It took 14 1/2 years....to conceive

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Veteran
I just wanted to share my story....

My husband and I were told 15 years ago that we couldn't have a child. We adopted a 5 year old 13 years ago. I held out some hope for the first 5 years of our marriage, but since we never conceived I gave up the idea of ever having a biological child. Then last July I found out I was pregnant. Talk about a huge shock , we were thrilled and scared. It was fun surpising everyone with our news. I had some bleeding at the very beginning of the pregnancy, it was scary. Things were cruising right along, untill I hit 26 weeks. I woke up with a back ache, and delivered my beautiful Beth later the same day. She was 2 pounds and 13 3/4 inches long. She spent 66 days in the NICU, and came home in the middle of January. She is now doing amazing, gaining weight, getting longer, and starting to smile and "coo". She has been very lucky, and amazingly healthy for such an early bird.

I guess I just wanted to share my story, thought it might give some of you ladies hope. Never Give UP......you never know what might happen later.

Thanks for letting me share....
Mary & Beautiful Beth

April 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much! Your story has given me more hope. It honestly made me cry (in a good way lol)

April 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Miles
That is a great story hun, thanks for sharing it! CONGRATS on the little one!
April 28th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Veteran
What a beautiful story and thankyou for sharing. I hope you and your baby are still doing super!!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">I've Been Gobbled! </div>
<div align="center">
CHERRY HILL PHOTOGRAPHY</div>

<div align="center"> </div>
April 29th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Veteran
Quote:
What a beautiful story and thankyou for sharing. I hope you and your baby are still doing super!![/b]
Yes we are still doing great. Beth is growing and changing everyday, its amazing. We have been very lucky when it comes to her health. She hasn't had any major colds or RSV or anything like that. We hardly ever go anywhere so that probably helps alot..lol. I have also been blessed with a brand new nephew, who is now 1 month old. Its going to be fun watching them grow up together.

I am glad if my story has given some of you ladies hope. I have posted on the February DDC, and the preemie board as well accastionally. I just felt like I needed to post here to for some reason. I cry all the time when I read others stories of success or struggles.

Well the munckin is awake now so I should go.

Thanks for the replies.
Mary

PS.. I tried to get a picture to show up, but it didn't quite work right. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?? I want Beth's picture to show up in the message when I post.

May 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Veteran
What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your story and for posting the picture of your beautiful little girl!!!
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20

May 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ladymm34,

We miss you in Feb Playroom. I was just lerking. So glad little Beth is doing well. Since I am here I will tell you ladies, it took us 1 1/2 years to get pg. I know its nothing compared to ladymms' 14 years but it was still stressing. Never lose hope and pay attention to your body. There were so many times we thought we were "trying" but then after the fact I realized my timing was off. So I also don't know if this worked or not but I always heard after dtd you should prop your bottom up on a pillow and stay still for 20 minutes or so. Well this was the first time I did that and that's when we conceived Hope. Just a Thought.

Good Luck to all you ladies.....Here's some baby dust for you all....

Lydia
May 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
What a lovely story. Thanks for sharing

May 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Mary-

Thanks for sharing that story. I am sitting here at work reading it and crying. Glad my boss went out for a little while. Glad Beth is growing and doing well.

Shayna

Do not mention on FB
May 13th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is amazing! It goes to show what is meant for you in this life will happen one day!
My Mum and Dad ttc me their only child for 10yrs and my mum said she never gave up hope.
I LOVE stories like your's. We have been ttc#1 for 3yrs and are having IVF in Aug.
I have complete faith that i too will be a Mum one day

Thanks for sharing your journey and your dd is BEAUTIFUL!

Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search