My appointment...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MercysMummy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my pap smear today. My doctor said that my cervix looked healthy and he didn't see anything wrong with it, so that reassured me. One of my thoughts was that I might have scar tissue blockage or something wrong with my cervix all together, so that's step one.

A little while after the pap, I felt like I had a TON of wet CM and checked, and there was lots of CM (mostly wet and thin, some thicker), and what felt like slightly hard/dryish tiny pieces of CM that I think might have been dried and blocked in my cervix! Does that make sense? It made me kinda happy cuz I haven't had a pap since before we started TTC, so if I had some sort of blockage the whole/most of the time, maybe there's nothing huge going on after all? I also have light periods (save for the first day or two) and hardly any CM/natural cervical fluid during intercourse, so maybe there was blockage? Then again, it just as easily could have been from BDing a few days ago, so I'll never know. Either way, it made me feel better for him to say things looked healthy, since I can't just take a look at my cervix at any moment.

I also talked with him about getting a referral to women's health about my infertility issues. I told him about my miscarriage in March. I only ever tell them about that one, since it was more "confirmed" in that I went to a doctor etc and I've always had a feeling that the second might have been a bad batch of tests, but there's no way to be sure now. Anyway, he said that since I did get pregnant in March, they most likely won't help me until March, because infertility is diagnosed as having a year of unprotected sex without ANY pregnancy, so I'll have to wait. But he still sent up a referral so I could talk with them. Ugh, it's been over a year without resulting in a pregnancy that was more than a week, if that! And those happen all the time. :/ I was thinking of telling them I wasn't positive, just thought it was a pregnancy, even though that's not really true. I know I had a chemical, even though my blood test was too low by the time I went in for labwork (HCG 3 about a week after my faint positives, period 2.5 weeks late, severely sore breasts even up to and during period, lack of sense of taste for weeks etc). I would kinda feel guilty, but if they won't help me because they think I'm going to happen to turn up pregnant in 3-4 months after this time of nothing, then I might have to. I'm feeling desperate. I'm not a fan of military doctors as far as things like this ... :/ I don't know, ladies, would that be terrible of me?

I also talked with DH about using opk's again and he said that he thought we were doing a lot better lately with not making sex a chore and he was really happy and felt that we had the old spark back, which made me happy. In the end, the answer was basically, use opk's if you want, but don't tell me when you're ovulating. lol! Which was what I've been doing anyway. hehe So we'll see. He was very interested in how the appointment went and seeing what we could do next, so that was reassuring too. He's just been stressed and worried about a lot of things lately, for a little while, he just didn't want to worry about TTC.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll keep you ladies posted on any news or appointments that come up.

Last edited by Allie_SMg; November 5th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
November 6th, 2012, 03:29 AM
MercysMummy's Avatar Super Mommy
If you tell a little white lie please don't feel bad! As much as you will always love the beautiful little angel you lost I'm sure he or she would want to see mummy have the rainbow baby you deserve! You KNEW you were pregnant and gave that baby the acknowledgement, love and grief he/she needed getting that help you need to conceive again is in no way not recognising the baby you lost IMO, good luck and wishing you the best
Allie_SMg likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
November 6th, 2012, 05:32 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
You know I don't understand why doctors want to make the 1 year w/o a pregnancy such a hard and fast rule. There is some testing that can be done that is not evasive that could give you an idea of some potential issues. They can do bloodwork to check your hormone levels to make sure that you are ovulating, to check your thyroid. I'm pretty sure there are some other blood tests out there to check estrogen and other hormones.

I'm glad that the appointment gave you and DH a chance to talk about TTC a little bit, and that you guys have come to a good compromise.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
November 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a productive appointment!!!
November 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I, too, wouldn't feel bad about telling a white lie like that. I wish you the best, sounds like you had a pretty good appointment. Hopefully soon you'll find out more answers.
November 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercysMummy View Post
If you tell a little white lie please don't feel bad! As much as you will always love the beautiful little angel you lost I'm sure he or she would want to see mummy have the rainbow baby you deserve! You KNEW you were pregnant and gave that baby the acknowledgement, love and grief he/she needed getting that help you need to conceive again is in no way not recognising the baby you lost IMO, good luck and wishing you the best
Thanks, hon! That's kind of what I was thinking, but I still feel a little bad. I'm going to wait and see what they tell me first. I'll call tomorrow, I missed their call yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyX View Post
You know I don't understand why doctors want to make the 1 year w/o a pregnancy such a hard and fast rule. There is some testing that can be done that is not evasive that could give you an idea of some potential issues. They can do bloodwork to check your hormone levels to make sure that you are ovulating, to check your thyroid. I'm pretty sure there are some other blood tests out there to check estrogen and other hormones.
I feel the same way, Audrey!If we haven't been successful in getting pregnant, or had a pregnancy that lasted past 10-12 weeks, then something is probably wrong and it's not just a fluke. Many many women have chemicals and don't even know it if they don't test early and with tests as sensitive as I did, so if I hadn't tested early, they would have helped me out earlier?

Last edited by Allie_SMg; November 6th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
November 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I wouldn't feel bad telling a white lie. It's not hurting anybody.

I'm pleased your cervix is healthy. Try epo for your cm. I did and I didn't get ewcm but I got fertile. Xxx

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I tried epo for a month and it didn't help my cm, but if it helped you, I'll try it! btw my women's health appointment is for December 4th. *sigh*

November 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everything looked okay! Hopefully it was a blockage that the pap someone loosened up and now your body is ready to go. I wouldn't feel bad about not telling about the pregnancy either. I think once you've been trying for a year and haven't had a live birth someone is wrong, whether it be inability to get pregnant or inability to stay pregnant.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search