Mind if I join?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I just discovered the TTC 1 year + board today and joined because a friend became the co-host and she wanted to get the board moving, but then I saw that there was a 6+ months board, which is where I feel I fit in more....Im Ashley (23) and my DH is Jason (24) and we just got married on 9/18/09. Weve been together for 4 wonderful years, and last November, while sort of ntnp/sort of ttc/mixed with being on vacation and just taking the chance...we ended up getting pregnant. Oh man, seeing that second pink line words just cannot even describe how I felt that day. Unfortunately, I miscarried in early December just a few days after finding out I was pregnant...that, by far, was the absolute hardest thing I have ever been through. That pregnancy made us realize that this is what we want so that next cycle (since it was a very early loss) we decided to officially start ttc. We did that for 4 more short months, and in those months we had another 2 early losses which as you can imagine were just as painful as the first. Then on April 3rd we got engaged, and decided to take a break from ttc for our sanity, for my body, and to plan our wedding. Well, we are now almost 2 months past our wedding and were still kind of in limbo land...were not TRYING, but were not preventing either thats for sure...I guess were just not obsessing, like last time we were ttc. I had my yearly check up right after the wedding my OB referred me to an RE (because of my recurrent early miscarriages), he is apparantly the best in St. Louis, so I have made an appointment with him for Nov 30th to figure out our next steps and do whatever testing that they think is necessary. She said she normally never refers woman to an RE unless theyve been ttc for around a year, but she said my case was totally different because it was very obvious to her that I couldnt carry a pregnancy to term on my own. My mother has lupus and when my OB heard that, that concerned her because when your pregnant and have lupus apparantly it causes miscarriages in early pregnancy unless your on some sort of blood thinnner (a shot or a pill) from what I understand. So i think they'll be checking for that also. Anyway, sorry for my rambling...but were just sort of going with the flow until that appointment and until we figure out what we should do next. I dont want to TRY knowing that we can have another devastating loss, but I dont want to NOT TRY because I keep thinking what if I could get pregnant and have no problems this time and ive just have really, really bad luck or something. Sooo...weve got a shot this cycle so im hoping for the best! I hope you ladies dont mind me sticking around, its hard to relate on the regular ttc boards because thats just not what im going through at all. Ive btdt and I guess you could say im not so "naive" anymore when it comes to ttc and pregnancy... I know I dont have a hard time getting pregnant, but that doesnt mean its any easier, or less of a problem. Im to the point where I cant REALLY celebrate a bfp until I (if ever) get past the point when all my other m/c's occured. Okay, ive rambled too much... I hope you'll have me!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do. We are a nice close knit group - more like family sometimes.

I am Christina (27), married to Tony (30) for 5 years (together for going on 10). We have a 3 year old son named AJ and we are TTC our second - almost reaching the 2 year mark.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Welcome, Ash. You will see some very familiar faces around here. Sorry that you had to make it this far, but we are glad to have you!

November 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your journey has brought you here, but I'm glad to see you over here! The ladies on this board are WONDERFUL! Please stick around!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
adamsgirl
Welcome to the board Ashley!! So sorry to hear about your losses, but I hope the RE can help you get that super sticky BFP soon!!

I'm Aimee (25) and DH is Adam (26) and we've been ttc since Oct. 2008, however we started fertility testing in August 2009 and found out that DH has zero sperm coming out, so he has gone through a bunch more tests and they are thinking now that it is really likely he produces sperm, they just aren't coming out. So we are going to an RE at an IVF center to talk about doing IVF this December.

Thats about it for my story, I look forward to getting to know you. This is an awesome, supportive group of girls here who have been through everything under the sun ttc-wise!
November 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ash! Welcome to our little family.

Your Buddy - K-Dizzle!
November 5th, 2009, 08:08 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ash! I'm glad that you found us over here! It's really such a wonderfully supportive family!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

November 6th, 2009, 05:50 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavaAngel View Post
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do. We are a nice close knit group - more like family sometimes.

I am Christina (27), married to Tony (30) for 5 years (together for going on 10). We have a 3 year old son named AJ and we are TTC our second - almost reaching the 2 year mark.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Welcome, Ash. You will see some very familiar faces around here. Sorry that you had to make it this far, but we are glad to have you!
Oh my! Hi Ash!!! Ive been wondering about you lately, I had no idea you were even still active on JM! Its sooo nice to hear from you. Im so sorry though that you are still ttc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
I'm sorry your journey has brought you here, but I'm glad to see you over here! The ladies on this board are WONDERFUL! Please stick around!
Hey Jackie, im glad there are so many familiar faces around here, I think this board will feel much more like my home, and more comfortable for me. I had completely stopped posting on the main ttc board, not only because there are SO many new faces all the time...but I cant relate with any of those girls at all, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsgirl View Post
Welcome to the board Ashley!! So sorry to hear about your losses, but I hope the RE can help you get that super sticky BFP soon!!

I'm Aimee (25) and DH is Adam (26) and we've been ttc since Oct. 2008, however we started fertility testing in August 2009 and found out that DH has zero sperm coming out, so he has gone through a bunch more tests and they are thinking now that it is really likely he produces sperm, they just aren't coming out. So we are going to an RE at an IVF center to talk about doing IVF this December.

Thats about it for my story, I look forward to getting to know you. This is an awesome, supportive group of girls here who have been through everything under the sun ttc-wise!
Oh, im so sorry to hear about what you are going through. Im glad that it looks like your DH still produces sperm though...and I hope IVF produces a little miracle for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
Hi Ash! Welcome to our little family.

Your Buddy - K-Dizzle!
K-DIZZLE!!!!!! I didnt know you were on this board either! I think im gonna love it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsgirl336 View Post
Hi Ash! I'm glad that you found us over here! It's really such a wonderfully supportive family!
Hi Cris! Im glad im going to be able to keep up with all you girls easier now! I had no idea you were all on this board, well I didnt even know this board was here until just yesterday. Shows my stalking skills...
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

November 6th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As a regular stalker of the women here, I wanted to welcome you too! I'm pretty sure I was tested for Lupus after my 2nd m/c and a couple other things, so I hope you can either rule those out or at least get some answers. KUP about the appointment!
November 6th, 2009, 06:09 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ashley, welcome to our group. we will love to have you!!! and boy do i feel your pain... i told my DH after we had our third loss (chemical pregnancy) that it's not as simple as getting a bfp anymore. I've had one miscarriage at 8 weeks and one at almost 12 weeks and then a chemical pregnancy. so i totally understand what you are talking about. sometimes i'm more afraid of getting a bfp cause the loss is so difficult. i've prayed to God and asked him to not even give me another bfp, if only to take it away. so far, he's listening. so i guess that's good.

i hope you have much better luck with your next bfp!! and it's a sticky one. for now, we're happy to have you here. great group of ladies!!! hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search