Do you ever feel like giving up?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2007, 01:06 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I'm starting cycle 17 today. 17!!!! I never imagined it would take me this long to get pregnant. I think I might finally have DH convinced that we need to have some tests run, and get a Doc to help us with getting pregnant. I'm just so tired of seeing 's all the time. It's exhausting. I just wish I could have even one baby with him. We want three more than the 2 I already have from my first marriage, but even if I could give him one I'd be happy.
I just wish I knew when it was gonna be my turn.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
I know what you mean. It took DH and I almost 5 years before going to a RE and now we are on our second round of Clomid/IUI. So hopefully this works if not onto IVF.

The biggest thing is to stay positive. I know how hard it is and how things are always easier said then done. But if you start to get down than DH gets down and then its all down hill from there. Keep your chin up. It will happen when you least expect it. Keep us posted!

Jena

</div>
July 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not to the point of giving up yet, but I am at the point where I want to yell, scream, and hit something. I want someone to blame for not having a baby yet.
July 10th, 2007, 05:07 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I don't really ever want to give up except when I realize AF is gonna show. Which is when I posted this. lol. Maybe I should just learn to step away from the keyboard when AF hits!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am new at posting messages in these types of forums. I just thought that it would help me deal with my situation better. I have been ttc for 6 months this month. I really thought that I had been successful with my June cycle, I was late starting in July. Anyway, I was just extremely disappointed when I started on Saturday. I really don't want to give up, but it is so emotionally draining, especially since my m/c in January. Just hang in there, I always have to remind myself that God has a plan.

July 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
MrsRodgers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MrsRodgers
I go through that feeling of giving up or is it even worth it when I get that BFN, but then a couple days later I think to myself, this is another shot--you have AF for a few days and then you are right back in the game! I'm trying to enjoy the closeness with my DH while we prepare ourselves to try again and doing some BD-ing! We make that about our time together and less like its a means to an end. I think it helps us stick with it and not give up. Although DH is less likely to give up than I am--I get really down when I see the BFN but he says ok, let me know when we can start again. That helps too.

</span>
July 17th, 2007, 12:08 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I don't ever really feel like giving up, but I get so angry that it hasn't happened yet. I keep going on though because I keep telling myself that when it happens, every month that passes, DF and I are so much better off financially and even emotionally, that we have so much more to offer a child with each passing month. DF and I never dreamed it would take us so long. As many couples think, we believed that it would have the first cycle! Big surprise! But, I guess I have my good days and my bad days. Today, thankfully .. Is an okay day.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

July 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
UMNgrad97's Avatar Regular
I don't feel like giving up, but it does get harder every month. This past one wasn't any fun. I was on the verge of tears for two days after AF arrived.

But, then I went & got my hair highlighted as a little self pampering to cheer myself up. I haven't done that in years and decided that, knowing my luck, I'll need a touch up in 6-8 weeks and then I won't be able to get it because I'll be pregnant! (One can hope!)

Chin up... we'll all be pregnant soon, and then we'll all go hang out in the playrooms together!

Siggie courtesy of rawisner.
July 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Miles
Yep I am ready to give up as well hun this is cycle 20 for us.
August 1st, 2007, 09:37 AM
Veteran
I think it's so important to make the most of the times when you feel positive to remind yourself to accept the fact that as human beings our emotions are up and down, and it's impossible to not have down days, (and angry and frustrated... oh and tearful days). I find it a little easier that I can let myself off the hook and think well ok I feel horrible about it today and I just want it so bad. That's ok, I'll let myself have a miserable morning or day but pep talk myself that by tomorrow I am going to wake up feeling better and more positve and am going to go out and do something nice.DH says that really special lovely people who are going to make amazing and loving parents sometimes have to wait that little while longer because they have to wait for a top notch egg and sperm to make an extra special baby, and they can sometimes to take a while to show up! I guess ultimately it is an ongoing battle and we all have fear of the unknown, and all we can do is keep hoping, enjoy the good times and not punish ourselves for having occasional bad times.I think it's so important to make the most of the times when you feel positive to remind yourself to accept the fact that as human beings our emotions are up and down, and it's impossible to not have down days, (and angry and frustrated... oh and tearful days). I find it a little easier that I can let myself off the hook and think well ok I feel horrible about it today and I just want it so bad. That's ok, I'll let myself have a miserable morning or day but pep talk myself that by tomorrow I am going to wake up feeling better and more positve and am going to go out and do something nice.DH says that really special lovely people who are going to make amazing and loving parents sometimes have to wait that little while longer because they have to wait for a top notch egg and sperm to make an extra special baby, and they can sometimes to take a while to show up! I guess ultimately it is an ongoing battle and we all have fear of the unknown, and all we can do is keep hoping, enjoy the good times and not punish ourselves for having occasional bad times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search