Do you get cynical?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to be hopeful every month that I will be getting a BFP, but as the 2WW goes on I just "know" that I'm not pregnant and I don't know if I tell myself that so I am not setting myself up to be too disappointed or what. But of course every month AF shows up and when I get the spotting I'm like "well I just knew it wasn't this month". Its getting to the point where every month now I just know I'm not going to be pregnant even though I am dying to be pregnant. This is so frustrating, I never knew TTC could be like this...

I am waiting for that month when I just know and feel pregnant and get that BFP. I hope sooner rather than later, it gets harder as the months go on. We are about to start BDing for cycle 10. Wish me luck ladies, I would love to have a Christmas baby.
March 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
I understand your fustration completely. You just have to keep your head up! I am started my CLomid yesterday and we are doing an IUI in about a week. We have been trying for 5 years. So believe me I understand about hoping every month I am preggo then the witch shows up.

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, in the beginning I would test out the ying yang, but now I just have accepted that fact that I am not pg before af comes and I hardly ever test now. This last cycle was the 1st time I tested since October.
I've started making myself numb about it.
March 31st, 2007, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I just hate that it is becoming so mechanical every month and DH hates BDing on a schedule, but I don't know of any other way....the past 3 months we BD 5-6 times around O and it is just amazing to not be pregnant when you BD that much around O..

Just gets frustrating and I get so down about it. Usually by O I am so ready to begin our BDing but this month I'm just so blehhh about it..
April 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After having kids already and knowing my body so well, I can tell that I'm not pg before AF shows. It's kinda sad, but it saves a lot of money in hpt's.

April 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Erin24's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Erin24
I know exactly what you mean....I'm in the 2ww...we BD'd twice on the day of O ...before and after O...I keep telling myself maybe i did get P this time..But, in the same breath it's like..Why would I be pg?? we did nothing different this time...Same thing as every other month for the last almost 6 years. I'm tryin to do what my Doctor says and give it 3 or 4 more months...But, I think I'm gonna go ahead and make another appt...3 months isn't gonna make a difference. Anyways, I hope you get the BFP that you're looking for.
April 5th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, I'm trying a different approach this month. Every day I'm thinking positive thoughts that I am pregnant this month, and I'm praying a lot too!

Hope it works, TTC is getting so tiring!

Good luck..
April 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
ilmsg's Avatar Veteran
I know how you feel, we've been trying about 6 months too, and every month I pretty much feel the same way you describe. It does start to get mechanical. I think maybe the stress of it all ends up hurting the process.
TTC #1 since October 2006

Three Clomid/IUI cycles... all BFN
IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN
IVF #2 (FET): Cancelled due to thin lining, converted to EFT cycle

*Abnormal EFT/biopsy...surgical hysteroscopy done to remove scarring and polyps*
Mock IVF cycle and repeat EFT is NORMAL!

FET transfer 10/27, BFP!!

#1 Beta: 11/5 - 44
#2 Beta: 11/7 - 145
#3 Beta: 11/14 - 4835
1st U/S: 12/2 - no h/b, waiting to m/c

April 14th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Regular
It's difficult I know. I can't offer much just what we did to try and make things easier. We stopped focusing so much on the technical side. We AF shows up I figure out a rough estimate of when I will ovulate. I watch my body signs to confirm my estimate. Then as far as BD, we just relax and enjoy our life and our love together. If I accept that I cannot control whether we get pregnant or not then it makes the BFN a lot easier to take.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search