Trying to conceive with one ovary

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Regular
I have Endometriosis and have had two laperoscopies done in the last almost two years to remove my endometriosis I was on birth control for about three years which did not help very much with my pain and I went off of birth control in July of 2006 to try and conceive, but have not been successful yet. I started having more pain and I had not gotten my period since January 9th and so I had an ultrasound done which showed that I had a right ovarian cyst. My Doctor decided to perform surgery again [3rd laperoscopy in almost three years], as he needed to be able to drain the cyst if possible or if it was a hemorrhagic cyst then he told me they would have to remove my right ovary.

I had my surgery on Thursday, April 12th. My surgery took an hour longer than it should have. I woke up from my surgery and I was told that they did have to remove my right ovary during the surgery. The cyst was a hemorrhagic cyst [luckily a benign cyst – non-cancerous] and when the Doctor tried to remove it, there as too much bleeding and if he would have left it, I would have had internal bleeding and it would have killed me.

I am devastated that my Doctor needed to remove my right ovary. I am scared that due to my endometriosis and the fact that I now only have one ovary, I will be unable to conceive. Also, ever since I went off of birth control in July of 2006 I have had irregular periods and I am not even sure if I have been ovulating since July. I wonder whether or not I have ovulated due to the fact that I have had hardly any CM since I went off of birth control, which I know tends to be a sign of ovulation. Two days after my surgery, I finally started my period again. And so, my partner and I are going to start trying to conceive ASAP. I was hoping that I could get some helpful tips on trying to conceive. I would like to know if there is any way I can increase the amount of CM I have and anything else that will help us in conceiving. Thank you for any tips or advice you can give me as I really appreciate it.
April 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did some research on ttc and found stories of women who have conceived with just one ovary. As long as you still have one then it is possible. It may take you awhile though. And the lack of CM seems to be very common. I use to have great CM in my late teens and early 20's but getting closer to 30 and since I stopped using the birth control patch I now don't produce a good amount or quality of CM. They do have a lube called pre-seed that is sperm friendly and imitates your own CM. I am on my second cycle of using it and I have read many reviews about it and it seems to work for many couples. Here is a link to where you can purchase some and read reviews on it. It comes with two pregnancy test also.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/002-044...ywords=pre-seed

You also may want to chart your temps and use opk's at the same time so that you know when or if you are ovulating so that you don't have to guess or wonder. I also have a book called "Taking charge of your fertility," and it is great. Gives you a lot of good information on ttc. I bought it off Amazon also, so you may want to look into getting it. It was the best book I could have bought on ttc. Good luck though and I do know that you still can achieve pregnancy, even with the medical obsticals you have.
BabyDust

April 20th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hi there,

I was just lurking and noticed your post. I had one ovary and fallopian tube removed due to a cyst when I was 16 years old. I got pregnant when I was 17, the first time I did the deed actually and I'm sad to say I didn't keep that baby but it was the best choice for me at the time.

My husband and I started trying in December 2006 and the first cycle I got pregnant but sadly had a miscarriage at 5 weeks.

What I'm saying is that with only one ovary and tube I've only had unprotected sex twice and both times have ended up pregnant so it shouldn't take any longer than someone with two ovaries....I'm not knowledgeable about Endo however.

Best of luck!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search