Update on me (pregnancy mentioned) UPDATED, first post.

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies! How are we doing? Who is testing soon?
Sorry I haven't been on lately... I am worried that I might be leaving my DDC. If I do we probably wont be TTC again...

I had a bfp at 12dpo on a clearblue digital... and now I have tested with 2 other tests, and you can barely tell its positive. I have to hold it into the light and angle it to really see a second line...

I have looked online and I have read that clearblue digital have been known to give false positives... but today is day 2 of missed AF. I am cramping a little bit, but not AF cramps...
Testing again in a little bit... just thought I would keep you all updated.

Sorry if I made any of you upset, I have just been with you a lot longer than I have for my ddc, and I feel more comfortable here right now.
Hope all is well, and FX I see some more BFPs!

UPDATE
I am probably losing the baby, or have an ectopic. Results are not in for today, but the level from my first draw is 25. It should be much higher than that.... right?

Last edited by AIK112018; November 15th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
November 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Hey sweetie, you best not be come back!

Are you taking another digital? Do they do the digital with conception indicator like they do over here?

Oh hunni I am so upset right now. xxxx

You belong here until that babe is crying. xxx We have all been through too much together x

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
They ran out of the digitals So i had to get a +/- right now unfortunatley. It came out really light again. They do have the digitals with the conception indicators here, but I cant find any around me right now...
I can post pictures of the two I just took if you want...
November 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah go on post.

Right.. well I am 1/2 days late.. 10mui come on nice and bold for me, digis say pregnant but the 25+ mui tests are only faint still.. What sensitivity are they or what brand are they and ill do some looking for you. x

November 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
OK so I was wrong... they dont sell them in the US. Unless I buy them online thats disappointing
November 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Only different dollar store ones because thats what is nearby... Car isnt working so I have to wait until monday before I get a good test...

But the tests are Rexall, new choice, and family dollar one step.
November 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it may just be to early to get a dark line. You will be in my thoughts.
November 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
So my cell is dead, and I dont have my charger on me.
I cant take any pictures right now.
But I am copying photos of tests I see online that looks like the ones I took.... Here they are

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #68483 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #69160 | Countdown to Pregnancy

I can't find the third one but it is very similar to the ones above.

And here is my test from 12dpo (about 4-5 days ago?)

Its just weird to me, because with all three of my past pregnancies, I had a bold, no-doubt-about it positive the day of my missed af. :/
According to FF, Implantation was on the 2nd. So I thought the hcg would have built up enough by now...
Not sure what to think...
November 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hunni. I have just looked at all those tests and they are all at least 25miu.

My 25miu test looks like this. Top is yesterday, bottom is today. These are 25miu cheap tests. Here is what they look like, their sensitivity.

13/14dpo and 14/15dpo

And then compare it to the mui tests.

So you could well have just implanted later than it says. I wouldnt worry with those lines, look at mine and then decide. x
mommy_to_nico and AIK112018 like this.

November 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks positive enough for me
November 10th, 2012, 11:25 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lookin' Good to me! When will you go for betas??

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
November 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I just hope they will get darker. I am not used to getting such a light positive. That, including this cramping that I have been getting non stop for the past week, is making me a nervous wreck.

..I don't think I am going in for betas
My first appointment is on the 26th, and I have one of those offices, that would have been able to send me in for blood work as soon as I told them I had a positive test.
November 10th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The 26th?! We have to wait and agonize a whole 16 more days?! That's cruel. I'll write a letter to your doc and tell them how cruel it is to make my ttc sister wait that long for an appointment, if you want

In all seriousness though, I pray your pregnancy is a sticky one.
AIK112018 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
November 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Oh hunni.. me and thee have to wait then. My scan is the 5th Dec, nothing is being done before then. I am sure everything is ok. get a digi on Monday or even a frer xxx

November 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Clare, I am not getting a scan anytime soon unfortunatley. I doubt I will get one before january. They wont even do a blood test. I am starting not to like this new doctor, and I havent even met him yet :/
I am planning on picking up a frer on monday so I will keep you posted.
November 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
O.o CLARE! That's my birthday! I'm taking that as an awesome sign that you're going to get your sticky rainbow baby too!

Elizabeth, can you find a different doc? I live in PA. In my office, which is a woman's clinic in a major woman's hospital, will give you betas immediately after a Maybe you can look around and find something better? I pray you find what you need <3

2013 Mommy
November 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
If you aren't comfortable with your doctor, find another one! I have a wonderful obgyn, and since she knows I'm struggling, she will do Bloodwork early and wants me to come in right away if I get a positive. Life's too short to put up with an insensitive dr when you are struggling to conceive. JMO. :hugs:
November 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I agree, find a new doc. There must be something you can do. Firstly, get a frer Monday... then we shall all come up with a action plan.

I hate to think of you in limbo longer than me. xxxx

Dont they do bloods to confirm the pregnancy at your appt?

November 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I am assuming that it will just be a urine test.
The office usually sends me to another part of the hospital to do blood work, so I know they could have just faxed over the request form and I could have just gone there after I talked to them the first time.
When I called the office to tell them I had a positive hpt, the lady said "well, we usually wait a couple weeks for that" ... grr
November 10th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
Have you had complicated pregnancies? How long have you been ttc? It's amazing how different practices have these arbitrary policies, I think. My dr is in a huge practice. The office staff can be a little obnoxious sometimes about tests, etc, but I just tell them "She told me to come in" and they shut up. My dr isn't messing around. She wants me pregnant. She's shared some of her story with me (miscarriage at 7 weeks like I had), and a long fertility struggle as well. I think sometimes women drs can relate easier. I am really lucky. I have a dr I can talk to. I'd keep looking until you find a dr you like. Ask your friends - that's how I found my dr. Turns out, a LOT of the women in my family and many friends go to her. She's changed practices a few times for family reasons. I just follow her LOL.

Anyway, hang in there, but you need a doctor who listens to your concerns and takes them seriously. My dr will tell me when I'm being crazy, but if I'm worried about something, she checks it out. Always.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search