TTC Pet Peeves!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Six Months +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Six Months + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alright ladies, let's all name those pet peeves that are specific to TTC!

My #1 pet peeve is when friends fall pregnant and hate it or don't even care one way or another, or pregnant women complaining in general
My #2 is when people ask you when you're going to have a baby. Uhh for one that hurts because it reminds you of everything and for two, as if we actually KNOW when we're going to fall pregnant

What are some of yours?

July 30th, 2007, 10:21 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Pretty much the same. Another one is seeing women who you know are going to be horrible mothers ending up pregnant! It doesn't seem fair! I may not be the best mother, but DH and I and my two from my first marriage could give a new baby LOTS of love. We all want a new baby in the house desperately....why should someone who is going to see the baby as a burden get one when I can't have one!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
why should someone who is going to see the baby as a burden get one when I can't have one![/b]
That is the one question that hurts SO bad, month after month. I broke down one day and called my mom because a friend of mine became pregnant and had the nerve to say "Ugh my life is over" directly to me. That tore me apart, and almost sent me into a nervous breakdown because it's NOT fair! My mom tried to calm me down and said, "It isnt FAIR Amy, it just is what it is." I've been saying "It is what it is" for a few months now. It keeps me sane, because it's DEFINITELY not fair.

July 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
I hate seeing young women who did not want to get pregnant or who got pregnant at a young age and cannot afford a baby. That just kills me. Here I am 25 stable and married and I cannot get pregnant. It really stinks.

Jena

</div>
August 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes this drives me crazy too. DH is a cop, so he sees so many situations of people with little babies and small kids that mistreat them or are on drugs, or women or are pregnant and can't afford the kids or are really young etc.

He tells me these stories and I'm like how is that fair that these kinds of people can get pregnant and/or have kids, and we are young, have good jobs, a nice house etc and we can't get pregnant after a year of TTC. urghh it gets so frustrating!!

Its like that movie idiocracy, anyone ever seen that? If you haven't, look it up you will understand what I mean!
August 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM
AMCM's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AMCM
People thinking it's easy to get pregnant and we must be doing it wrong.

Not getting pregnant!!!!!!!

August 6th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
People who say "At least you have ONE"

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!
August 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM
aries2276's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People who get pregnent by mistake and get this, opt for abortion.
I have personally known a person who did this ( she actually said she's done with diapers and she's a free bird after a long time and don't want another baby to hold her up ) of course she doesn't know I'm having a hard time conceiving.She had an abortion when I was miscarrying right in the same month june 06.Well i started miscarrying in april but I bled till end of june.And we both went to the same doctor.
Yes it isn't fair.

TTC #1 since Feb 2006
Apr 06 - m/c. Aug 06 to Jan 06 - TTC naturally.
Feb 07 to Nov 07 - 5 unsuccessful IUI's with injectibles,1 ectopic,1 Laproscopy.Lost left tube

IVF:
Jan 08 IVF # 1 - Ovulated Early. Converted to IUI -BFN
Mar 08 IVF # 2 - BFN

New RE:
May 08 - Clomid and IUI- BFP
Thank you Jesus for this miracle.

Our Precious baby born 5 Feb 09 @ 7:52pm. 7lb 8oz, 19 1/2"

August 9th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mom4Xavier's Avatar Regular
Doctors who say you have already given birth to at least one baby and you have gotten pregnant before, so we know you can conceive. Just relax and have fun trying! It WILL happen. Just be patient. Blah blah blah.... well, come to find out... I'm not ovulating!!! Silly doctor... doesn't realize us women KNOW our bodies and when something's wrong! Anyone else have that happen to them?

~Crys
Preggo With Baby Zander! Boy #3!
To Niki, Viki, Paige, And Bret!

August 15th, 2007, 03:27 PM
karasekbaby's Avatar Veteran

my favorite was a preg friend told me one month that i should not be so upset cause
"it was not like i was trying that hard anyway"

So...if anyone could explain to me how to "try harder" I would appreicate it -

August 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Veteran
Quote:
So...if anyone could explain to me how to "try harder" I would appreicate it - [/b]
Yea, one time my MIL was saying " go do it more often, you guys didn't try hard enough". And my DH replied "if we try any harder, my dick is going to fall off".

Me: Elaine (36)
DH: Richie (35)
TTC #1: 5 years (with PCOS, reoccurring fibroids, endometriosis, fluid in uterine cavity)
TTC history: 3 surgeries - myomectomy ('04), laparoscopy ('06), hysteroscopy ('07). 8 cycles of clomid/serophene, puregon; 2 cycles of IUI; 1 cycle of IVF, 1 more frozen emby for FET. Currently taking a break from western medicine and going for weekly acupuncture treatment and taking Chinese herbs. Praying for a miracle baby.
August 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Veteran
Quote:
People who get pregnent by mistake and get this, opt for abortion.
I have personally known a person who did this ( she actually said she's done with diapers and she's a free bird after a long time and don't want another baby to hold her up ) of course she doesn't know I'm having a hard time conceiving.She had an abortion when I was miscarrying right in the same month june 06.Well i started miscarrying in april but I bled till end of june.And we both went to the same doctor.
Yes it isn't fair.[/b]
I know a couple that got pregnant 3 years ago and aborted becuase "it was not the right time". They were 26 years old, married, with a nice house and jobs!. ***??

Me 28, DH 31
Married 09/2003
TTC #1 since 08/2007, history on FF Home Page - from IUI's to IVF we have tried it all.
TTC Cycle #20

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search