Wanted to say hello and introduce!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
My name is Danielle and I am 29 and my husband who is 27 and I have been trying now for 6 months to conceive our first. My husband and I are coming up on our one year anniversary in November and in May we decided it was time to start trying for a little one and honestly we figured it would happen sooner rather than later. I have been pregnant once before, but a long time ago (at the age of 20), but did not carry the baby to term. It's becoming very difficult to see these BFN's every month. We are on somewhat a time constraint because I have multiple sclerosis and in order to ttc, I have had to discontinue my monthly infusions and I cannot be placed on a another form of therapy due to potential harming of the baby if I do conceive.
I have been off meds now for 5 months in hopes that I do get pregnant soon because my neurologist says pregnancy is like a form of therapy for MS, as due to the change in hormones, your body goes into complete remission. I will have to get a follow-up MRI next month to make sure I do not have additional brain and spinal lesions and if I do, I will need to make a difficult choice, chance worsening my health if there are additional lesion and changes that cannot be reversed in order to continue trying to start medication again. I am hoping there are no negative changes on my MRI. I also have a retroverted uterus, which I am told should not make the process much more difficult. Who knows! I feel a little hopeless sometimes, but in the tww, I get a 2nd wind and start to hold onto hope. I'm a pretty positive person so I am just going to be so happy to finally see a BFP!
My obgyn has advised that she normally won't start an infertility work up, but due to my MS, she will start a work up after the 6 month mark so we're just praying that we won't have to do that and maybe we caught the little eggy this time around.
I also wanted to thank you all for being there when I needed answers and advise and just someone to "talk" to.
I had high hopes that when I stopped BC I would become pregnant quickly. My husband and I are both pretty active, eat pretty healthy etc., but this is proving to be more difficult.
I am extremely vitamin d deficient, as are most people with ms, which I have had for 7 years now and have been doing great. I started taking additional vitamin d supplements, as well as folic acid, vitamin b-12 and b-6, as well as a prenatal. The prenatal I have been one for the past 6 months, but this cycle I just started the additional D and B vitamins so I am really hoping that will help. We also started using pre-seed last cycle. This was the first cycle that I actually had ewcm though so I am pretty excited.

Here's to hoping this is it for us! Best of luck to everyone out there. FX'd!

Last edited by YellieBean; October 19th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
October 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Regular
Hi Danielle, I'm Tiffany! My husband and I have been trying for our first for almost 7 months now. I hope that everything goes well with you and you get your bfp soon!
October 20th, 2013, 04:35 PM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Tiffany!! I hope the same for you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search