I'm new here!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Am I PG yet?
Hi I've been posting over at the TTC for the first time and a little birdie told me about this board!

My name is Kirsteen and I've been TTC for over a year now. DH's sperm are just swimming around chasing their tails.
We have an appointment with a fertility Clinic on the 30th of July...but I hope we won't need it! I'm being optimistic about this cycle...Why not right?

Uhhh that's it for now!
July 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM
MrsRodgers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MrsRodgers
Welcome and I hope you won't need it either!
We are still trying to figure out what is going on with me, although our RE is pretty sure my low progesterone is our problem. Not as easy as I thought it would be to fix. Waiting for 3:00 to come to get a confirmation of my blood work and see if we are PG or not. I dont' think I am but I'll know soon enough!

</span>
July 12th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Am I PG yet?
Did you get that blood work back yet? Fingers crossed for you!!!
July 16th, 2007, 08:50 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also new here. I feel weird posting some of my personal issues with people I do not know, but I thought that it would make me feel better knowing that there are others out there who have experienced some of my same problems. This month will be my 6th month TTC. I suffered a m/c in January. I just need a little reassurance.

July 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately blood test came back and AF showed about two days later so here I sit waiting for my next shot at the title! Dr. upped the Clomid and we're hoping that it works this time. Cheri's prediction said either the 7th month of trying or the 7th month of the year so either way it would be July for us and we still have a few days in July when we will be BD-ing so here's to hoping!!!!!

and rdburell: it is a little strange at first but its like talking to girlfriends you havent' seen in awhile. And everyone is wonderfully supportive and it really helps talking to people who are going through the same things. Its made my last disappointment a lot easier! Welcome!

</span>
July 17th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I have figured out what some of these acronyms are, but there are some that I am still having difficulty figuring out. For instance AF I think that I know what it is but what does AF stand for, and the same for DH. I just thought that I would share a little of my situation, I got married in January of this year. This is my second marriage (actually the first was not really a "marriage"). Needless to say, I wanted a baby with my first, of course before everything went way downhill. I went through the clomid thing at that time, he was tested and so on. I was diagnosed with PCOS, I was told that the best way to reverse the PCOS and get regulated was weight loss. I worked on that issue and lost 50 pounds, since then I have been regular. I got pregnant in November, I was thrilled, but m/c'ed in January, I was devastated! I had a D&C the day after my wedding. I almost missed my honemoon cruise, that was even more depressing, but my ob/gyn released me to go. I have been trying since my m/c, and have been unsuccessful. I am trying to keep a positive outlook. Good luck to all.

July 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I understand that all too well. I had my m/c and d&c two weeks before our wedding and only a week before Christmas. I think that with everything else going on, I was a little distracted from my grief but I felt it when we started TTC again. My poor DH, the first time we decided to BD again I started bawling. I must have made him feel good right? But he was really great and just held me and told me that it was ok to be scared and that made all the difference. Now I am just waiting and hoping. I am on round 3 of Clomid and hoping that the doctor upping the doseage will make all the difference. I've also started temping and charting. I think we might get pre-seed too because I've only heard good things about it!

</span>
July 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I will being going to my obgyn for my pap at the end of August, I think that I probably will start discussing fertility options with my doc. again. Maybe I will be fortunate and not need any fertility options by the end of August (one could only hope)! I am so sorry that you had to go through such a disappointment right before your wedding. The Thursday before I got married, I started spotting, so I called the emergency line by Friday.....the nurse told me that it was pretty common to spot, she told me to monitor it and if by Monday it did not stop, then call the Dr's office. I knew that my DH (what does DH stand for?) and I had scheduled our cruise to depart on Monday. I would have been extremely devastated if I did not go. I would have stayed at home a bawled all week, I needed something to occupy my mind. So, I made my DH call the emergency line on Sunday instead of Monday. Needless to say I had an ultrasound, and the baby's heartbeat could not be found or heard. I was almost 11 weeks pregnant. I was told to go to the hospital Sunday, and had the D&C between 7-8 that evening. I was soooo sore, but I was definitely determined to go on my cruise. I needed it, besides the fact we could not engage in romantic activities (dr's orders), we had a great time!!

Thanks for talking,
Becky

July 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
UMNgrad97's Avatar Regular
Hi Ladies,

As weird as it is to talk to strangers, I also find it liberating, because I know you're all going through the same thing and can relate without all the traditional family/friend dynamics that go into such discussions. Anyway...

My husband & I started fertility testing a few months ago. We'd been trying to conceive since last June, and started charting last September. After 7 months of charting & well timed "relations" we decided something wasn't right. So, we went in.

My FSH tested normal and my hubby's "little swimmers" were in the normal range. However, my PG tested low, so that has been ruled the likely culprit.

My PG test results themselves weren't conclusive, but I had a lot of premenstrual brown spotting (or "sludge" as I like to call it) for several years now. I always assumed that was a part of my period and that I just had long periods due to previously being on the pill. Apparently, I was uninformed. It was probably "old blood" from a previous menstrual cycle. That is usually caused by low progesterone levels. So that paired with my slightly low test results, leads the Dr. to believe that's the problem. Thus, he prescribed progesterone pills. I took them this past month, but of course, I got my spotting & period again. (Though the spotting was less.)

So, I am hoping this next month of PG supplements does the trick and baby #1 makes its way into our lives. If not, were going to look at some non-traditional (aka non medical) treatments before we pursue additional testing.

I am very anxious to see how others respond to the PG supplements too. So, keep us posted!

~Nicole

Siggie courtesy of rawisner.
July 20th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Hi Ladies,

As weird as it is to talk to strangers, I also find it liberating, because I know you're all going through the same thing and can relate without all the traditional family/friend dynamics that go into such discussions. Anyway...

My husband & I started fertility testing a few months ago. We'd been trying to conceive since last June, and started charting last September. After 7 months of charting & well timed "relations" we decided something wasn't right. So, we went in.

My FSH tested normal and my hubby's "little swimmers" were in the normal range. However, my PG tested low, so that has been ruled the likely culprit.

My PG test results themselves weren't conclusive, but I had a lot of premenstrual brown spotting (or "sludge" as I like to call it) for several years now. I always assumed that was a part of my period and that I just had long periods due to previously being on the pill. Apparently, I was uninformed. It was probably "old blood" from a previous menstrual cycle. That is usually caused by low progesterone levels. So that paired with my slightly low test results, leads the Dr. to believe that's the problem. Thus, he prescribed progesterone pills. I took them this past month, but of course, I got my spotting & period again. (Though the spotting was less.)

So, I am hoping this next month of PG supplements does the trick and baby #1 makes its way into our lives. If not, were going to look at some non-traditional (aka non medical) treatments before we pursue additional testing.

I am very anxious to see how others respond to the PG supplements too. So, keep us posted!

~Nicole[/b]
Nicole,
I have the same problem. We got PG the first time we really tried but lost the baby in December at 8 weeks. Found out from that my progesterone levels were ridiculously low. The doctor had put me on suppositories while I was PG but it was too late. Now I am on Clomid 5-9 and after my blood work (to check for ovulation) on the CD18 I have to start the suppositories again twice a day. Hoping the Clomid and the progesterone will work its magic this month but we shall see.
Hoping it works out for you too!!!!

</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search