NIP Letter Writing Opportunity

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 06:10 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I don't post here much anymore, but wanted to cross post this.

A momma in my PR was NIP at Wild Adventures Theme Park in Georgia, where she was told it's indecent exposure, and she was bullied into nursing is less ideal conditions. The staff was rude, to boot. Here's her original post, and the follow up post.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...indecency.html

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post23737791

And here's the contact information for Wild Adventures! Strongly worded complaint e-mails and letters are highly encouraged.

Guest Relations
Wild Adventures Water & Theme Park
3766 Old Clyattville Road
Valdosta, GA 31601

Contact Us | Wild Adventures Water & Theme Park
April 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Done Kes.
Here's what I wrote:
I am writing to complain about the incident on 4/24/2011 where a mother attempting to nurse her child was told she was being indecent and directed to nurse her child in a public restroom. This is unacceptable and I hope that all employees of your park are made aware of this. Because of this incident, I will visit your Wild Adventure park in the future.

Sincerely,
Sarah ***
April 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
foxfire_ga79
Screw writing a letter, tomorrow I'll call and speak to someone. NIP is protected here in Georgia.
April 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
foxfire_ga79
I just called them. There's going to be a staff meeting regarding this. The manager I spoke to, Jenny Boyer, tried to defend asking women to cover up and be discreet and I explained to her that since it's a protected act they're not even allowed to do that. I guess she thought she was going to stump me when she asked why do women need to expose the breast that the infant is not nursing on while it's nursing on the other one. I explained that most of the time that doesn't need to happen but if the mother or baby has thrush, the nipple needs to be allowed to air dry and not be wiped off or come in contact with clothing until dry. She acknowledged that as a legitimate reason.
She said that what happened isn't what normally happens and that mother was not expected to go nurse in the changing room, the employee was in the wrong.
I would continue writing letters or making phone calls just to make sure they get the point. Kes gave the email link, and the direct phone number is 229-219-7080 option 5.
Let them know in your correspondence what the Georgia statute includes.

Quote:
Ga. Code § 31-1-9 (1999) states that the breastfeeding of a baby is an important and basic act of nurture which should be encouraged in the interests of maternal and child health and allows a mother to breastfeed her baby in any location where the mother and baby are otherwise authorized to be. (1999 SB 29, Act 304; 2002 SB 221)
Breastfeeding State Laws
April 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
I noticed your absence here and am glad to see you poke your head in! What crap about the backwardsians. I highly fantasize about spamming the organization with one of the eating-on-the-toilet videos.

April 29th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I can't easily mail a letter from China, but I will definitely be sending nasty, condemnatory thoughts their way.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search