I need surgery

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I need surgery for sure to treat the endo and then also possibly to have my septum removed. This doctor actually removes endo instead of just cauterizing it like most doctors do. That made me very happy to hear. If he's able to get all of it, then it's possible that it won't return. Now I just have to decided when to have the surgery.

My choices are June 26th (next Tuesday) or Aug 14th. Those are the soonest available open spots he has. I would normally just say next Tuesday hands down, but we are in the process of trying to sell our home and will be moving into a new home in a bit. We finally have a finalized date of when our final walk-through and close date will be on our new house, though, so at least I have that info. Our final walk-through will be July 25th and the close date would be August 2nd. That gives me a little over a month to heal completely before the move. The majority of our stuff is packed away already, so that's not much of an issue, but still. I just don't know what to do. I also have to go on bcp for one cycle after the surgery to make sure that everything is all healed before we can even TTC again. It's so frustrating, but I know that this is what's needed in order for me to get pg again. I have to let them know by tomorrow if I want to have the surgery on Tuesday. Lots to think about . . .

June 21st, 2007, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Hi, I was just lurking here...technically I have been TTC for 6 mo but really haven't posted here. I think a month to heal before you move will be fine. If it were me I would want it to be over as soon as possible. What did you decide?
June 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi! I haven't post here and a very long time because well, just look at my siggies I just had the surgery you are talking about last month, Laparoscopic, Hysteroscopic, Metroplasty. You will be fine to go ahead and do it then move. I was running again just 5 days after the surgery. The day after you will be very bloated and very sore. My belly button hurt horribly. You will be on your back the day of surgery and the next day. Two days after surgery, I was feeling better but still on my back all day. The 3rd day I was able to get out and eat lunch with my mom. By the 4th day, I was back at work and feeling fine. My doctor said that there was no way I could hurt what he had done, so I could go ahead and do whatever I felt like I could. He said one of his patients had the surgery then was playing tennis 2 days later I had stage 2 endo and a septum removed. I had an incision in my belly button, and 1 very down low right above my uterus. The low one never did bother me, but the belly button one hurt. I lived on loratab for 3 days then switched to motrin for 1, then was off pain meds altogether. My doctor had me take 16 days of estrogen, then add progesterone for 10 days. I just have 3 more days of the progesterone left. He also wants me to wait one more cycle before trying again. That is fine with me since I didn't want to get preg until fall anyway. I needed a break from the roller coaster ride I have been on for 1 1/2 years. If you have anymore questions about what to expect or whatever, you can PM me.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
June 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I decided to wait just because I'm the one who has to do the packing and keeping the home "show perfect" while trying to sell the house. My dh is paralyzed and can't do all that much in regards to housework (especially since we have stairs in part of the house). Plus, I had forgotten that I have a concert to go to this Thursday that I won tickets for. There's no way I'd be feeling good enough to go to a concert just two days after surgery. It's just for the best for our whole family to wait.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search