How In The World Could This Have Happened To Me!?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2011, 09:29 PM
foxfire_ga79
13 years ago to this day (as of 5:37AM this day) I held a 9lbs baby boy in my arms. I stared in awe at fingernails I didn't know would need to be cut the same day he was born, his giant feet lmao, those blue eyes that took my breath away, and the chubby little cheeks that would make a chipmunk jealous. I held that little 9 pounder and thought "OMG how in the hell did I manage to WALK again after passing something that size!?" (In this hospital, as soon as your stitches are in they make you get up and walk. Not far, just from the labor room to your recovery room. But still, no lying around getting stiff. You walk to your room and take a shower as hot as you can stand it before you settle in for rest.)

And yea, I know I look like WonderNerd with those glasses but cut me some slack, it was '98!

But NOW, I'm the mother of a TEENAGER!! A FREAKING TEENAGER!!!!!! How did this happen? When did my little sugar-puck turn into a 5'10" 170lbs lug with such a grown up personality and very sharp wit? I'm not old enough to be the mother of a teenager. I never wanted my baby to grow up. 2 more years until a learner's permit, 1 more year after that until a driver's license. 5 more years until he's an adult. FIVE, that's all I've got left before my "little guy" is a grown man who will vote (or else!) and make ALL of his own decisions.
How did all these years slip by so fast?
These pictures were taken late evening on 4-13. 1 day early shouldn't matter too much in the scheme of things as far as pictures go.

I just still can't believe it. He's a teenager. My little guy. Still fits on my lap though. There's always room on Mommy's lap. If he reaches his father's stature of 6'4", there will STILL be room on Mommy's lap. lol

April 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Happy Birthday!! And good luck to you lol! He is so tall already!

BTW I love your glasses hehe. I think you look adorable.
April 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe congrats! He seems like he's super tall!
April 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
foxfire_ga79
April 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww....Happy Birthday to your son!

Its amazing how fast they grow isn't it? My first baby will be 18 in July

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
April 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Noooo this will never happen to me! EVER

April 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
Awwww....Happy Birthday to your son!

Its amazing how fast they grow isn't it? My first baby will be 18 in July
Oh my goodness. 18! You always think it's so far off and then poof, they turn that magical age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
Noooo this will never happen to me! EVER
That picture is so remarkably stunning!!! Wow, great photographer, excellent subject!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search