Baby Name Fun...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Do you have any names picked out for your future children? Is there any certain meaning behind them?

I am a baby name FANATIC so I love to see what other people pick out.

December 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Here's the link to my list.

No real special meaning behind the first names, they're just ones we like.. The girls middle name, Yvonne, was my great grandmothers name, she passed away last December, we were extremely close and I miss her very much. The boys middle names are my FIL (Edward) and stepFIL's (James) middle names (their first names I wouldn't use.. they're Donald and Billy).

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

December 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
For a boy it would be Harry David or Joseph David. For a girl we really want Lily-Mae but Dh's cousin just had a little girl and called her Lilly. We will probably still use it as she lives in New Zealand. Other than Lily-Mae we like Olivia-Mae.

Im a teacher and its so hard to find names that dont remind me of children that I know.
December 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have some names that I like, but we haven't discussed names. We've talked about discussing it, but both of us agree that we want to wait until we have a BFP before thinking about it...We also have to agree what last name(s) our children will have since I kept my last name and like it much better than DHs. I wouldn't push using only mine, but have thought about using both as they are very short, each only one syllable.

Personally, I don't like using family names. Part of it is because I don't like most of the names in my family enough to use for a child and part of it is because I want a child to have his/her own identity and name. I do like the idea of naming a child using the same first letter of someone's name. My paternal grandma and grandpa both had the initials ABL. I think it'd be nice to use that if possible.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 12th, 2008, 02:00 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The link to my baby names are in my siggy (VOTE!).

The only ones that have meaning are the following:

Sadie-- was my maternal great grandmother's name that I never had the chance to meet.
Mae-- was my maternal grandmother's middle name, and it would honor her and my Mom. She died when my Mom was 17 or 18, so I never got to meet her.
Jaycee/Jace-- the initials J.C. run down through my hubby's family since his great grandfather. I thought it might be a nice way to keep it in the family without actually having to pick a J. and a C. I've always like Jaycee, even though it's a lot like my name!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Well, I just found out that a name I loved since HS a friend from HS is using (and theoretically that would be our next boys name), so I am not sure if I want to use it at all or not - even though she lives in NY and I am in Texas.

Here is our Baby Names List - vote if you want

Our boys names are:
Jonathan Michael (no family meaning - just names I love)
Ethan Gabriel (Ethan has no meaning - Gabriel is the male version of my MIL's name)
we have some others - but DH isn't sold on them

Our girls names are (and have more meaning):
Katherine Elizabeth (Katherine is a name I have always loved and have since found out that it is DH's great grandmother from Italy's name - Elizabeth is my grandmother's name)
Gabrielle (or Gabriele if we using the German spelling) Adelaide (Gabriele is my MIL's name - she was born in Germany and Adelaide is my best friend from HS that I still keep in contact with, though she doesn't use the e on the end of her spelling - the e is the German spelling).
No real other contenders.....our third on our list (link above isn't likely)

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 12th, 2008, 08:36 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a list of names that we like. They are all pretty much family names, and I'm sure you'll notice that most of them are Italian! LOL
The girls name we are set on... we'll name our first daughter Mia Josephine after my Grandmother. Boys names we are still totally up in the air about! Here's My Baby Name List Please feel free to vote!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

December 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also a baby name fanatic

Our first boy will be Hunter Samuel.... Hunter because DH is an AVID hunter and his name is Samuel...I actually wanted hunter for a girl but he lovess it for "his little man"
Second boy would be either Alexander George or Conner Alan......conner & alexander we just love....george is my uncle's name that took me in after my mom passed away and has become my hero....alan is FIL

the next boy name on the list would be Kyler Daniel.....just love kyler....daniel is my favorite BIL

Our first girl will be Emersyn Ann...or Lexi Ann...not sure which I like better.....I just like emersyn & lexi (if we by chance had twin girls it would without a doubt be Emersyn Ann & Maddisyn Sue).... Ann is my mom's middle name and she passed away when I was 17....I miss her more than you can imagine. Ann is also my best friend's middle name - and she will be the godmother of my first born and my first daughter if my first born happens to be a boy Sue is my godmother's middle name and she passed away when I was 14....she was one of the most amazing people I have ever known.

If we had more than 2-3 girls our next name is Brylie Jo...I love Rylee for a girl..and DH's fave name is Bailey (which is now his bird dog's name)...so I kind of like the mix of the two....Jo is MIL

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 12th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have several names picked out - but DH and I haven't actually had the name conversation yet. I have some time to convince him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search