And baby craziness has hit full power!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By AIK112018
  • 1 Post By avaught
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj
  • 1 Post By BabyX

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why do I do this to myself? An old friend/co-worker of mine had her baby last night. Beautiful, healthy baby with such a sweet name. I'm so happy for her, not even jealous, just happy! But that definitely flicked on my "omgIwantababy!!" switch to full power, just when it was under control, and THEN I made the horrible mistake of actually creating a Babies R Us baby registry and added all kinds of cute baby things and decided on a unisex theme for the nursery etc. Now, I'm practically bouncing with "iwantababy!!!" energy and I have to keep it all inside because there's nothing I can do about it! The only upside to this is that I'm not depressed about it for once, just excited and impatient.

I can't believe I actually made a registry. It's not like I sent it out to anyone or anything, it was purely for my own enjoyment... but man, bad idea. DH and I have been trying for a year, my hormones are already hard to control. Heck, it's hard to control my spending at the grocery store on snacks when I haven't eaten in hours, and now I've been waiting for something I so desperately want for a YEAR... I should have known it'd make me crazy to encourage it with cutesy baby things! *smacks forehead* Bad Allie!

On top of all that, I was supposed to have a pap smear today (in which I was going to tell her all about TTC, voice my concerns about endo and low progesterone etc and in general get infertility treatments/appointments of some sort started. A HUGE step) and I had to cancel because I was still on my period, even though it's super light. :/ I just heard that if you are on or just finished your period, it can give incorrect bad results. I probably won't be able to get another one for at least two weeks. Grr! I didn't even think about it when I made the appointment because I wanted one ASAP and with a female doctor (I think they'd be a lot more understanding, plus, it's just more comfortable lol). Oh well...

Why is the TTC process so slow and confusing and hormone infused for us?!

Last edited by Allie_SMg; October 23rd, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
October 23rd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Isn't that the question we'd all like answered? TTC is just craziness!

And I have to admit, I have an Amazon wish list of baby stuff. Sometimes it sates my baby obsession, but usually it just makes it worse!

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
October 24th, 2012, 02:37 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
TTC is a lifestyle and sometime it can totally take over.

When I was TTC1 I had a list and Adam and I used to sit and add to it.. then everything went tits ups when we couldnt have a child.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

October 24th, 2012, 05:51 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
I use pinterest as my registry. I pin stuff all the time.. and then I freak out like OMG someone is going to think I'm nuts... so I move over to the humor category and pin like crazy so maybe people won't notice

I think its easy to let TTC consume your life.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
October 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same thing not so long ago. Actually, right after my miscarriage I did it. I guess it was a messed up way of coping. But it did make me excited to try again. I hope you get your BFP soon!
avaught likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaught View Post
I use pinterest as my registry. I pin stuff all the time.. and then I freak out like OMG someone is going to think I'm nuts... so I move over to the humor category and pin like crazy so maybe people won't notice

I think its easy to let TTC consume your life.
Diddo - I use pinterest too for baby items Nobody knows we are TTC right now, so I pretend Im using it for my sister who is publicly TTC.
avaught likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM
hha My sister is also publicy TTC so that is a good idea!!
AIK112018 likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazon is doing some promotion where anyone with a registry is entered to win a $500 gift card or something like that so I totally have one. I haven't looked at it since I made it though.
avaught likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
i'm going to make one on amazon now lol

October 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Allie you can just look at it like this. You're just setting a goal in front of you. There's nothing wrong with adding visual motivation to our goals, right?

I was just thinking I'm not sure how long your cycle runs, but if you are between CD21 and CD23 when you go to your doctor's appointment you might be able to get a blood draw to check your progesterone levels that day. That would be a positive spin on having to move your appointment back.
avaught likes this.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
October 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Still Trying for #1
I have never made a registry. I just pin nursery ideas I like on pinterest. Very infrequently though.

October 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
And I have to admit, I have an Amazon wish list of baby stuff. Sometimes it sates my baby obsession, but usually it just makes it worse!
lol I was hoping to sate my obsession by doing it as well. It was a moment of TOTAL weakness, but it just made things worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captivate View Post
TTC is a lifestyle and sometime it can totally take over.
I totally agree. TTC is definitely a lifestyle and it just takes over sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
Amazon is doing some promotion where anyone with a registry is entered to win a $500 gift card or something like that so I totally have one. I haven't looked at it since I made it though.
Now why'd you have to go and tell me that?! Now there's a perfectly logical reason for me to continue my craziness. Kidding. Thanks for the idea though! I think I'll try it. A chance to win $500 by fantasizing about having a baby and designing a nursery? I'll take it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyX View Post
Allie you can just look at it like this. You're just setting a goal in front of you. There's nothing wrong with adding visual motivation to our goals, right?

I was just thinking I'm not sure how long your cycle runs, but if you are between CD21 and CD23 when you go to your doctor's appointment you might be able to get a blood draw to check your progesterone levels that day. That would be a positive spin on having to move your appointment back.
I totally agree with the goal thing! What a great way to look at it. I don't feel so crazy anymore. Thanks. And that's a good idea about the pap. I might ask them when I get there though, cuz the silly military person who takes the hospital's calls won't understand. I asked if I could schedule a full checkup with the pap and she said she had no idea what the pap appointment included and didn't know how to schedule any sort of reproductive checkup, so I doubt she'd have any idea about progesterone. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search