New to the board- ttc 7 months- regular to irregular?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Hey Ladies!
I am new to this board. Most of the ladies in my life concieved on their first or second try, so I was looking for some support from people who know what I'm going through. My husband and I have been ttc since we got married in July. Prior to getting married, AF was so timely, every 35 days, to the hour. Since august, AF has been very irregular, with every month being a little later. So every month when it was late, my hubby and I got super excited, with no positive results. At this point, the last time I got AF was Dec 7 (later than its ever been). I take a test once a week just to make sure, and it always comes back negative, but at this point I'm over a month late. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
February 11th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Veteran
I'm not really sure why that's happening but I'd go to the doctor to see if they can figure it out. AF has usually been steady for me, sometimes a day or so early/late but nothing way overdue, so I'm no help :-(
February 11th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I have an appoinment with my dr on Monday. We'll see how that goes. Obviously it would be great if i am pregnant, but obviously if not, I want to know what the problem is.
June 16th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Regular
Hi there!

I think I can relate. DH and I did the NTNP thing last August through December, with me going off the pill in August. Cycles were super regular -- 28-31 days -- even with some big job-related stress. Then AS SOON AS we started ACTIVELY TTC in January of this year, my cycles went COMPLETELY out of whack -- 32 days, 43 days, even skipped a whole cycle in February. In fact, I even had pseudocyesis then, and that was heartbreaking. I really thought I was pregnant. Had every single symptom, even "felt" pregnant. Like you, everyone I know got pregnant right away. My friend and her DH decided to start TTC last year, tried once, boom -- she just delivered a baby boy a few days ago. I can barely talk to her, I'm so jealous. It's just not fair! My mom conceived me right away, my grandma had four girls, and my DH was conceived by accident on date #2! My good friend got pregnant with her first a few months after going off the pill, then they didn't use a condom one time, and boom, she got pregnant with her second. The stories abound, and they're so frustrating. And every time AF is late and you see that BFN, you just want to sob. In fact, I usually do, and it takes me days to get over it.

Anyway, I'm wondering if stress is doing this to you -- the stress of actively TTC. Have you been traveling or anything like that? I traveled for business in April of this year and got severely dehydrated, and that threw off my cycles, too. I want a baby so badly that I trick my body into doing crazy things. One tip for ya: I did just go in for a progesterone test last week, on CD21, and it was low (9). However, my OB called today and said that because of my longer cycles (I'm now averaging 42 days), I should come in on CD35 for a more accurate reading. So, if you decide to get a progesterone test, MAKE SURE you're getting tested on the right CD for your cycle!!!

Hugs and baby dust to you. I hope you figure things out. Keep us updated, and PM me if you'd like to talk some more

~Rabbiduck

Oh dear, I just saw how old this post was. I guess people don't hang out in this forum much. I hope you finally got your BFP!!!

Two rescued furbabies (kitties): June 2009 and March 2008

Baby dust and wishes to all those TTC!

PM me anytime!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search