met with the IVF dr today (x-posted in MFI)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2009, 07:01 PM
adamsgirl
and I'm not 100% sure if we got good news or bad news...

they did an ultrasound on me and counted my antral follicles and apparently I only had 10. Which he said is not the end of the world but basically my right ovary is 45 and the left is 35. He said this is more than likely due to the appendectomy I had. Why they wouldn't have been a little more careful with a 21 year-old females ovaries, I'm not sure. But I guess they weren't very careful in the surgery. So I have old ovaries. He didn't think the quality of my eggs would be reduced, but he's doing bloodwork to make sure. I know I've had my FSH tested before and it was normal, so hopefully I can make at least a few great eggs. Here comes what I think was the good news part, after looking over DH's bloodwork and tests, he thinks it is a blockage and not a production problem. He doesn't think surgery would give him a high enough count to not do IVF though, so we're not going to go that route. But, he did say he would be suprised if they do the aspiration and find no sperm.

So now the plan is... DH has to try to get his aspiration moved up from Dec. to sometime within the next 2-3 weeks and we are going to do IVF in Dec.!!! AND we are hoping for twins, since we are a ttc trainwreck

Edited to add: If anyone knows of any foods/anything that makes eggs increased quality let me know, I want to have the best eggs I can for IVF, since I may not have many I want them to be super-eggs

Last edited by adamsgirl; November 9th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
November 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Best of luck girl!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Good luck to you!

November 10th, 2009, 07:33 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Aimee! I hope we have a Christmas IVF/IUI boom with lots of BFPs on this board between now and Christmas time!!! And I hope you get your wish for twins! How cool would that be?!
November 10th, 2009, 07:40 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds great, Aimee!! I'm sorry about the u/s findings, but I'm glad the doctor doesn't think it will be an issue with quality! I hope they can move your DH's appointment up!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 10th, 2009, 08:33 AM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
I think this news sounds great. Good luck with the IVF and I look forward to seeing your BFP in Dec!!!
November 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a great plan!!! I'm sooo glad that they were able to give you both hope. I'm praying that this works and you get your little beans!
November 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM
adamsgirl
good news ladies!! We are on for IVF in December!!! It's hard to believe with every curveball we've been thrown we're actually this close, but I think we finally have a chance to actually get pregnant now!!
November 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yay, great!!! Lots of luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! What great news! I'm glad your Dr is right on top of everything! Good luck!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search