provera and clomid?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 04:58 PM
Veteran
me and my husband have been trying for eight months now, and i've always have slightly irregular cycles (every two or three months) and i wasn't doing well with getting pregnant, and i'm also very overweight from previous depression meds. so my doc put me on the provera challenge (three months of provera, ten days each month) to get my cycles back to normal, i am going to be starting my second round on the 24th. then she is going to put me on clomid.

well, the day i started the provera, i had been spotting for four days and it just stopped, which is not normal for me, i never spot, not even before a period, so i took my first round and the day after i finished, i had a full period, it last five days and ended, no problems. no cramps, nothing. five days after that induced period, my breasts were in pain, i was super gassy, and getting migraines, and i couldn't manage to keep myself awake, so i thought maybe the spotting had been implantation...nope. negative test.

so my question is, is anyone on provera or done the three month provera challenge then start on clomid? what were the results? any side effects?
February 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI! I did provera a few times. I started TTC March of 12' and finally got my bfp this month. I was going to try clomid but we never got in to the RE. Provera might have done the trick. I came off of the bcp in Feb 12' and had wacky cycles ever since.

I don't know if that helps but it's my story. I've seen both sides of the coin, TTC for 11 months. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If you're on zyprexa for depression you might try coming off of it and see where that leads you with your cycles and ovulation. I recommend talking to your doctor first as I don't know your medical history nor am I a doctor.

With whatever you choose to do about your fertility and your medications, I wish you the best and lots and lots of dust!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Veteran
I have no experience with provera but I have done clomid a few time. I too gained a lot of weight from antidepressant meds and been off 1 year and slowly lost 35 pnds and still losing. I must wanted to wish you good luck!!
Irene Mom to 9 and ttcing #10
Married to my best friend 23 yrs!
5 Girls and 4 Boys

9 First Trimester Angels
Elija 17w Angel
Angel 17w Angel

DS 22(Mar12) DD 20(Jan3) DD 18(July6) DD 11(Oct18) DS 10(May18) DD 8(Jan9)
DS 7(Sept27) DS 5(Sept20) DD 2(June2)
TTCing #10 with unexplained infertility and 1 tube.

My Ovulation Chart
February 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
DH and I started trying June 2012. I had very irregular cycles at that time. Went to an OB in December and was diagnosed with PCOS. I was started at that time on Provera. My cycle started just a few days after I finished my 10 days on Provera. I only had AF type symptoms (sore boobs & cramping) In January I went back to my OB and was then started on Clomid and Metfomin. Four days after I ovulated while taking met and clomid I began having cramping, sore boobs, headaches, nausea and gassy. Over the next two weeks I continued to have cramping and sore boobs every day. I really thought I was pregnant. Unfortunately I started spotting when it was time for me to start my next cycle. I went back to see my OB and I was not pregnant, although she did tell me that all of my pregnancy like symptoms were strange. I was unable to continue taking Clomid this cycle because I had developed enlarged cysts on one ovary, which is a side effect of clomid when you have PCOS. This cycle I have only been taking metformin and I had a positive OPK today!!! Hopefully this time we will get our BFP. Good luck to you, I hope this was helpful
March 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Veteran
thanks so much for the input and luck! i started my period before i even finished my ten days this month, so hopefully it's getting back on track! only one more dose to go and i can start clomid! so excited!
March 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
I took 2 cycles of Provera to start my cycle. Clomid completely messed up my period I didn't have a cycle for two and half months

But once the Provera kicked in boy did it work, and I just started Femara
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search