13 months

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM
nikkim382's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies...this is our 13th month TTC and I finally called the Dr.....our appointment is on the 13th (ironic?!?) what should we expect....do you think they will do any testing ? I hope so.

p.s. it has been a while since i have been on jm - trying to not be soo stressed about ttc, but am back now! yay!

Waiting patiently for my little Leila
</div></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">
</div>
March 7th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They will ask you a lot of questions about your cycle...whether or not you are regular...they will ask about your sex life....ideally, they want you to have sex every other day while TTC. They will ask if you have ever had surgery on any of your female organs, if you have a history or cancer in your family....they will ask if your husband wears boxers or briefs....

I just had my appt the beginning of February and they sent me in for tests to check my hormone levels and everything....they are putting me on Clomid this month

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Brandi
March 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
JellyBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice for you, but did want to say good luck!!
March 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! Know what your going through, it's been 17 months for me and dh. Went to the doc 3 times and she has just decided to do a sperm analysis test on him. We have each had a child though with other people so obviously we can achieve pregnancy. But I have topic posted on here titles "did you know this" and it had an article there that I found on the babydust.com site about studies that were done and showed that docs are now suggesting that couples try for 18 to 24 months before seeking assistance from there docs. Apparently ttc for 12 months with no success it the "clinical" definition of infertility but the studies proved that most couples regardless of age conceived naturally during the second year of ttc. Gave me a little hope that it will happen soon since dh and I have no known medical issues. The doc will ask plenty of questions though and probably start with your hubby and test his sperm. Good luck and I hope that helped a bit.

baby dust

March 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi
When we went to our first appt they scheduled us for alot of different tests that were all based on my cycle days. I had an hsg, blood tests, biopsy,gluclose test, and dh had a s/a. Since then Ive also had a laparoscopy. For me everything happened really fast after that 1st appt and we finally got some answers. I hope it happens that way for you as well.
Good Luck!

March 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM
nikkim382's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls for the replies! I am nervous but excited @ the same time! The appt is tomorow @ 1:45 ..and it cant come any faster!

Waiting patiently for my little Leila
</div></div><div align="center">
</div><div align="center">
</div>
March 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
Make sure you let us know how it goes. I had my first appt last month. We had a few tests to do and DH had is SA....now I am getting ready to start Clomid for a IUI to be done shortly. I hope everything works out for you.

</div>
March 14th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
how did your appointment go? REally good i hope, DH and i have to wait till August 23rd for ours

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search