I think I missed the point....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyX
  • 2 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
of eating a salad for lunch. It's not quite low calorie when you put an entire avacado and ranch dressing on a salad is it?
Oh well I guess I'm going to be eating salads for lunch all week. I'll make sure my next salad is a little bit more calorie friendly.
What do you guys like to put on your salads? Any good home made salad dressing recipes you ladies want to share?

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!

Last edited by BabyX; October 29th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
October 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Still Trying for #1
I love avocados! It isn't good as far as trying to lose weight, but I think that the key to losing weight is moderation. I lost 11 pounds in two months by just eating less.

I also love to put tomatoes on my salads. Cesar and vinagrette dressings are more calorie-friendly, but I do love ranch.

October 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb1029 View Post
I love avocados! It isn't good as far as trying to lose weight, but I think that the key to losing weight is moderation. I lost 11 pounds in two months by just eating less.

I also love to put tomatoes on my salads. Cesar and vinagrette dressings are more calorie-friendly, but I do love ranch.
Congrats on the weight loss. 11 pounds is quite an accomplishment in my book.

Normally I do not make my salads so decadent. I just couldn't help myself today. The avacado was so yummy. I have a raspberry vinagrette and and low calorie italian that I will be using on the rest of my salads this week. The ranch just sounded so good today. At least I know that the avacado is good for me.
mrsb1029 likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Still Trying for #1
It's a good source of potassium and folate.

I have been a bit lazy about food lately though because I have been eating more sweets, but at least I haven't gained anything back.

October 29th, 2012, 12:40 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
i love chipotle ranch lol

I was down to 155 (started at 174) but i was working out 3-5 days a week and my husband started getting overwhlemed with work, hunting, our 2 year old.. so I cut back which turned into stopping compltely and I gained ALL of it back

I am trying to cut out dr pepper and I think if I did that I will slowly start losing weight.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
October 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a fan of loads of dressing on my salads, so I like the squirtable ranch. Or I will cook some cubed chicken breast in teriyaki sauce and then just put that in the salad, with the sauce that sticks to the chicken as my dressing.
BabyX and mrsb1029 like this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Still Trying for #1
That sounds delish, Tasha!

October 30th, 2012, 05:51 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaught View Post
i love chipotle ranch lol

I was down to 155 (started at 174) but i was working out 3-5 days a week and my husband started getting overwhlemed with work, hunting, our 2 year old.. so I cut back which turned into stopping compltely and I gained ALL of it back

I am trying to cut out dr pepper and I think if I did that I will slowly start losing weight.
If you did it once you can do it again. I'm sure that cutting back on the sodas will do wonders. GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenoj View Post
I am not a fan of loads of dressing on my salads, so I like the squirtable ranch. Or I will cook some cubed chicken breast in teriyaki sauce and then just put that in the salad, with the sauce that sticks to the chicken as my dressing.
That does sound yummy. I'll have to try that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search