Pink eye is torture.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search