Anyone out there as frustrated as me????

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a while. Still trying though. This is month 16 of trying. How frustrating. I went to the gyno in January for my anual and explained it still hadn't happened and once again all she said was "it will." She is confident it will happen because we each already have a child. I feel she isn't taking it serious as I want her to. I feel something may be wrong but she swears these things just take some time. But god, 16 months? That's a long time considering I conceived my son in just one month. I'm almost 28 and DH will be 35. My son will be 7 and his will be 9. We are getting older and so are our kids. The longer it takes the more I am concerned about how my body will react to another pregnancy after so long and how our sons will adjust to a new baby at their age. Anyone out there as frustrated as me?

March 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, you NEED to go to a different GYN. It'd be even better for you to go to RE since it's been over a year and they specialize in getting women pg. It's true that there may be nothing wrong and for some reason it's just not happening, but it's more likely that something isn't quite right when it takes over a year.

It could be something simply like needing clomid to help produce a stronger ovulation, or it could be something more serious. For one thing, sperm count and quality can change drastically in even 6 months time frame. So, just because your dh has produced an offspring before does not mean everything is fine and dandy in that department NOW.

I'm getting very frustrated with it not happening so easily. It's never been super easy for any of the times I've gotten pg, but all three times were by the "average" of 6 months. This time, I'm on cycle 11 of trying, and I'm going nuts. Of course, I know what problems I'm dealing with. I think I'd be going more nuts if I didn't know.

March 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i agree get a new gyno.
and i know just how you feel....i had no problem getting preggo with my first...but my second took around 22months.....and i believe we are on cycle 9 this round...some times it just takes a long time.....but if you feel that there is something wrong then go get a second opinion......i hope you get your BFP soon hun. if you ever need a shoulder to yell on i feel free to pm me.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
March 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I think you guys are right I need a new gyno. My DH keeps swearing it will happen also and I want him to be concerned like I am. He makes me feel like a panic freak because I want to see doctors and find out if something is wrong. Everyone keeps thinking just because we have gotten PG with other people before then there is no issue. I'm not so sure. It's upsetting me big time about how non-chalant dh is and my gyno. So I think I'm going to find a new doc and make an appointment this week. I am trying to keep my composure and not flip out on my husband but I am so emotional right now about all this. It's frustrating and it seems I'm the only one out of the two of us who is feeling it.

March 4th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Super Mommy
Hi! I just wanted to add that although I haven't had any kids yet, my gyno told me that if nothing happens in 6 months to make an appointment. I am glad that he is very aggressive. I would say get another doctor if yours isn't on the same page as you and your timeframe. Good luck
TTC#1 since 9/06</span>

View my chart please!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1880f0
March 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel hun! My doctor acts really flippant about it all as well. I was seeing him for months and he actually even had me on Clomid. But nothing was working and he just said you have to give it time. Which is NOT what I want to hear. He never said we should run this test or this test. Nope- just sort of blew me off. DH is sort of the same way except just the other day I was crying and he didn't even have to ask me what about. We are now on month 9 of TTC #2- and I have cried about it so much that he just knows what all the drama is about. He said- I think if it doesn't happen at least by the end of my April cycle that we should see someone. He finally said that if he needs to get tested he will do that which was such a relief for me. I think with men, if you just back off and let them wonder and worry the way you do- they will come to it in their own time. Flip the tables on him and just act like you are not concerned any more. You have been worrying enough for the both of you. Let it be his turn to start to stress over it. I hope you find a good doctor that will listen to your needs. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search