Back from my IUI!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 10:26 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
xposted in my ttc#1 journal

Well, I sat in traffic for a while, but finally made it to the 'Burgh safely and soundly. I didn't have to wait 2 minutes in the lobby and was taken back with a nurse. She went over the whole procedure with me, and gave me a list of things that I shouldn't do post-IUI, and a beta hcg script. The RE that was doing the IUI was new to the practice (but not new to infertility). I undressed from the waist down, and the nurse came back in with the paperwork that Jon filled out this morning and made me verify that it was him and all of that since he wasn't with me. The RE came in and got the speculum out to get started. This is where I had the most issues with my HSG because my cervix is placed somewhere weird up there and my uterus is to the right and back. He got the speculum in fine, but couldn't get through my cervix because the opening was off to the side and the catheter thingy wouldn't bend. So he said "well we'll try one other thing then if that doesn't work we'll have to do the pinch". Well I freaked because "the pinch" did not sound like fun. Unfortunately, it wasn't! He basically put the tool in there and pinched my cervix to literally move it over so he could get the catheter through. OMG was that painful! I was squeezing the sheet on the table with all my might and the nurse was so sympathetic. Oh well, it was over quickly and he got it in to where it needed to be. I am thankful he didn't do it without it being completely up in my uterus. I laid in the room for 15 minutes to let the swimmers swim. I figured from all of that I'd be spotting, but I haven't see anything.

As for how I'm feeling, down there, I'm fine. I don't have cramps or anything. But my fever is back, after going down a little this morning, and one of my post-IUI instructions is to not let my body temp go over 100.4, which it was all last night. I told the nurse about my sickness, and she said to make sure I kept taking Tylenol to keep my fever down.

Now I'm just worried about the whole O'ing and all. I had the smilie face OPK yesterday only and a negative again today. But my CM wasn't really fertile this morning... kind of creamy, which sucks because what if this was too late? Because of my fever the last 2 days, I can't verify with my temps!

I think if this cycle doesn't work (I'm not so confident because I have no idea what is going on in this sick body of mine), I'd like to try again- in a healthy cycle- and I probably won't temp and only use OPKs ONCE a day!

Thank you Mrs.Black2006 for this cute siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

November 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Although it doesn't sound like an ideal situation for you, I'm hopeful that it will all work out. I hope you feel better soon!
November 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I forgot to add from the TTCWMA board that I wouldn't worry about your cm....I couldn't even tell you the consistency of mine during that time.

Think happy thoughts!!!
November 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks both of you!

I'm going to try to stay hopeful, but again I'm just not too set on the day of ovulation because my body is being weird. I haven't really felt any O pains today, just yesterday. It kind of goes along with the CM.

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

November 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Jackie! When is your beta? Keep the hope alive. I got pregnant on a cycle that I KNEW for sure would never work. We had sex like 4 days before I O'd and never thought it would have worked, so you never no. I'll be stalking you like usual and praying this works for you.

Will you continue to temp for the rest of the cycle, or will you just wait till your beta day?
November 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Think positively. I am praying that your bean is going to be burrowing in real soon!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaR View Post
Good luck Jackie! When is your beta? Keep the hope alive. I got pregnant on a cycle that I KNEW for sure would never work. We had sex like 4 days before I O'd and never thought it would have worked, so you never no. I'll be stalking you like usual and praying this works for you.

Will you continue to temp for the rest of the cycle, or will you just wait till your beta day?
Beta day is Nov. 20th, but rather than going all the way down to my RE's office, I have a script to get it done locally... since that's a Friday, I would in no way have results until Monday, which I would already know the answer because AF would show. I most likely will not go get a beta drawn due to timing but we'll see. They want me to either way, but I'm not sure.'
As for temping, once my fever goes away, I would like to take some temps so I can feel more secure about the O'ing and timing. I really wish I could temp now, but waking up to a 100.3 temp this morning doesn't help the chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavaAngel View Post
Think positively. I am praying that your bean is going to be burrowing in real soon!
I'll do my best to be positive. I need to feel better first I think! Thanks for the prayers- we need them!!

November 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness, Jackie! I realized at the end of reading your post I had been holding my breath since the time I started reading about "the pinch." Whew!!! I wish doctors would call things like that something else. I think it would help the whole situation. More like, "I'm going to give you 'the candy' if this doesn't work." Although I'm not sure I like the sounds of that either. LOL! You know what I mean. I hope your fever goes down all the way and you feel good for the weekend. I'll be keeping an eye on ya!
November 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
"The candy" That is too funny, Hollie!

Thanks for checking on me! I am going to lay down now for a little while..

November 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hopeful for you!!! Hopefully you wont have to try again, but staying optimistic is good too.
November 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be following you! I soooo hope this does it!
November 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jackie! I've been dying to get online to check on you! I'm sorry it took me so long, but I don't think it would be appropriate to pull up JM on my Hockey Ticketing computer during a game! LOL

Anyhow, I'm sorry that the IUI wasn't as clear cut as you had hoped, but at least it's over! I saw the tool they would have used to do the "pinch" and it did not look fun. It actually scared my DH. (it was so nice of them to leave the tray in the room while we waited).

Anyhow, Like LeeAnn said, my CM was messed up after my IUI, so I wouldn't worry too much. I am so excited that you had the IUI done. I will pray everyday that you have success! I'm going to be one of your biggest cheer leaders!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search