Ultrasound Update

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyX
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By avaught
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj
  • 1 Post By captivate

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
KittyKate's Avatar Regular
Hello Ladies!

I am a total lurker lately, just wallowing in yet another AF disappointment with nothing to report. But I am always here reading. Congratulations to all the BFPs!!! It's been so exciting & encouraging to watch

So I finally got myself in to get the internal ultrasound I should have had 2 months ago. My tech was awesome, she showed me everything & explained what she saw. So many times the tech I get keeps quiet, turns the screen away from me & says my Dr. will explain later.

Apparently I DO have an endometrium about 2 inches in diameter, but she didn't think it was impeding my conception chances or that my Dr. would want to remove it (scar tissue=bad). But she also showed me that I have a lot of eggs & follicles in there, mature & ready to go. So that's good. And some fluid in one of my tubes? Not loving that, but she said not to worry. She showed me the largest egg/follicle & said she thought that would be my next egg to drop. How amazing would it be if that was my BFP & I got to SEE the egg???

I asked about laying on my back with my hips elevated after BD, & she said since both my ovaries hang out together on the right (lucky me, right?), that I should try lying on my side after BD instead, maybe alternating sides. Thought that was interesting, not sure if any of you ladies have "differently placed" ovaries such as myself & if this may apply to you.

Anyway, my Dr. should call by Thursday evening with her thoughts & next steps in TTC over 6 months. So I'm slightly encouraged Definitely relieved. I was beginning to panic that I wasn't just gaining belly fat & that I had another eggplant-sized endometrium & would have to have another major surgery! Getting fat I can handle, I've never been so happy to be gaining weight in my life!

To you all!!!

It's so good to have a place to go where we're all in the same boat
Thank you all ever so much

KittyKate
*meow*
December 5th, 2012, 05:42 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I'm glad that you had such a great ultrasound tech. It's definitely nice to have some idea of what's going on immediately rather than having to wait for the doctor to call you back. FX'd that the eggie you saw on the ultrasound is the one. That would be kind of cool to be able to tell your baby someday I saw you when you were just an egg.
KittyKate likes this.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
December 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm so glad you got an awesome ultrasound tech. It really is discouraging when you don't. FX this is your month!
KittyKate likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
December 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
wow! That is awesome!!! I'm glad you got to see the EGG .. how flipping cool is that?!?! I hope your dr calls you back soon and gives you a great idea of what they want to do next
KittyKate likes this.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
December 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really cool about the egg. Did you get a picture of it? Probably not. I think I would have asked for one just in case so I could add it to the scrap book as the first u/s if you did get a BFP!
KittyKate likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
December 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
That sounds like it was a great appointment. Good luck and it would be seriously awesome if you got your bfp this cycle. xx
KittyKate likes this.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

December 9th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Thank you all

I will keep you posted, & if it does turn out to be my BFP (please please PLEASE!!!) I will definitely ask for a copy of that shot of the egg!

KittyKate
*meow*
December 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Ugh...so no word from Dr until today when a nurse called with the "results" of my ultrasound. I had specifically asked that my Dr call me, as she has in the past. So I got a not-so-informed nurse on my call-back.

According to her, they want me back in 3 months for another internal ultrasound. She mentioned something about my left ovary being swollen Anyone have any experience with that or know what causes it???

She also referred to something being "smaller" then it had been in 2011. Didn't seem to know what, & when I asked about TTC, she said she didn't see why not. But she was so uninformed-seeming, I requested again that my Dr call me back so we can discuss it further. She assured me by tomorrow evening. So yay.

I really dislike this swollen ovary terminology. Could this have to do with the apparent fluid in one of the tubes?

Thanks as always, ladies

KittyKate
*meow*
December 12th, 2012, 08:22 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I'm not so sure about the swollen ovary thing. I've not heard of this before. I hope your DR. does call you and you get some better information. Keep us posted.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search