I have the flu. :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately, after a night of a high fever and nothing making it go away- I went to the urgent care center and I DO indeed have the flu officially. I probably fried up all DH's swimmers and my eggie by now. I couldn't keep my fever down, and still can't. I've been put on bedrest through Monday. Ugh. I feel so completely awful, and I asked DH this morning about what he thought about the $500 donation we just gave the hospital yesterday. (IUI) Timing stinks. I was given a script for a cough syrup with codeine that the doctor assured me was ok to take even if I was pregnant. I also got a script for Tamaflu, but we're holding off on it since she said it might make me feel a little better, but all it does is suppress the flu virus, and doesn't fight it. I figured I'd save the $ and just take the cough syrup tonight to help me sleep. I'm still constantly dealing with the chills/sweats and IT SUCKS. When we got to the doctor's office and they called me back, I had DH go back with me. I ended up feeling like I was going to pass out so I laid on the table there for 15 minutes while we waited for the doctor. I've never ever felt so freaking awful in my life. I've NEVER had the flu and I certainly don't want it ever again. I can't believe after waiting all this time to try the IUI, that this all happened.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
That isn't fair at all. I wouldn't take the Tamiflu - I have heard the side effects will make you feel worse than the flu ever did. I have never had the flu either. I am hoping all is well and you will still get your BFP! Crossing my fingers for you. Feel better soon! Get some rest!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks, Christina... I feel the same way about Tamiflu. My doctor said I *could* take it, but I may be better just letting the flu run its course. My fever has stayed up and scorching and will not go down. I'm so sweaty then shivering and then sweaty again constantly. I've done lots of laying around (nothing else I can do anyway), but this bites.

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

November 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jackie I'm sooooooo sorry sweetie. I'm praying that a miracle happens even though you have a fever. The flu stinks, and unfortunately it is a virus and it has to run it's course. Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. I wouldn't take the tamiflu either.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

November 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Jackie. The timing is horrible. There is a bright side - now you've had the flu and it's unlikely you'll get it again this year.
November 7th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Im so sorry Jackie!! I had the H1N1 virus and mono at the same time about 4 weeks ago and it was awful! I know that Tamiflu doesnt have the greatest reputation but I will say it helped me TONS!! Within 2-3 days I was back to being able to do a few things and it was amazing considering I had both of the viruses. So, just my advice, if you do still feel bad tomorrow, considering filling that prescription. It also helped with my fever too. Before it I couldnt keep my fever below 103.5 even with extra strength tylenol. With it I was always at the 100 maybe 101 if it was close to my next dosage and I broke my fever within 24 hours of taking it for good. Also, my RE had told me that it should be fine for pregnancy/TTC too. Also FLUIDS FLUIDS FLUIDS....they saved me and kept me out of the hospital! I am so sorry you are having to go through this! It is truly AWFUL! I told my DH that I will NEVER allow myself to get sick again. Im still recovering a little. My energy level is still low after a few hours, but hey more reason to relax with all this IVF stuff. Of course that could all be from the mono side of it too. Hope you feel better soon hun!!!

November 8th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Well, poop! That just totally sucks, Jackie! I am so sorry!

November 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Well, after 3 full days, my fever has finally started to go down... whew. I still can't tell what's going on with my temps because they are higher than "usual" with the flu-ish stuff in there. I woke up with tons of watery CM, which never happens to me after O, so I can only guess that's from all the fluids I've been taking in, right? Gosh I hope so because I don't see the will or want to BD any time soon.

November 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
jackie I am so sorry you're sick!! Just try and take care of yourself and I hope you do another IUI next cycle when you're well again!! Thinking happy thoughts for you just in case!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
November 8th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks, Kate. I'm hoping we can do an IUI again next month too... it all depends on if I can talk DH into it or not if this cycle didn't work.

I seriously don't know IF I O'd because I was sick right after my positive OPK, and if that delayed my O further or made it go away, I'll never know. I can't use my temps because they have been SO high and I can't use CM because it's been weird as well... I don't know. I guess I just have to play it day by day and see when the witch will show up..

November 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aww I'm so sorry Jackie!! I hope you're feeling better soon, that stinks being sick and really stinks about the timing.
November 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww Jackie thats horrible. so unfair after all this waiting. I hope you get a surprise BFP though. Glad youre feeling better
XXX
November 8th, 2009, 02:10 PM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS Jackie I'm so sorry about the timing of all this. I'm glad you're doing better and I hope you still get a surprise BFP.

Last edited by ChristinaR; November 8th, 2009 at 02:54 PM.
November 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks, ladies.. Love you bunches.

November 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you're sick Jackie! That just stinks! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

November 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
adamsgirl
aww Jackie, I'm so sorry!! I hope that you did O and even with everything that's gone on you do end up with a BFP this cycle! I think after getting N1H1 you're owed a nice big BFP!!!
November 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Thank you ladies...

I stayed home from work again today. I was being stubborn (against my DH's advice) and got dressed and was ready to go to work for a few hours today and then come home, but as we were getting ready to go out the door, it hit me like a ton of bricks that I wasn't even up for the drive to work. Jon gave me a hug and I started bawling, which is typical for me when I'm sick.

My fever has broken for good it seems, which is good, but I still feel like I was run over by a freight train- the aches and I'm soooooo weak and tired. Plus, the second I move or get up or say a word, I start coughing like a maniac. It's unreal. So I'm going to take the day to get some more rest and go from there. I'm just ready to feel like myself again.

November 9th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are so sick! I hope since the fever has broke that things start feeling better for you really soon. I'm so sorry about the bad timing as well, I know how that feels and it just plain stinks! I hope that Jon realizes that even though the IUI may not work this time around, that it most likely has to do with your flu than the actual IUI. Don't get me wrong... I am praying hard that this time around worked, regardless of all the crap that has gone down!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search