Share Your Story!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree55Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
If it took you more than 6 months to get pregnant, we would love for you to share your story here! Did you do anything different the month you conceived? How did you keep from getting too discouraged? What words of advice do you have for our ladies? Thank you!
March 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Oh I guess I'm first. Hi ladies, I'm Sara. I'm in the April DDC, this is our 3rd baby, our oldest two are 15 (well, she will be next week) and 10. Baby Amelia is coming on the 19th of April.

I'm not sure what you ladies have tried, but I could have been in this group twice, once for my 10 year old and then for this baby. My oldest was conceived on birth control. Then when she was about 1 1/2, we started trying to have baby #2. It took 2 1/2 years to conceive him, with a miscarriage in between. Both times though, it took me losing weight to get pregnant. I currently weigh now (at 8 months pregnant) what I weighed when I got pregnant with my boy. I had weighed 260 and then my DH told me we were leaving Georgia (Army spouse) and going to Texas and I was so happy to leave Georgia that I lost weight from excitement, about 40 pounds. 3 months into living in Texas, I found out I was pregnant with him. When he was 6 months, DH and I started talking about our last baby and since it took 2 1/2 years to have him, we went off DEPO and started trying right away and promptly had 5 miscarriages (all early, within the first month and a half) over the next few years. It was discouraging and my weight crept back up, we were dealing with lots of problems with our oldest children. Both of my elder two have autism and my 15 year old is severely autistic with mental retardation. My weight went back up to 260 and then I joined a weight loss group, got serious about it the second year in and went back down to 220 and my period returned semi-normally (when I'm heavy, it comes about every 4 or 5 months). Then we got orders to Colorado and left Texas and I joined a new weight loss group here and during my DH's last deployment (that ended early June) I lost another 40 pounds (and then promptly put 10 back on the minute he got home it seems). I was down to 190 in August when we conceived. My periods were at 33.5 days the whole deployment and then in June they evened out to every 28 days. I don't know what else to tell you, for me ladies, it was losing weight that got me pregnant (and exercise, I can't wait to get back in the gym). I'm a devout Christian and my only prayer during those long 9 1/2 years was "Lord, if you don't have another baby in store for us, then please take my longing away for one" and He never did, I always knew we had one more in store, but of course I'm impatient and didn't know when it would happen. There was no positions or fertility drugs (twins run in our family and we only wanted 3 kiddos, not 4). I did have some testing for PCOS and they say I have it but that it's such a mild case of it. The only thing we did the day we conceived was after we DTD, I let him get kids ready to go (we were going to a dinner party and I had just gotten home from an all girl's camping weekend right before, the only reason we DTD was because I was ovulating according to the calendar). Anyways, I stuck my feet over my head and put them on my head board for a good 20 minutes, with the door locked so my 10 year old wouldn't walk in on me lol. That is my story, I'm hoping it encourages you at least, 9 1/2 years of waiting is a long time and we literally are starting over with this baby, we had nothing from the previous two (being military and moving). Good luck to all you ladies!
rlh27 and captivate like this.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

March 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I will share my story. My name is Brandy (28) and dh is Steve (27). I went off bcp in May of 2011, DH and I waited the first month as suggested by our dr but then started ttc right after that. It took us 9 months + to finally get pregnant. During that timeframe I learned I have PCOS and began taking Metformin in December of 2011. Unfortunately the initial dosage ended up not being strong enough and they had to increase it in February about 4-5 days before I O'd and I got pregnant that cycle.

We also tried a couple different things that cycle too- Dh started taking GNC Performance and Vitality vitamins and had been on them 2-3 weeks by the time I O'd; I took a spoonful of honey with cinnamon sprinkled on it every day until about 3-4 days before I O'd (this is supposed to help with egg viability, I quit taking it because O was delayed and I was frustrated), I also ate pineapple (meat and core) from 1dpo-7dpo. Pineapple has an enzyme in it that is supposed to help with implantation and it is most concentrated in the core. Most articles said to eat it from 1-5dpo but it also said people with IVF ate it from 1-5dpo. I decided to eat it a little longer since implantation doesnt occur until 7-10dpo.

Honestly, the cycle that I got pregnant I had given up on it happening that cycle. My o was delayed, I had been getting a + opk for 2 weeks (on and off) and I decided I was done trying to time bd for a cycle when I had no idea if/when my body was going to cooperate. DH intiated bd'ing one Saturday night before bed, Sunday morning my temp was still down and I told him I hadn't o'd the day prior- his response was "Good, now if you O today the little swimmies will be waiting" sure enough I took my temp the next morning and I had O'd.

The only advice I can offer is to hang in there and take it day by day. It is ok to be frustrated, get upset, feel like quitting, get bored with temping and miss days. You will have those days, I absolutely did and felt that way most of my last cycle---but I PROMISE you, all of the months of frustration go right out the window the first time you see those 2 lines on an hpt!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
Hello! My name is Christina and I'm from the April DDC. My DH and I started trying to concieve in July 2007. I went off the pill, but never had regular periods. so after having 3 or so periods in 7 months I went in to see a dr. I was diagnosed as being "annovulatory" and got started on Metphormin. Its a drug that is supposed to be for diabetics, but is know to make you "spontaniously ovulate". (although not proven to work for fertility/ovulation) the first month after being on it we got pregnant. I miscarried at 6 weeks. We tried agian (and I was actually having regular-ish periods) for a few months and got pregnant in September 2008. My DS was born in May 2009.

We decided that since it was so difficult to get pregnant the first time, we would start asap after DS was born. Since I was nursing I didn't get my period back until May 2010. I started on the metphormin again and got pregnant in Sept 2010. I miscarried again at 7 weeks or so. I went to the dr to see if there was anything that could be done about the miscarriages. my dr reccommended starting Prometreum. it's a suppiment for progesterone - which is a horemone that your body is supposed to produce to tell it that it's pregnant and to keep nourishing the baby. I was now on metphormin and prometreum, and using ovulation predictors since my periods were a bit irregular (28-37days). We got pregnant again in April 2011 - only to miscarry at 10 weeks.

I felt pretty discouraged at this point. honestly we were probably only going to try one more time since i didn't think I could take another loss. We did have an SA done on DH and a large blood panel done on me to be sure there was nothing else medically that they could find out to be wrong.

We were keeping track of ovulation and DTD every day or every other day during fertile times. We finally got pregnant in August 2011. We are due in April with TWO girls our twins are identical (random and having nothing to do with any fertility drugs, not hereditary either) We couldn't be happier and we might eventually try for a 4th. but we know that we will be prepared for a long wait.
rlh27, shanirah and captivate like this.
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
March 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Wow, ladies! Thank you so much for the encouragement! Your stories certainly give me hope!
4everandalways likes this.
March 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Lucy! Thanks so much for writing out your stories. It seriously gives me hope and encouragement, and I truly needed that today.
captivate likes this.

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

March 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Thank you for sharing ladies!!! What a ray of hope this will give to everyone who reads it....
captivate likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 20th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Like the other ladies, thank you so much for sharing your stories! It really gives me hope that we'll conceive a baby of our own!
captivate likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I got married in 2001 and because I was 19 we decided to put off having kids for a bit. Well, after 8 years of marriage we figured we were ready and decided to go off of the pill. We had lots of fun trying for awhile, but then when nothing was happening I started OPK's and each month never got a positive (but my periods were 30 days like clockwork). After trying over a year we went to my OB who put me on 50mg of clomid. After a few months of no success, the dosage was moved to 100mg. I was having a very difficult time emotionally with all of this, and ultimately felt like a failure as a woman. There were so many people who would ask constantly when we were going to have kids, and we didn't share we were ttc so that made it even harder. I found JM in the middle of all of this and found amazing support, but still longed to have a baby and was getting very frustrated and depressed. It effected my entire world, even my work. In June of last year we decided, along with our RE to give it one more shot and then move on to IUI, and hope that worked since DH's SA was above normal and we knew I was the issue. In July I took my 100mg of clomid, but was done. i was so drained that month I decided I didn't care anymore and didn't track anything. We were going on a cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary and that was where my head was. I just wanted to get away with DH and forget about everything. When we got back from our cruise I had the usually CD 24 bloodwork and like we thought, the numbers weren't good. We were ready to move on and get started with IUI. On august 12th AF was due, and although usually i would have tested 1000 times in the days beforehand, I had no desire this month. I woke up and on my way to the bathroom realized af was due, but I had no symptoms of her coming. I figured "what the heck" and decided to just go for it. I peed in my red solo cup and within seconds of putting my IC test into the cup it was positive! I lost my mind. DH was just leaving for work and I quickly ran down the stairs and out the front door, in my underwear, banging on the back of his truck so he didn't drive off. I was crying, I was shaking, and he was looking at me like i was nuts standing in the front yard in my underwear! He rolled down his window and waving the test around I said "I didn't plan on telling you this way, but we are pregnant!". He looked at me and said "but the tests this month all came back bad, it can't be". We went inside and sitting there on the counter was my cup of pee and I did another IC, a FRER, and a digi, all of which were quickly positive. I immediately went to the doctor that morning for betas and the number came back over 1800. We were over the moon. It turns out the baby was conceived on our cruise, the day after our 10th wedding anniversary, best vacation souviner ever! Everyone told me to stop trying and it would happen, but its not easy to stop trying. Well, giving up worked for us. Our little monster is due in 3 weeks!

Good luck ladies- this is not an easy road you are on. Just know that you are not alone.
4hearts, rlh27, -Brandy- and 3 others like this.

March 21st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightWife View Post
DH and I got married in 2001 and because I was 19 we decided to put off having kids for a bit. Well, after 8 years of marriage we figured we were ready and decided to go off of the pill. We had lots of fun trying for awhile, but then when nothing was happening I started OPK's and each month never got a positive (but my periods were 30 days like clockwork). After trying over a year we went to my OB who put me on 50mg of clomid. After a few months of no success, the dosage was moved to 100mg. I was having a very difficult time emotionally with all of this, and ultimately felt like a failure as a woman. There were so many people who would ask constantly when we were going to have kids, and we didn't share we were ttc so that made it even harder. I found JM in the middle of all of this and found amazing support, but still longed to have a baby and was getting very frustrated and depressed. It effected my entire world, even my work. In June of last year we decided, along with our RE to give it one more shot and then move on to IUI, and hope that worked since DH's SA was above normal and we knew I was the issue. In July I took my 100mg of clomid, but was done. i was so drained that month I decided I didn't care anymore and didn't track anything. We were going on a cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary and that was where my head was. I just wanted to get away with DH and forget about everything. When we got back from our cruise I had the usually CD 24 bloodwork and like we thought, the numbers weren't good. We were ready to move on and get started with IUI. On august 12th AF was due, and although usually i would have tested 1000 times in the days beforehand, I had no desire this month. I woke up and on my way to the bathroom realized af was due, but I had no symptoms of her coming. I figured "what the heck" and decided to just go for it. I peed in my red solo cup and within seconds of putting my IC test into the cup it was positive! I lost my mind. DH was just leaving for work and I quickly ran down the stairs and out the front door, in my underwear, banging on the back of his truck so he didn't drive off. I was crying, I was shaking, and he was looking at me like i was nuts standing in the front yard in my underwear! He rolled down his window and waving the test around I said "I didn't plan on telling you this way, but we are pregnant!". He looked at me and said "but the tests this month all came back bad, it can't be". We went inside and sitting there on the counter was my cup of pee and I did another IC, a FRER, and a digi, all of which were quickly positive. I immediately went to the doctor that morning for betas and the number came back over 1800. We were over the moon. It turns out the baby was conceived on our cruise, the day after our 10th wedding anniversary, best vacation souviner ever! Everyone told me to stop trying and it would happen, but its not easy to stop trying. Well, giving up worked for us. Our little monster is due in 3 weeks!

Good luck ladies- this is not an easy road you are on. Just know that you are not alone.
Wow. I'm crying at work after reading your story.

Thanks so much. I too am in the phase of being numb, and your story just hit home, at least for me.

Bless you and your family!

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

March 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
Regular
Thanks for sharing your stories, ladies...we'll all just keep the faith!
rlh27 likes this.
March 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another success story!!!

The saga begins in the year 2000, My hubby and I had been married for a year, and decided we were ready to start NTNP. After a few months we were moved into our new home and started to TTC full steam a head.

2 years later I finally saw a doctor that didn't dismiss me, she diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on metformin. Soon I was having regular cycles, but still no baby.

In 2005 we had a cruise planned, and I went on BCP's to ensure that the dreaded AF wouldn't show up while I was snorkeling with stingray. When we returned from our vacation I discontinued the pill. It seemed to have kick started me, and 2 cycles later I was pregnant with my first.

When our oldest was 3 months old we decided to start trying again, but I was nursing and AF hadn't returned yet. When AF did finally return I went back on a low dose of metformin yet my cycles were very long. I conceived on about day 68 of my cycle.

When DS#2 was 5 months old and AF returned we started ttc again, after 14 months I found myself pregnant again, I was so thrilled to be having a january baby, both the boys were born in september.

Sadly at 8 weeks we found out the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks and then a week later the miscarriage started.

WE started ttc right away, but my cycles were very out of whack. After trying a few things like vitex, and other supplements I managed to get my cycle back to around 40 days long. But it wasn't until 18 months later that I got PG with this this baby using soy isoflavones.

TTC has been a large part of my life for a long time, I learned things about my body I had no idea about. I learned how to chart, and what supplements do what to your cycle. We gained 2 dogs in the process because I needed something to fill the void of my babyless arms. But dreams do come true. I have 2 beautiful boys and 3rd baby baking. Good luck to all of you, I hope you all join a DDC very very soon!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Last edited by 3Sapphires; March 22nd, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
March 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
This is such a great idea, Lucy! I would love to share my story with my favorite gals!

I'm Lindsey (29) and my DH is Chad (32) and it took us 12 cycles of TTC our first miracle. I'm a little over 10 weeks pregnant now and I am due in the middle of October.

So my story begins when I married the love of my life on April 3, 2011, after being together for 5 years. We knew we always wanted a family but wanted to wait until we were married to start TTC. We had an oopsie the month before the wedding and I actually really thought I was going to get pregnant! (little did I know how hard it actually was going to be). So after the wedding, we went on our honeymoon and we were both on board right away to start TTC (we knew neither of us were getting any younger...and we want a big family! ...and I am approaching 30) It took probably only 2 months for me to start getting nervous already and wondering why it wasn't happening. I started using OPKs right away to figure out if/when I was ovulating. After a couple months of that and lots of tears, my sister finally recommended JM to me and told me about the TTC board. I learned about JM in Sept, joined, immediately started learning more and more about TTC and learning more about my body. I started charting, temping, inspecting my CM, OPKs...and I thought the first month of charting, I was going to get pregnant! Boy was I wrong!

In the end, it took us 12 cycles of TTC. 6 cycles using just OPKs and 6 cycles of charting. I've never cried so much in my life! 12 cycles of what seemed like constant tears! I couldn't find anything really wrong once I started charting. I noticed that my LP was shorter than normal (11 days) but that it wasn't actually considered a defect and that I could still sustain a pregnancy. Every month that I'd get a BFN, I would start worrying more and more and more....thinking "what is wrong?!?! SOMETHING has to be wrong... this is not normal" I did a lot of research trying to figure it out. I knew that after 1 year of TTC, we would both get checked out to make sure we were fine. But since I wasn't to that point yet, I just tried and tried to figure it out on my own..... I was always back and forth in my mind with "is something wrong with us?" then the next thought would be "no we are fine" and it was just constant thoughts, fears, worries...

I think it was in November that I decided I needed to stop focusing so much on what could be wrong with us (even though that was easier said than done). But I still could not stop the tears. I felt such a deep depression from not being able to get pregnant. So we started going to church more and I realized that it REALLY helped me. I remember just bawling my eyes out at church during songs and prayer. I just really really starting praying for our little miracle but felt it was so out of reach for us. I was actually starting to lose hope it was going to happen for us.

I knew after 12 cycles of actively TTC, I wanted us to start the process of getting checked out. My DH was going to be getting checked first, since it was less invasive and way cheaper. My dr. wanted to rule him out first. So that last cycle, I had this in my mind. I was wondering "what will we do if something IS wrong with his swimmers?" So I started doing my research on that and learned that vitamins could really help in that dept. A few people on JM recommended GNC's men's vitamin Performance and Vitality. So I started him on those vitamins the cycle I got pregnant. I also had noticed that I didn't produce much (if any) EWCM. So I tried ways to increase my CM. I drank lemon water, ate a ton of carrots, I tried Fertile CM pills. So the 2 new things we tried the cycle we got pregnant were the GNC vitamins and the Fertile CM enhancer for me. And a whole lot of praying!

The cycle I did get pregnant, I still felt like getting pregnant was SO out of reach. Even the day before my BFP, I remember thinking "This is never going to happen." It got to a point where I couldn't even picture it happening anymore. BUT IT DID HAPPEN. I could NOT believe it. It seemed so surreal. After so long of trying, I couldn't believe it actually worked! I felt truly blessed.

All I can recommend is to have faith and don't give up hope. Just know it will happen! And once you see that BFP, all the months or years of trying won't even matter anymore.

Wishing all of you wonderful ladies all of the baby dust in the world!
rlh27, Nicholle ttc and captivate like this.

Last edited by MoonAngel702; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
March 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the Sept DDC to share our story

We conceived our 3-year-old son after about exactly 6 months/7 cycles of TTC (actually I would say the first few cycles were more like NTNP, we were newlyweds and "just seeing what would happen"). I got pregnant the first cycle we used preseed, and really thought that must've done the trick. After our son was born, we wanted our next child to br close in age...we weren't too picky...somewhere in the 12-24 month apart range. We never prevented, but I was breastfeeding and didn't get AF until I weaned DS at 10 months old (Nov 2009). Then we started hardcore TTC (OPKs, charting, preseed, etc) right away. 7 cycles later, I wasn't pregnant and just had a feeling that something was wrong. We had had perfect timing for all 7 cycles, my charts looked great, but I wasn't getting pregnant. My doctor recommended a semen analysis for DH b/c it was pretty clear I was ovulating. His SA came back absoloutely awful (1.3 million/ml with 36% motility and bad morphology- should be at least 20 million/ml with 50% motility). We were told IVF was our only option, which was very surreal after conceiving naturally only 2 years earlier. Long story short, my DH had varicocele surgery and started on a hardcore vitamin regimine. His counts were up 3 months after the surgery, but still pretty low (12 mil/ml with 50% motility)We conceived naturally 3 months after the surgery, only to m/c soon after my BFP. We also learned about the same time that I had high FSH at the ripe old age of 26 We tried 3 IUIs unsuccessfully in 2011 and it took 12 months after my m/c to get another BFP, again naturally. The month we conceived this time around, the only thing I did different was drink baking soda water and did a baking soda douche to make my CM less acidic ( I read about it in a book called "Making Babies") I had tested my CM with ph strips and it was quite acidic, which can kill sperm and I knew we need as many as possible to survive. I had also taken 80 mg soy isoflavones on CD 5-9, but I had tried that before with no success, so who knows?

My advice: Never give up. Our doctors were always extremely negative about our chances, and yet we have conceived naturally 3 times. Granted, it was not easy, and took over 2 years to conceive #2. But it did happen. Also, don't be afraid to do your own research and try natural methods. Listen to your doctor but know that they are not the final authority. And surround yourself with positive people who will support you in your journey, instead of bringing you down.

Good luck to each and every one of you. I know how hard it can be.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
March 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
First off, just let me say how much I love each and every one of you ladies who supported me through my TTC journey. It truly means more than any of you can know. I know most of you know my story, but I'll be happy to share.

DH and I conceived our three boys very easily with no issues...literally first TTC cycles babies. Of course, I'd read TCOYF and had been tracking everything for NFP purposes beforehand.

When we felt we were being led to have a 4th, we thought, ok, here we go! And, assumed this would be just as easy a journey. Boy were we wrong. Cycle after cycle past and BFNs and AF would leave me heartbroken after each one. Finally, DH had a SA done, and just as we thought, his diabetes (which had briefly gotten out of control) had taken it's toll. His count was pretty low. His endocrinologist told us that even though his levels were improved and back under control, that the damage was most likely done in the fertility department and it's rare for diabetics to improve much and, more likely than not, it would continue to deteriorate as time passes. He left DH with the wonderful advice of if you want another, then now's the time to do it. Um, hello???? What did he think we were doing???? He wanted him to get back to him in another SIX cycles if we were unsuccessful, but chose to do nothing to act further.

We then had an appt with my MW the next month who was much more sympathetic. She knew we conceived with no issues the first three times, and agreed there was a cause for concern that we hadn't after 6 months. She diagnosed us with secondary infertility. She suggested that DH go ahead and see a urologist and that if he needed a referral, SHE would write it for him since she had the results from his SA on file and his endo refused to do it yet. She also ordered a HSG for me to look at my tubes. She wasn't too concerned that they were blocked, but said we'd better be safe and check. I'd had three previous c-sections, and there was a slight possibility that scar tissue could've grown over my tubes. She said we'd wait 2cycles after the HSG, and if it hadn't happened, she'd refer me to the RE for an IUI. She didn't feel the need to wait it out and thought we'd be good candidates since our main issue was DH's count.

So, DH sees urologist, who (unhelpfully) told DH the same thing that his endo did. Need to conceive soon because his condition won't get better, but didn't think there should be any immediate action. At this point, I am SO THANKFUL for my MW who was the only one who took us seriously and provided a plan of action.

We put DH on GNC's Energy and Vitality pack for the next couple of months. And, once again AF showed, so I had my HSG. Everything clear and uterus was normal. I can't be sure if it was because of the HSG or not, but I O'd super early that cycle and what do you know???? BFP after 7 cycles, finally our blessing!

Ladies, many of you know the tears I went through and the let down. I was so numb to the process too many times to count. THere were times were I just plain wanted to give up and not continue. Yet, I KNEW that God wouldn't have brought us to this decision and changed both my and DH's heart about adding to our family, only to break it and leave me destitute. I also prayed several times in the midst of heartbreak that if this wasn't going to be to PLEASE take away both DH's and my desire for another. He didn't and I FINALLY submitted to him. The cycle that I had my HSG done, I literally gave up control. I laid it all at God's feet and decided that I'd do whatever we needed to on our end, but that God was sovereign and this is in His hands and His timing, not mine. I agreed to be patient and wait this journey out.

I don't think there's any advice I can give to you that you haven't already heard from me, other than the above. There is a freedom in surrendering control to Him. To know that He loves you, he knows the desires of your heart, and He will not fail you. We can't understand why our journeys have to be so long, painful, and difficult, but we do know that God is behind it all and if we can somehow lay it all at His feet and fully trust Him, that His will will be done. Humanly, there is never enough strength to make it through this long road, it can only come from the Lord. Lean on Him, His wisdom, His strength.

Can I share this with you ladies??? This Psalm is wonderful and a true reminder of God's sovereignty and His love for us. He will keep us, protect us, and get us through everything.

I raise my eyes towards the mountains.
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and Earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip,
your protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protect you,
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all harm,
he will guard your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going,
both now and forever.
Psalm 121:1-8

(((Hugs))), ladies. I love you all so much!!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Yet, I KNEW that God wouldn't have brought us to this decision and changed both my and DH's heart about adding to our family, only to break it and leave me destitute.
I am in tears, weeping at work at my desk right now. This is exactly how I feel. I know the Lord will bless us as children have ALWAYS been my passion my entire life. Working with children is my strongest and best talent that God has given me. And now, being the with the love of my life, I know he will make the best, most amazing father in this world. So, you stated, Katie, it's a strong desire within me... and I know God is faithful. He has proven His faithfulness to me time and time again.

Thanks to you and Lindsey for sharing your stories. We miss you girls more than you know.

March 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Quote:
First off, just let me say how much I love each and every one of you ladies who supported me through my TTC journey. It truly means more than any of you can know. I know most of you know my story, but I'll be happy to share.

DH and I conceived our three boys very easily with no issues...literally first TTC cycles babies. Of course, I'd read TCOYF and had been tracking everything for NFP purposes beforehand.

When we felt we were being led to have a 4th, we thought, ok, here we go! And, assumed this would be just as easy a journey. Boy were we wrong. Cycle after cycle past and BFNs and AF would leave me heartbroken after each one. Finally, DH had a SA done, and just as we thought, his diabetes (which had briefly gotten out of control) had taken it's toll. His count was pretty low. His endocrinologist told us that even though his levels were improved and back under control, that the damage was most likely done in the fertility department and it's rare for diabetics to improve much and, more likely than not, it would continue to deteriorate as time passes. He left DH with the wonderful advice of if you want another, then now's the time to do it. Um, hello???? What did he think we were doing???? He wanted him to get back to him in another SIX cycles if we were unsuccessful, but chose to do nothing to act further.

We then had an appt with my MW the next month who was much more sympathetic. She knew we conceived with no issues the first three times, and agreed there was a cause for concern that we hadn't after 6 months. She diagnosed us with secondary infertility. She suggested that DH go ahead and see a urologist and that if he needed a referral, SHE would write it for him since she had the results from his SA on file and his endo refused to do it yet. She also ordered a HSG for me to look at my tubes. She wasn't too concerned that they were blocked, but said we'd better be safe and check. I'd had three previous c-sections, and there was a slight possibility that scar tissue could've grown over my tubes. She said we'd wait 2cycles after the HSG, and if it hadn't happened, she'd refer me to the RE for an IUI. She didn't feel the need to wait it out and thought we'd be good candidates since our main issue was DH's count.

So, DH sees urologist, who (unhelpfully) told DH the same thing that his endo did. Need to conceive soon because his condition won't get better, but didn't think there should be any immediate action. At this point, I am SO THANKFUL for my MW who was the only one who took us seriously and provided a plan of action.

We put DH on GNC's Energy and Vitality pack for the next couple of months. And, once again AF showed, so I had my HSG. Everything clear and uterus was normal. I can't be sure if it was because of the HSG or not, but I O'd super early that cycle and what do you know???? BFP after 7 cycles, finally our blessing!

Ladies, many of you know the tears I went through and the let down. I was so numb to the process too many times to count. THere were times were I just plain wanted to give up and not continue. Yet, I KNEW that God wouldn't have brought us to this decision and changed both my and DH's heart about adding to our family, only to break it and leave me destitute. I also prayed several times in the midst of heartbreak that if this wasn't going to be to PLEASE take away both DH's and my desire for another. He didn't and I FINALLY submitted to him. The cycle that I had my HSG done, I literally gave up control. I laid it all at God's feet and decided that I'd do whatever we needed to on our end, but that God was sovereign and this is in His hands and His timing, not mine. I agreed to be patient and wait this journey out.

I don't think there's any advice I can give to you that you haven't already heard from me, other than the above. There is a freedom in surrendering control to Him. To know that He loves you, he knows the desires of your heart, and He will not fail you. We can't understand why our journeys have to be so long, painful, and difficult, but we do know that God is behind it all and if we can somehow lay it all at His feet and fully trust Him, that His will will be done. Humanly, there is never enough strength to make it through this long road, it can only come from the Lord. Lean on Him, His wisdom, His strength.

Can I share this with you ladies??? This Psalm is wonderful and a true reminder of God's sovereignty and His love for us. He will keep us, protect us, and get us through everything.

The Lord protect you,
or the moon by night.
he will guard your life.
both now and forever.

Katie,

Although I was a part of your ttc journey, I am in tears after reading your story. It really hits home for me. This cycle is the cycle I finally released this journey over to God. I just had a revelation that it takes 3 to conceive, DH, myself, and God; and nothing I do will change that. after that I realized that all I need to do is what I am humanly capable of; take my medicine, use my OPKs, temp until O is confirmed, and the rest is God. I have felt such a peace and calmness this cycle. Thank you so much for sharing your story and reminding me that what I am doing, is exacly what needs to be done.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 22nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Quote:

The Lord protect you,
or the moon by night.
he will guard your life.
both now and forever.

Thank you for sharing this! I too, began sobbing at my desk. Again, I'm thankful that I have my own office and a door that closes. I agree, why would DH and I desire a child so much, if it wasn't meant to be. I've only been trying since September, but I'm becoming negative and less and less hopeful about conceiving a child. I'm so glad that you and all of the other wonderful ladies shared your struggles. You know how much that helps us!!! I have to learn to be patient and it will come, not when I want it, but when He wants it! Thank you again!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
Hi ladies!

I am currently pregnant with our first child, due in September. It took us 23 months to conceive. I went of BC in Feb 2010. I knew I had irregular periods, so for the first couple of months I wasn't overly concerned that I was irregular. By June I went back to my OBGYN, and she gave me provera but wasn't overly concerned either. She told me it could take 6 months. I went back again in August, got more provera and another pep talk. By October, (with only one natural period since Feb), I was pretty concerned. My OBGYN did a blood test. She called me herself and told me the results were "perfect" and I just needed to be patient. I knew something was wrong. I went to an RE with the blood results for a second opinion...he said that the results were not normal at all, and diagnosed me with PCOS.

So I started working with an RE in December 2010. We did sperm tests and an Hsg. Everything came back good. I did 7 rounds of clomid and a trigger shot with no success. I did a laproscopy in August 2011 with no real results. At this point I was getting concerned because I wanted to try a different medicine and he wanted me to go on injectibles. I went to another RE for a second opinion.

We liked the second RE better, and ended up switching to him. He had me try femara and ovidrel in December 2011. He also did a post-coital test, and basically said that we were doing it only to rule out doing an IUI if it was good, and not to worry if it was bad because the test isn't overly reliable. In the post-coital, he found NO sperm at all. I turns out that we actually go pregnant that first cycle on Femara! So do not be discouraged by a bad post coital test.

So, what I learned is that you have to advocate for yourself and trust yourself about when something isn't right. I was so concerned about hurting doctors feelings--but if I hadn't pushed we wouldn't be pregnant now!

Don't discount how hard this is. After about 1.5 years of TTC, I started going to a therapist occasionally to help me process my feelings. At one point I was crying every time I was alone, which is obvious to me now that I was depressed. I worked with my doctor to find anti-depressants to help. Going to a therapist is something that really helped me. Especially if you are working with an RE and are facing the what if we need to do IVF? What if we have to adopt? etc etc questions it just helps to talk it out with someone objective. She helped me to keep it in perspective and tried to help me balance my life a little so I wasn't thinking about TTC every single second.

Don't give up hope! You never know when the next try is going to be the one that works!

March 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thank you so much for sharing, ladies! I have so much I want to say, but it'd take a book to fit it all, lol. I am so filled with hope and gratitude. Thank you so much for renewing our faith!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search