Jackie

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2009, 06:07 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
any luck with Oing? what going on? update us hun!!!

November 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Stalking!

November 2nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks.

I absolutely HATE my body!!!!!!!!!! This is the latest I'll be O'ing in almost a year!?! My O pains have been intense, although not so much today. My OPK is still negative, although the second line is definitely showing now... just not extremely dark. I am guessing, with pretty high certainty, that tomorrow I'll get my positive OPK and we'll schedule the IUI for Wednesday.

I'm so scared that my surge will start tonight and I'll end up O'ing sometime tomorrow and then the IUI will be too late.

Lee Ann- if you are lurking- can I ask when you think you O'd before your IUI? I know you had gotten O confirmed and your eggies were gone the day of your IUI, but do you have any idea how much time passed between? Just curious!

Thanks for thinking of me-- I'm going crazy!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 2nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post

Lee Ann- if you are lurking- can I ask when you think you O'd before your IUI? I know you had gotten O confirmed and your eggies were gone the day of your IUI, but do you have any idea how much time passed between?
The second IUI....we guess-timated that I ovulated somewhere between 6-12 hours before the IUI. Normally, I get about 2 positive opk's but that cycle I only got 1 (using the digital). That was the cycle that I used the FRER and the digital and the digital turned negative and was correct and the FRER came up positive and was wrong. Personally, I think I probably ovulated sometime that morning...and the IUI was probaby done @ 6 hours past ovulation or less. Even though the FRER was wrong, I can't help but think maybe it was just more sensitive and picked up the tail end of the surge right before I ovulated and maybe I ovulated right before I took those opk's (if that makes sense, IDK just a thought thought).

The first IUI, looking back I think was done too late....probably right at about 20-24 hours past ovulation. I went in at 8am on CD15 (that was my second + opk) and I still hadn't ovulated, so they told me they wouldn't do the IUI and for me to come back on CD16 for it. They thought I'd ovulate that afternoon on CD15. Came in CD16 at 8am and showed I ovulated but by the time I went home and got the specimen, held it for an hour, they spun it, etc....my IUI wasn't done until 12pm. So if I had ovulated anytime before 12pm on CD15 it would have been over 24hours from when the IUI was performed.

I know once they spin the sample, it takes the coating off so the spermies are only viable for about 48 hours, but since you're not being monitored....I think if you go in the day after your first positive opk (which is standard) your bases will be covered.

But I do know exactly what you mean about thinking it will be too late. That is one of the risks you've gotta take....and that unknown is just a killer. Just try and go with the flow of things.

I really had no hope for that second IUI...I was really bummed about the one follicle (because if I couldn't get pregnant with 2 follicles, how the heck was having 1 going to help me). But the world works in mysterious ways....
November 2nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks SO much for the info, Lee Ann! I'm thinking that at least my + hasn't happened yet this morning, then maybe the surge is just beginning, tomorrow will be the big surge, and maybe I'll ovulate overnight or something tomorrow night- just in time for the IUI Wednesday morning?!? I'm not sure. I did speak with the nurse in my RE's office and she said that they like the sperm to be between 3 and 5 days old, which is really hard to guesttimate when I'm not being monitored and my body decides to take its time! We BD'd last night, but we're going to abstain tonight and tomorrow night, which would make the spermies around 2.5 days old... that's as good as it's going to get! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around abstaining while I'm fertile!

I'll keep you all updated-- I'm going to use another IC later today and hope it's not yet exactly positive, and then test tomorrow morning around 8 or 9 and hope it's very positive! I've been confirming with digi's as well, so gosh did I go through the OPKs this cycle! I bought some more last night off of Ebay so I'm ready for the next cycle.

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

November 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around abstaining while I'm fertile!
That is how I felt because you play these what-ifs with yourself...."what if we don't do it, the IUI is a bust and if we only would have bd'ed the day before ovulation I may have gotten pregnant..." - I did this alot!!!!

That second IUI, dh and I had abstained for over 7 days....because I was concerned that we'd get a + opk on thursday and have the IUI on friday - then that didn't happen - then I thought we'll if we get a + opk on sunday, IUI on monday - that didn't happen either - ....so by that time, the new week had started and I knew a + would be here any day....so I didn't want to take my chances.
November 2nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Oh wow! That's crazy! I'm so glad it worked for you!

Well then I'll use that as my inspiration to abstain the next 2 days, since I'm so so sure that I'll get the positive tomorrow. My lines never get this dark then go back to light again, so we'll see! If we do go ahead and try this again next cycle, I have PROMISED not to POAS but ONE time a day to check for this so-called surge!

November 2nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping that they can catch it perfectly!!
November 2nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck catching your surge Jackie!
November 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Thank you! I used another IC after work, and I wasn't impressed with the second line it popped up. We'll abstain tonight, so I'm super duper really hoping that we get a smilie face on the digi tomorrow!

November 2nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Jackie!!!! Still praying for ya!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

November 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Good Luck Jackie!!

November 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you both! Ughh, I need to destress or something!

November 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Good Luck Jackie - I O'd late for me this cycle.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 3rd, 2009, 06:10 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok jacs any luck today????

November 3rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, Jackie!!! I hope your timing is right on!
November 3rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Negative OPK again. I'm so about to give up this cycle. I'm so emotional and so over this. I wonder if an IUI is even worth it with an old shriveled up eggie that is hanging on too long. The second line is very evident, but it's not getting any darker and the digi is negative. I never thought it'd happen, but I'm almost out of OPKs! More are on the way, but it'll be a while.

My biggest fear is if I don't ovulate. Then it's like my body is reverting back to its stupid days before Clomid. I've ovulated every cycle since starting that first cycle of Clomid and I'm getting so nervous that my body is broken again (more than it already is.). I know I'm being overly dramatic. I just really wanted to be positive and I wanted this IUI to be IT. I'm so frustrated right now.

November 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry Jackie! I do see some o'ing on your chart for CD18 and 19....so fingers crossed that you'll get a + soon!
November 3rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Jackie, maybe your body just needed a little while to decide what egg is going to be IT!! Is there any way you can get an U/S to see where your follie is at and then maybe trigger? Just a thought. Hope you see that positive OPK soon and get your IUI that WILL be IT!!!

November 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingfor1soon View Post
Jackie, maybe your body just needed a little while to decide what egg is going to be IT!! Is there any way you can get an U/S to see where your follie is at and then maybe trigger? Just a thought. Hope you see that positive OPK soon and get your IUI that WILL be IT!!!
I hope it's coming soon. As far as an ultrasound, I could have done the whole process of u/s's and triggers this cycle, but because my RE is recommending IVF and said that IUI won't change our chances at ALL, I don't want to sink any more $$ into a not-probable cycle. An u/s alone would be $518, which I've paid for CD 3 in an earlier cycle, and I'm not going to do it since we'll most likely need to move on to IVF for $15K.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search