Is it time I try Clomid? Any advice?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hopingfor2bri
  • 1 Post By Blew86

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi all! So my hubby and I stopped preventing late spring/ early summer this year (after only 2-3months being on b.c. and not being on it for 2 years previously while I was pregnant and nursing our first). I have been actively trying and using opk's since my cycle in Sept, but am not sure that I'm actually ovulating. I know I could temp, but I worry about it being accurate since I do get up in the middle of the night and different times in the morning and I don't know if that would affect it?

I feel like every month I do everything right, but maybe I need help? Anyone out there tried clomid or know more about it?

Thanks for your help!
December 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
hopingfor2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
If I were you I would try temping even under your circumstances. Since waking up multiple times a night is your normal your temps will still show a normal pattern and a thermal shift. It's somewhat controversial on this board but I chosee to try natures version of clomid soy isoflavones which you can buy OTC at drugstores etc anywhere that sells vitamins. They are phytoestrogens and trick your body into thinking there's not enough estrogen so it produces more and produces a stronger sooner ovulation. You take them the same way you would clomid CDs 1-5,2-6,3-7 or 5-9. I took them and got a bfp both cycles unfortunately they ended in mc but I have found through charting etc. That I have q progesterone issue and short lp so I will need progesterone supplements to maintain a pregnancy. Unless u are going to order it online most Dr's will require one year f trying with o bfp to prescribe clomid unless you have pcos etc. There is a very good chance your body is just still regulating after breastfeeding etc. Wouldn't worry too much but I would give charting a shot and look into supplements like vitex or soy etc. Before you try clomid but this is only my opinion. Gl and fx u get a bfp before any intervention is required.
Brianna- Mommy to DS, Brayden Chase 09/01/06 TTC#2

December 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Question: is the time between your +OPK and AF the same each cycle? Like do you always get AF x-many days after your positive? If you do then you probably are ovulating. You can get AF without O'ing but it would be weird I think if the time between was always the same and you weren't O'ing.

I would at least give charting a shot. Figure out the earliest time you usually get up, and set an alarm for that time. Take your temp then and just go back to sleep if it's one of the days you wake up later. I have a super messed up sleep schedule and I'm still able to see a pattern.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
December 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM

Thanks for the extra info! I will def look into those methods too!
I think I have about a 13 day leutal phase (depending on how long before O I catch a +opk). But the problem is that I still am not certain if I actually O'd or not. This cycle (currently on CD22), I had many very close to positives for a couple days before I got my OKAY YES THAT'S POSITIVE on the opks. I was supposed to O on CD 12 (assuming my average 25 day cycle), and did have O pains that day, and did dry up afterwards. But then I continued having O pains (although less severe) for the next few days and had +opks for 5+ days...?!?!

So since I do have strange lengths in cycels(sometimes 23, sometimes 28 but most are 25ish), I can never predict without opks when my O day will be or how long my leutal phase really is.
December 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
What kind of opks are you using? Some are more sensitive than others and give many positives I only trust cb digi for myself when I use ic, or an kindof strips I get many positives bc I guess my body has a lot of LH in it. One month I got like 8 positives when I didn't have the digital ones and the digital ones always seem to line up with my ewcm, temps and lp. Fx you get your bfp soon I also agree with Tasha about the ovulation thing

December 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
I had been using Answer opk strips and they've worked pretty well for be on past cycles. Today is cd 25 and af should be here any time (unless I O'd late). Thanks so much for the support, ladies! I will let you know if I get that BFP!

KMFX for us all
December 31st, 2012, 11:21 AM
I had a feeling answer strips are the devil that might explain some of your confusion. They tend to register positive or nearly positive anytime your LH or estrogen is elevated which is frequently throughout the month. The one month I got 8 positives was when I was using answers. And I was soo confused. I figured since the hpt's are good the opks would be too but then I did some research and talked to a lot of ladies who had the same neg experience and had even written the company. I would recommend using a different opk. They are actually the same strip as the target up and up opk strips, rite aid and cvs so if u can't splurge on the digitals I would get some generic midstream tests or wondfo brand which are really cheap on the Internet. Snce you are not temping and have only used those it's hard to say when or if you are ovulating but if u seem to be getting a period after the same amount of days each month after your pos opk then maybe they are working for you. Also make sure if u haven't already been doing this that you start opks at around cd8-10 and use them in the afternoon . Fmu doesn't work for opks like hpt's and once you start seeing a line start using them 2x a day like 3pm and 8pm sometimes surges can be so quick you'll miss them. I have some months gotten only one real positive and O'd the next day and ifi hadn't tested at night I would have missed it. I hope that the answers were right for u this month and u get your bfp. Fx and gl kup
avaught likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingfor2bri View Post
It's somewhat controversial on this board but I chosee to try natures version of clomid soy isoflavones which you can buy OTC at drugstores etc anywhere that sells vitamins. They are phytoestrogens and trick your body into thinking there's not enough estrogen so it produces more and produces a stronger sooner ovulation. You take them the same way you would clomid CDs 1-5,2-6,3-7 or 5-9.
So AF showed up right on time. Ho- hum But at least it confirmed that I O'd regularly and that I have a normal 13/14 day leutal phase. So why is the nature's version of clomid so controvercial? Is there anything else you recommend for this cycle as well?
January 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Praying for a babe!
I have been on clomid for my 3rd cycle.
I have read of women using mucinex too. My gf was telling me to try it back in December and she got pregnant that month.
Davis720 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
February 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
I would recommend temping too. I work nightshift so I don't have normal sleeping patterns at all. Sometimes I sleep during the day and sometimes at night. My OB knows this and still had me to temp once a day when ever I wake up. My temps are consistent and when I get a spike I usually have a positive OPK. I use clear blue digital OPK's and have never had multiple positives during one cycle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search