Had my IVF Transfer Yesterday!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Hey ladies! Sorry I didnt get on and post yesterday...it was a LONG day! Anyways, DH and I got to the RE at 11:30 just like we were told to and we met with our RE to decide the final verdict. Then we were taken back into the transfer room. When we got in the U/S guy checked my bladder and decided it wasnt full enough. Ok I drank one of those BIG bottles of Powerade so I know it will be full in about 10-15 minutes if it wasnt already. Well, they made me drink a full 20 oz. bottle of water before they would check me again. Well lets just say by that time my bladder was fricken BURSTING!! It was so uncomfortable. So they came in and did all the cleaning of the cervix, did the transfer which went picture perfect, and then said the nurse would be in shortly to allow me to use the bathroom and go over everything with me. Well she came in and instead of letting me use the bathroom first she wanted to spend 20 minutes going over all of the information with me. Ok lady, I am going to pee on your table if you dont let me go!!! So about 5 minutes into the stuff while I am squirming all over she finally says, should we let you use the bathroom first will that help? Well WTH do you think?? Sorry ladies, I was slightly upset at them for not beleiving that my bladder would be full and making me SOOO uncomfortable. I truly hope I didnt hurt anything when I got up to pee since my RE says you should lay there for about 20 minutes afterwards and I made it for 5-10 minutes. I was so MAD!!!

But here is the news I am sure you are all waiting for....what did we transfer and what did our embies look like. Well remember that we had 18 eggs fertilize. Of those 18 we transfered 2 awesome embies back. One is a Grade 1 8-cell which is an (A+) at this stage. The other is a Grade 2 (because of some VERY slight fragmentation) compacting 8-cell which is an (A-) or (B+) but the RE said she would be shocked if that one didnt take. So all in all we are VERY happy with the transfer! We also had 7 other embies that were 6 or 7 cells or above, I cant remember, that were all developing perfectly! Those 7 our now our little frostie babies. So that is 9 Grade 1-2 B- or above embies from this cycle!!! We also have about 6-7 that are still developing but trailing behind quite a bit. The RE doesnt expect any of those to make it, but she said alot of times one or two may pull out of it. They are keeping all of those in extended culture and we will hear Monday if any of those made it to frosties! So like I said, we are VERY happy with how this cycle went and now everything is just in the hands of God and our little embies! I have definitely been keeping my feet up and will continue to do so over the next few days just to give our LOs a good chance to implant. I will have 2 betas too, one November 16 and one November 18.

Oh and DH is so cute, he kept saying they look like boys to me, and so now I am teasing him saying "our little girls"!! Too fun!

Thanks for reading my novel ladies! You are truly great!

November 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
adamsgirl
Congrats on the awesome cycle Alicia!! It sounds like everything went great and I can't wait to hear about your BFP in a couple weeks!!
November 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds great, Alicia!! I can't wait to celebrate your BFP with you!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
That is a great update - we will be seeing two lines in no time!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you Alicia!!! KUP!!
November 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I'm soooooo glad that everything went so well. I just know that you are going to have a BFP on the 16th!!! Grow embies grow!!!!
November 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
So excited for you, Alicia! Good luck! I can't wait to see your BFP!

November 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Thanks ladies! I hope your right and at least one of our little embies take!! As you can imagine, the 16th seems SOOO far away now! Im not going to lie, I may cave and test before then, but DH is begging me not too! haha

November 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy that everything went well Alicia! Well except the having to pee part... I have a great feeling that we'll be seeing that BFP before November 16!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

November 7th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Only 9 more days until you find out!
November 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Oh and the days are draggin! haha 8 to go....

November 9th, 2009, 06:10 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to see those two lines!!! I really think your BFP is on it's way!!! Here's more sticky dust!
November 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks Lisa!! I need all of it that I can get!!!

I had some mild cramping today and a sore back, but I am not going to read into anything with all the meds I have been on so we will just have to wait and see!!!

November 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
Good Luck Alicia.. I will be thinking about you.. i hope you get ur BFP!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search