We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Okay update on my doc appointment. The OB/GYN is most definitely a doctor. I wanted to kick him when he told me we really had been trying since I was still breastfeeding my youngest the majority of that time. So, officially in his mind, we've only been trying for almost two cycles. GRRR! Anyway, I just brushed it off. He told me that I can't really tell about my lp until after I haven't breastfed at all for 6 months. It was short when I was trying for my youngest, so it's a consistent problem, not something that's just occured due to breastfeeding. I so like the midwife better.
Anyway, he looked at the films from the HSG and said that the septum is rather large, at least coming down half-way if not a little more than that. If I had never gotten pg or had recurrent miscarriages, then he would say that it had to come out immediately in order for me to get pg. But, since I've had two full term pregnancies and one miscarriage, he thinks that I can still get pg and carry to term just fine. If I chose to have the surgery to remove it, there's no guarantee on the percentage of risk of uterine rupture during labor. It's pretty much a guessing game on how much of the septum to cut since it's hard to determine how close they are to the fundus. So, they could leave it pretty thick or it could be very thin at the top, the thinner, the higher the chance of a uterine rupture. If I did have the surgery, he'd let me decide if I wanted to labor or just have a c-section since I have had two big babies vaginally, but if it did rupture, they'd only have about five minutes to get the baby out to avoid damage to it.
So, I decided for now to hold off on surgery and see what happens. If I miscarriage again, it's most likely due to the septum and then he's recommend more strongly the surgery. I also decided to hold off on the laparascopy for the endo for the time being. Since I've started doing the progesterone cream like the midwife had suggested along with the B6 my endo hasn't been so bad, so I'm doing fairly good there. If it gets bad, I can call and schedule surgery.
I'm pretty much just hoping that if I do conceive that the little egg implants in a good spot and not on or near the septum.
Mommy to Brandon (8) and Edward (6)
Emma and Ellie (7 Months)