Hi Im new to this board

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
christinattc3's Avatar Member
Im Christina age 24, married to my husband Jeremy since February 26th 2003. We have been together since 1998. It took us three long years and one MC at 20 weeks (my lil boy) before we conceived my first. I have two precious girls Laela 3 yo and Aliza 2 yo next month. It took us a short time to get pg the second time around. Then we started trying right away for our third child with an 8 week MC back in september 2005. I have been trying ever since. We took a break because it was starting to depress me and I worked a lil on myself. lost 35 lbs (in which 15 has come back since then) we werent preventing but we werent trying. I wasnt temping or charting or taking OPKs or HPTs. Now im ever more so depressed that I am a pretty healthy 24 year old woman and have not become pg yet, I started temping again this month and im just getting over AF yesterday. I have finally made an apt for the very first time in my life with my healthcare provider to do my yearly pap and talk about infertility.

I was wondering for those of you who have gone through it, what is the initial visit like and how soon can they offer a solution and what is the solution they offer first hand?

I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully something comes for all of us soon. anyone else been trying for almost 2 years plus?

Christina
MC#1 August 2001 (20wk) MC#2 December 2005 (6wk)

April 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there Christina! My name is Kesha and I'm 27, been married to DH for a year now. I have one little boy who is almost 7 and Hubby has one boy who is almost 9. We don't have kids together yet and have been trying now for 17 months. Took me no time at all to get mmy son and I even had a pregnancy 3 years before him and 3 years after him. Each time it was a piece of cake. But not now. So I know what your going through. I have been to my doctor 3 times in the last year and she is reluctant to do anything at all because of the fact my husband and I have had children. So hopefully your doc will be more helpful but it seems to be a common thing for people to not take you serious when you have already had children. But my doc did say that if I wanted to go forward then they would start with a semen analysis on my hubby to check his sperm and if that checked out ok then she would start with blood test on me to check hormone, progesterone and thyroid. So once you get throught the blood testing they will start other test to mak sure your ovulating and that your tubes are not blocked. I know they check for scar tissue in the uturus and tubes and also for pcos and endometriosis. It can be a long grueling process and some of it a bit painful. That's why hubby and I have been very reluctant to start. Not to mention it can get expensive in the long run if your insurance doesn't cover it. You can obviously get pregnant, it just seems to take a while in between children and you have had a couple MC's. I wish you luck though and all the women here are great. I'm sure you will get to know us all and if you ever need to talk we are all here for you. Baby Dust!

April 22nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi
My name is Christin and dh and I have been ttc for 3yrs now and we m/c our little miracle in Jan of this year.

I have been through alot of fertility testing.

My OB had me do bloodwork, they did a biopsy of my uterine lining, also a HSG scan which is where they put dye into the fallopian tubes to make sure there isnt any blockage. Dh has had quite a few sperm analysis as well.

I have since moved on to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. My 1st appt with him he scheduled me for a laparoscopy to make sure i didnt have any scar tissue or endemetrosis. Ive also had a sonohysterogram with him which is where they inject dye into the uterus to check for any thing that might hinder implantation or conception.

After alll that testing we found out that dh has a low sperm count and not so good morphology or motility. He pretty much has lazy sperm LOL.
There was nothing wrong with me that they could find. Perfect 28 day cycles. Ovulated just fine.

Lots of doctors prescribe clomid because it helps with a stronger ovulation and more "targets" for the sperm to get to. We have also done IUI's with clomid.

Currently we are going through something similar to IVF.

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

April 22nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
Welcome to the board. My name is Jena and my DH is Steve. We have been ttc for quite some time. We have been through all the testing i.e. bloodwork, seman analysis, HSG, and an endometrial biopsy. We have what is called unexplained infertility. So we were suppose to do an IUi this month however I have a cyst and we now have to wait until that goes away. I was on clomid last month and O'ed really early. So now we are in a waiting game until the cysts goes away and then we are going to try for the IUI with Clomid. Good luck. Keep us posted!

</div>
April 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
oh wow kesha im so sorry that your doc isnt being very helpful for you. As far as I know, the doc im going to see is pretty nice, but we shall see...ive never done this before and she very well may seem reluctant due to the fact I have two of my own and my girls are so young. But just like any fertility issues rather you have one or not it still hurts...I do feel much more sorry for the ones who werent blessed yet. It took me long enough to concieve my first so I can relate to the first timers. I have a friend who has been trying for 10 years now. I dont know what I would do telling her im pg again, but I wanted my children close so I could be done, but I guess God has other plans for me. Hang in there keep trying You have an extra prayer from me. Nice to meet you. Hugs.

Nice to meet you Christin, Im very sorry for your loss. WOW you have been through so much at such a young age I hope that you come across something really soon with the future IVF!!!! Hugs and thanks for the response!

April 23rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
awww wow hun youve been through quite a bit yourself. I dunno why I didnt go sooner to talk about my infertility. Scared I guess. I sure hope you can do an IUi next cycle! Im just curious if id even have a chance at being offered clomid from my doc, im not so sure shes gonna be so leniant (sp) good luck to you too keep me posted as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search