Update on dr apt.

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By avaught
  • 1 Post By BabyX
  • 1 Post By avaught
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
well I had my dr apt.. let me just tell you that 1) my apt was at 315 and I didnt even get seen until 440.. so that kinda peeved me.. Good news is that all of my blood work came back normal. (i think? she didnt seem concerned). Bad news- I have to have an ultrasound tomorrow and see if my lining is think or thin.. if its thin she says "the only way to fix this is to go on BCP for 3 months".. if its thick i have to do provera again. but she said it's probably thin not thick.. i was a blubbery mess but i'm better now. I'm trying to stay positive. she said if I dont go on BCP she said that I would just have to wait and wait and wait.. she also gave me metformin.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
November 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you might have to go on BCP I know how dissapointed you must feel. I hope the ultrasound shows a very thick lining!!
avaught likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
November 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pregnancy prep is supposed to thicken your uterine lining. I'm really against going on BCP when TTC because so many people have a hard time conceiving after BCP. It seems counter productive to me. But hey, I'm not doctor. I'd try pregnancy prep first, though, JMO.
November 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm really torn right now.. Just try to trust my dr and go on BCP and see how it is 3 months from now. or go through the hassle of paying for all of this stuff again and getting a second opinion. I don't want to go on BCP but I don't want to have to wait for however long it will be until i get my af wahhhh

November 29th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Have you tried high doses of vitamin C (10-12 grams, no more) to kick start your period? I did that twice and it worked for me both times. If you do this, make sure the vitamin c does NOT have bioflavonoids or it won't work.

You can also try parsley tea. Parsley tea is considered to be the most effective as a mild emmenagogue as it relaxes the cervix to allow release of menstrual material. Fresh herbs are best. Water should be placed into a pan and allowed to boil, and then bring the water down to a simmer adding a handful or two of chopped parsley, allow to steep for approximately half an hour. The tea is then strained and honey can be added for a better taste. If using fresh herbs seems too much of a fuss parsley tea bags are readily available, however it should be made with warm, not boiling water as boiling water will result in the parsley loosing some of it's potency - although if using dried herbs it is important to get as fresh as possible. Tea should be drunk four times a day, and will usually induce a period quite fast. Parsley can also be used in the vagina itself, a few sprigs inserted into the vagina changed every twelve hours can have the same effect as tea.
November 29th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Thank you lost. I am going to look both of those up today after work. I have an ultrasound today at 315 to see how my lining looks.. but i'm sure my dr won't tell me anything until my next dr apt so I will probably try to induce my own period. I'm just feeling really really really depressed today. like I just want to cry non stop. And of course I have to meet with our works auditor again today.. she's super nice, but I have a feeling I will be crying at some point. I'm not good at keeping it in.
alittlelost likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Andrea I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad right now. I like the tea idea. It's definitely worth a shot. I also agree that based on what I have read Pregnancy Prep will help to thicken your lining if that is the issue. Also red raspberry leaf tea can do the same. It can take 3-6 months for it to really start doing the job, but if you were going to have to wait for 3 months for the BCP to do it's job it's kind of the same thing.
You're doctor is making me mad. Why she is so fixated on putting you on birth control is just craziness. It sounds like she's either just being stubborn or she just really doesn't know much about the TTC process.
I had a lady doctor when I was very young. Probably about 20. I really had no clue about anything reproductive. I asked her why sometimes I would have so much wet discharge. She told me it had something to do with being dehydrated. What???!!!! Knowing what I know now I realize that she was a total moron. It was obviously fertile CM.
If you were to change doctors you could have your records transferred to the new doctor, and hopefully because it is all so current you wouldn't have to repeat some of the testing.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
November 29th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyX View Post
Andrea I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad right now. I like the tea idea. It's definitely worth a shot. I also agree that based on what I have read Pregnancy Prep will help to thicken your lining if that is the issue. Also red raspberry leaf tea can do the same. It can take 3-6 months for it to really start doing the job, but if you were going to have to wait for 3 months for the BCP to do it's job it's kind of the same thing.
You're doctor is making me mad. Why she is so fixated on putting you on birth control is just craziness. It sounds like she's either just being stubborn or she just really doesn't know much about the TTC process.
I had a lady doctor when I was very young. Probably about 20. I really had no clue about anything reproductive. I asked her why sometimes I would have so much wet discharge. She told me it had something to do with being dehydrated. What???!!!! Knowing what I know now I realize that she was a total moron. It was obviously fertile CM.
If you were to change doctors you could have your records transferred to the new doctor, and hopefully because it is all so current you wouldn't have to repeat some of the testing.
Exactly! Plus with the PP instead of the BCP there's still the chance to get pregnant during those 3 months or sooner following those 3 months. I also agree with the idea of BCP is infuriating. Why not give you a shot to jump start provera? I might even try something like progesterone cream for 10 days, then stop taking it (because your body might respond to that shift in hormones, when progesterone comes down, AF starts). There's so many options to just jump to using BC, which imo seems like the worst and least productive option.
November 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I just hate the thought of having to go back on BCP. I get SO depressed. plus its winter. I live in Indiana where its always 30 degrees and dark from the time i leave my house for work until I get back home from work. I don't want to be even more depressed because i cant have any babies, or have any chance for 3 months. Plus what happens when I come off of BC and the same thing is happening? I've never been regular.. even when I was on BCP before I had my DS. I wasn't regular.. I guess maybe she just doesnt even get it.. and plus I am SO bad at taking a pill every day that I'm sure it wont help me at all. idk. I'm only 23.. so I know I "have plenty of time to have a baby" but I don't want my children more than 4 years part. because they won't have ANYTHING in common (this may seem crazy to some lol) My oldest sister is 9 years older than me and we talk, but not like me and my 2 sisters who are 2 years older than me and 3 years younger. I also have a little sister 16 years younger than me and of course have nothing in common with her. lol I just want my kids to be able to grow up together and go to the same schools. if I had known i would be having this much trouble now I would have never gone on BC after I had DS.
alittlelost likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 07:21 AM
awe hon ***hugs***

I think you need to kick start AF and then go on pregnancy prep. pregnancy prep should balance out your cycles. For me, it made me O earlier and made my LP longer. You could also try that soy stuff people talk about that is supposed to be like clomid but all natural? Because IMO what you need is for your body to have the appropriate hormone surges at the appropriate times to make your cycle normal. Your hormones sound out of whack. (I don't see how BC would fix that because coming off BC usually makes TTC harder).
November 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe, Andrea Can we all call your doc and tell her how much of an idiot she's being about the bcp?? I definitely agree with the other ladies about trying all natural suppliments as opposed to the bcp. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, dear, including the bcp. I wish there was more I knew that could help you. I pray your lining is 'normal.' Let us know how the ultrasound goes! When I had mine done, they were able to tell me my results as they were doing it. Maybe you'll get lucky and have that expieriance too? Good luck!
alittlelost likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
November 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Had my ultrasound. They did an internal and external. All she said was that my ovaries were really high lol. I did notice one ovary was perfect round and the other was more like a hot dog. That probably means nothing but I'm sure I will have to wait until my next apt to know. I did get my prescription today. And I don't know why but there was another one for provera. So I have to call her Tom to see if I need to take another 10 days.

November 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You already know I don't think you should go on BCP without at least trying some of the other stuff first, but I wanted to post it again. It might be a good idea to find a new doctor anyway, as this one doesn't seem very helpful. That way if you have any other problems you will already be established.

Did she say why she put you on metformin?
alittlelost likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 30th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Lol Tasha you're funny. She said " sometimes women become insulin resistant and this will help "

November 30th, 2012, 06:44 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
So what was the results on your lining?

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I called today and my dr isn't in Apparently. I guess I will find out at my next apt in 2 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search