How did you meet your DH or SO?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 2 Post By MaggieB1112
  • 2 Post By Allie_SMg
  • 4 Post By Frozenoj
  • 3 Post By babydreams0809
  • 2 Post By avaught
  • 3 Post By v6pony
  • 2 Post By BabyX

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
How did you meet DH or SO?

Where did you go on your first date?

When was your first kiss?

How long have you been together?

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
November 23rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already had my oldest daughter and was about 7 months pregnant with my second daughter. I was sitting on my front porch putting my daughter's shoe on when my now DH passed me by. I only saw the back of his head. He resembled my very abusive first daughter's sperm donor (as I like to call him.) from behind, so I aimed the shoe at his head. He turned around, I apologized and he ended up asking me out on a date. I asked him if he knew I was pregnant and he said, "Pregnant women need to eat too, right?" After our first date, he told me he wanted to marry me (Even before he asked to be my boyfriend.) We like to think of eachother as soul mates fate brought together.
Church, believe it or not.
About 2 weeks after we started going out. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word, even if he won't admit it
3 yrs, 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days I love my ticker
BabyX likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
November 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 View Post
I already had my oldest daughter and was about 7 months pregnant with my second daughter. I was sitting on my front porch putting my daughter's shoe on when my now DH passed me by. I only saw the back of his head. He resembled my very abusive first daughter's sperm donor (as I like to call him.) from behind, so I aimed the shoe at his head. He turned around, I apologized and he ended up asking me out on a date. I asked him if he knew I was pregnant and he said, "Pregnant women need to eat too, right?" After our first date, he told me he wanted to marry me (Even before he asked to be my boyfriend.) We like to think of eachother as soul mates fate brought together.
Church, believe it or not.
About 2 weeks after we started going out. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word, even if he won't admit it
3 yrs, 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days I love my ticker
That is is such a sweet story.

November 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you
What's your story?? Can't wait to find out.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
November 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
MaggieB1112's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaggieB1112
How did you meet DH or SO? - We actually met as children, his sister took dance with me and my sisters, and as we grew up we were in a unicycling troupe together. We lost touch over the years but reconnected years later over facebook.

Where did you go on your first date? - Movies nothing terribly unique or exciting just fun and comfortable. I don't remember not kissing him.

How long have you been together?- Almost 3 years since we reconnected.
BabyX and FishermansWife4 like this.

November 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you meet DH or SO? We met while in the military together. We were in the same training. I was originally casually going out with a friend of his who arrived on the same day, but I always kinda liked Richard, and we were good friends. When the other guy and I stopped going out, we hung out a lot more and... our relationship just happened.

Where did you go on your first date? I honestly don't know what our "first date" was, because we were friends before and always hung out. Even when we first slept together, we weren't officially "together" so after that a relationship just developed from the friendship we already had and things we already did together.

When was your first kiss? About 4 weeks after we'd met.

How long have you been together? We've been married almost 14 months, together almost 2 years. We got married after we'd known each other about 9 months.

November 24th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you meet DH or SO? I met him in a video game. I needed help killing dragons in an underwater troll temple and the group finder put us together. I know, super nerdy. We were friends for a while before he finally convinced me to entertain the idea of a long distance relationship with someone I met online. I was so nervous of telling my friends/family because I knew they would make fun of me.

Where did you go on your first date? Honestly I don't remember. Our first "date" online would have been at my house in Winterspring. Well, you don't really have player houses but no NPC's lived there so I just claimed it as mine lol. I remember the first time he came to visit me we went to walmart because he forgot toothpaste or something and he bought me some chocolate skittles. I still have them.

Sometime during his first visit.

This is going to sound bad, but I don't know. My memory got messed up so I can't remember when things happened, only that they did. I have like no relation of time. I know I have a teddy bear he gave me for Valentine's day that has 2008 written on the foot and it was after I graduated from high school so sometime between 2006-2008. We have been married three years. I know that because it says so on my facebook.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
babydreams0809's Avatar Veteran
How did you meet DH or SO? We met at church. He was teaching 4 and 5 year olds and I was playing the piano in primary. He asked me if I would come into his class and teach his kids a song about the lesson they were having. He used that as an excuse so that he could call me the next day and say "thank you" then, he asked me out.

Where did you go on your first date? We had dinner at Hunan City and went and saw Meet the Robinsons. Dinner was a disaster, because the kitchen did a terrible job of sending our food out together. I got mine first, then he got his rice, and about 15 min later, he got his chicken that was supposed to come out with the rice.

When was your first kiss? I think we had been dating for around 4 or 5 months before I let him kiss me. I had never been kissed before, and was more then a little nervous.

How long have you been together? We have been together for 6 years, married for 2.5.
November 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
How did you meet DH or SO? We met in high school. He dated one of my friends for a few months and then they broke up.. she told me AWFUL AWFUL things about him (we're not friends any more) and I was so mean to him in school because of what I *thought* about him. Then on my 17th birthday he wished me a happy birthday via myspace and that was that lol.

Where did you go on your first date? Our first date wasn;t until a year later lol He hung out at my house A LOT but we never had an actual date. We went to applebees and then he took me for ice cream.

When was your first kiss? Our first kiss was Sept 19th, 2006! We were standing outside my parents house and he kissed me. *squeal*

How long have you been together? We started "talking" in Sept of 2006. But we both dated other people for the next year or so.. Then something snapped in my Sept 2007 and I KNEW I had to be with him. He had to be MINE lol and we hung out, went on dates, and stuff but we never became official until April of 2008. I told him I loved him even though we weren't together. and I knew I did. and then I went to spring break in Panama City my senior year with my best friend and he couldn't stop calling me lol when I got back he was like "i missed you, i love you, go out with me" and I said "well duh." and We've been together since April 12, 2008 and We've been married since July 9, 2011.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!

Last edited by avaught; November 28th, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
November 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM
v6pony's Avatar Veteran
How did you meet DH or SO? I met him when I was 15 years old in high school. It was the second day of my sophomore year and I had to get my schedule changed so I changed to this marketing class I had. I got there early and had a seat right at the front. A guy came in and looked at me weird and sat next to me. He told me later on that I had stole his seat, haha. I met him in August and he asked me out every day until I said yes. I finally told him I'd go out with him on January 25th. He was quite persistent.

Where did you go on your first date? We went to see a movie.

When was your first kiss? It was a couple of months after we started dating. I don't remember the day but I remember the moment like it was yesterday. We were in his parents Durango (neither of us had our drivers license yet) and they were taking me home. But they stopped at Lowe's for something. We stayed in the vehicle. It was dark and raining outside. I had my head on his shoulder and I looked up at him and we both leaned in and kissed each other. I'll never forget that moment.

How long have you been together? We started dating on January 25th, 2004. We got married June 6th, 2009. Been together for a little over 8 years and 10 months total and been married for almost 3 years and 6 months.
BabyX, FishermansWife4 and avaught like this.
November 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Everyone has such great stories. I like this thread.

How did you meet DH or SO? We met through my brother. (My brother was not a fan of our hooking up. )

Where did you go on your first date? We decided to go downtown and party on our first date. It was not the most awesome date in the whole world but it's memorable. I got so drunk that I ended up throwing up in his truck. Sexy right?

When was your first kiss? Our first kiss was actually before the first date. We were hanging out at my brothers house and we stayed up until everyone else went to bed. Right before he was leaving to go home it just happened. It made my toes curl. hehe

How long have you been together? We just celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary and we were together for a year before that. We got married on the anniversary of our first kiss.
FishermansWife4 and avaught like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search