Little bit of a whine

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend's sister is due with a boy in June. She lives 1000 miles from us, so I am helping my friend plan the baby shower. The invitations had to go out yesterday since all the people live in MA and we're mailing them from FL. Anyway - My friend told her sister repeatedly she needs to register somewhere so we could put this in the invitations. Well she never did and when my friend would push her about it she would say she doesn't have time. Mind you she has all kinds of time to go out and PARTY, not work, and mooch off her friends. Finally her sis told her to register for her. My friend has no kids, never really been around them and her sister wants her to register for her?
So I spent my afternoon yesterday registering for this girl who I've never met and she obviously has no desire for this baby. I even had my friend call her to see if she had colors for the nursery that she wanted for bedding. Nope, she didn't care.
SHE'S HAVING A BABY!! HER 1st BABY!! And she doesn't care about anything with the nursery or even registering for her baby shower? If she was young I would blame it on her age, but she's not, she's MY AGE!
I was thinking about this during the night and the more I thought about it the more it ticked me off. She can get pg, not care one once about her baby, and dh and I can't have one? WTH?
Ok, that's my rant, thanks for listening.
March 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
JellyBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah....I can understand your frustration. I've known a couple women like that, they just don't care.

I really don't understand it either.

March 12th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
oh i'm sorry you have to deal with that, i don't understand how women can not care, it really isn't fair to all us ladies ttc

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

March 12th, 2007, 09:36 AM
milo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(HUGS)

New Plan Of ACTION~~Lose weight and exercise, wait for referral to Gyno,after 6 months no BFP onto IUI~~<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12551b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
March 12th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks gals.
I have actually decided to seperate myself as much as possible from the whole shower planning. I've given her all the info my friend needs. I was just getting WAY too bitter about it and my friend doesn't know that we are ttc since we haven't told anyone. So I think this is the best solution.
March 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Veteran
I know how you feel, I know this girl who just decided to give her first baby up for adoption once the baby is born because she says the baby is an inconveniece to her and her boyfriend. She says her career will suffer and she is not letting "it" get in her way. I just want to slap her!! My hubby and I have been trying for 2 years already and still no luck. I really hate people who just don't understand the precious gift they have been given when they conceive a child. Sorry for the rant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search